WhatsApp not connecting, and you have no idea about a solution? If so, this article could be the answer. So, if you have any issues related to the functionality of your WhatsApp, continue reading. This article explains WhatsApp’s functionality, the reasons behind its issues, and, more importantly, the solutions to its issues.
As you may already know, WhatsApp is rated among the most popular communication apps in the world. Many individuals use WhatsApp as their preferred method of communication. Moreover, it is used for business purposes, as well. That is particularly because of the features it offers and ease of use. In general, WhatsApp works smoothly without giving any troubles.
However, it can experience some technical issues once in a while and may frustrate you. As we have learned, both internal and external aspects can cause issues in WhatsApp. We will discuss all those aspects and find out what to do when WhatsApp not connecting.
Part 1: Solutions to try if WhatsApp not connecting on Wi-Fi but working fine with mobile data
For some users, the scenario can be somewhat strange. For them, WhatsApp not working on Wi-Fi only. When mobile data is used, the app starts to connect perfectly. If that is the case with you, the error can be fixed without much hassle. You don’t have to deal with any application uninstallation. In that case, you will have to follow the methods mentioned below and get WhatsApp back in business. In fact, you don’t have to use all those methods. Instead, you can start from the first solution and move to the others one by one.
01. Restart your iOS device and give your WhatsApp an update so it will run on the latest version.
02. Turn on “Airplane Mode” on your device, leave it for a while and turn it off. You can find it in the “Settings.”
03. Go to “Settings” and turn off Wi-Fi. Leave it for a couple of seconds and turn it on once again to see if it works.
04. Make sure that your Wi-Fi connection is enabled even when the device is on “Sleep Mode.”
05. Reboot the corresponding Wi-Fi router and reset the network settings. You can do it through the “General” option and then go to “Reset.” After that, you should go to “Reset Network Settings.” You will have to reenter the Wi-Fi credentials once you have done this.
06. If it still doesn’t work, contact your Network Administrator and see if there is a connection failure. Some networks work as “Managed Connections,” so your WhatsApp not connecting probably because of a blockage.
Part 2: Solutions to try when WhatsApp not connecting with mobile data
Some users say that their WhatsApp not connecting when using mobile data. This can be a very annoying issue, particularly when you want to communicate while you are on the go. You can try below solutions & see if it does any good.
How to Fix WhatsApp Not Connecting on Android Devices
If you are using an Android phone and experiencing some connection issues, you should follow the below-mentioned fixes.
01. Restart the Android device and update the WhatsApp app through the Google Play Store. If not, you can even uninstall & reinstall the app to see if it works.
02. Turn on “Airplane Mode.” To do that, you should go to the “Settings” option. Then, turn off the “Airplane Mode.” You can do the same through the top control bar of your Android device. Then, turn the “Airplane Mode” off.
03. Go to “Settings” and choose the option called “Network & Internet.” Then, you should turn on the option called “Mobile Data,” which is found under “Data Usage.”
04. Go to “Settings” and choose the option called “Apps & Notifications.” Then, go to “WhatsApp” and choose “Data Usage.” After that, you should turn on the “Background Data” option.
05. Make sure to check if the APN settings of the Android device are correctly configured. You can even call your network carrier to get the APN settings configured correctly.
How to Fix WhatsApp Not Connecting on iOS Devices
If your WhatsApp not connecting on iOS devices, you should follow the solutions mentioned below.
01. Restart your iOS device and update your WhatsApp app. If not, you may uninstall and reinstall WhatsApp app.
02. Turn the “Airplane Mode” on in your iOS device.
03. Check if the Cellular data is on in the iOS device. If not, you should turn it on through the “Settings.”
04. Be sure to check if the APN settings are correct. You can get the assistance of your network carrier to get it done.
05. Adjust the APN settings if you have inserted a new SIM card on your iPhone.
Part 3: Is it possible to use WhatsApp without the internet?
There are occasions when your phone doesn’t get enough signals or have no Wi-Fi. For instance, think of a situation where you travel. In that case, there are a couple of options you can consider and use WhatsApp.
ChatSim is a roaming service that has the ability to provide you some relief when there is no internet. In fact, it is a global SIM card that works as a chat-specific SIM. It can send MMS and establish a data connection in the absence of your regular internet connection. With this special SIM, you can use WhatsApp without any hassle. You can obtain this SIM at an annual price of $10. In a nutshell, ChatSim is one of the most practical solutions to bring an internet connection.
● Use WhatsApp Bluetooth messenger
Another method to get WhatsApp working on your device without the internet is WhatsApp Bluetooth Messenger. However, compared to the previous method, this is a pretty risky method. When it comes to your privacy, there can be some issues. This app is not available on the Google Play Store or App Store. Even WhatsApp doesn’t approve of this option. This is a pretty simple chat program that allows you to message between two devices located close by. Also, this app is not compatible with iPhones. So, if you are an iPhone user, there is no use of this app for you.
By the way, let’s fix the WhatsApp backup stuck issue easily now.
Part 4: Use dr.fone to Sync your WhatsApp data to PC
In this section of our article, we explain how to synchronize data from your WhatsApp account to the PC. In this part, we will be using a powerful application called dr.fone – WhatsApp Transfer. Before we learn how to use it, let’s take a quick look at the features of dr.fone – WhatsApp Transfer.
- It can transfer your WhatsApp history as well. The best thing about it is that it transfers selective history. You can switch history from Android to iPhones or vice versa. Also, it lets you transfer data, including attachments.
- It can backup WhatsApp conversations and restore them to other devices whenever you like. You can deploy a one-click operation to get it done. More importantly, it allows you to preview the data before transferring, so you know what exactly you do.
- It supports backing up data on all the chat apps such as LINE, Viber, WeChat, Kik, etc. You can backup text, voice, and even video chat history using this tool. Just like with WhatsApp, you can preview the data of other chat apps before creating backups. Also, it lets you export any item selectively to the computer.
Do you know better methods to try when your WhatsApp not connecting? If so, please share your experience & knowledge with us.