You might have ended up reading this article because your ‘Vizio SmartCast not working‘or ‘SmartCast TV not available‘. Well, you have landed on the correct guide as it reveals all the possible ways to overcome that issue. So, continue reading and learn how to fix this annoying issue.
Simply put, there can be many reasons for your Vizio SmartCast TV to stop working. It can be a software glitch or even a faulty configuration on the network. Also, there can be various issues with the Vizio SmartCast TV that can prevent it from functioning smoothly. For instance, it can be a constant black screen, Vizio TV doesn’t load, the user could not cast, etc. Regardless of the type of the error and its cause, we are going to explain how to fix it.
Important: Before trying any of our solutions, you must ensure that your internet connection is working properly.
Solution 1: Try to Power Cycle if your Vizio SmartCast not working
Sometimes, your ‘Vizio SmartCast not working’ is because of a very small software glitch in its system. Well, the good news is that this type of error is among the easiest to be addressed. As the first solution in our guide, we recommend you to power cycle the TV. Well, the term “Power Cycle” refers to the process of restarting the module completely. As a result of power cycling, the temporary configurations of the model will be deleted. When the device starts, the settings will be fresh. So, the TV has to reinitialize its settings once it is restarted. For many users, this solution works like a charm. Mentioned below are the steps you should follow in order to Power Cycle the TV.
- Get the remote of the TV and press its “Menu” button. Then, select the option called “System“.
- Go to the option called “Reset & Admin“.
- You will see an option called “Soft Power Cycle” now. Just select it, and it will begin the process.
- Be sure to switch off your router as well.
- Once the TV is turned on, power on the router too.
- Once both the devices are switched on, you should check if the TV works correctly.
That’s a soft Power Cycle. If that doesn’t work, follow the steps mentioned below.
- Get the remote and press its power button to turn your TV off.
- Then, you can unplug the TV from its wall outlet.
- Now, you should press the “Power Button” on the TV and hold it for about 30 seconds. Please note that your TV must be unplugged from the power source while doing this.
- You can plug your TV to the power source once the 30-second period is over.
- Then, press and hold the Power Button of the TV for 30 more seconds.
- You can switch on your TV now. Make sure that you don’t press any other button on TV or remote other than the Power Button on the TV.
- Wait for a while, so you will see the Vizio SmartCast Home screen if the issue is fixed.
Solution 2. Refresh the network’s DHCP settings
Sometimes, the ‘Vizio SmartCast Not Working’ issue can relate to a faulty DHCP setting on the network connected to the Vizio SmartCast. If that is the case, you should rectify the DHCP settings to address the issue. The purpose of DHCP settings is to assign an IP address to the clients (devices) on the network. DHCP stands for the term Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol. As you can realize, the term itself describes what this protocol does on the network.
In general, any home network might have more than one device connected to it. Your laptop, a couple of smartphones, a tab or two, etc. will be connected to the home network. That is in addition to the Vizio SmartCast TV. Each of those devices will be given unique IP addresses by the DCHP protocol. In other words, the DCHP protocol ensures that no two devices have the same IP address on a network. As a result, there will not be any conflicts when devices communicate with the router. As long as the DHCP settings are properly configured, the network connection should run very smoothly. However, there are times in which the DCHP protocol is improperly configured due to some reason or another. If that is the case with you, by any chance, there can be conflicts in the network. Meaning, there can be instances when the same IP address is assigned to two IP addresses. As a result, your Vizio SmartCast can become unresponsive. In other words, your ‘Vizio SmartCast not working’ due to a misconfiguration in your DHCP configuration. So, the solution to address this situation is reenabling the DCHP settings. Once the DHCP settings are refreshed, the devices will be assigned IP addresses properly. As a result, all the devices will communicate with the router without any conflicts.
Well, you can follow the steps mentioned below to change the DCHP settings of the network. Also, please note that the steps can vary slightly based on the router.
- Turn your Vizio SmartCast TV off.
- Then, launch a web browser on your computer (which is already connected to the same network).
- Now, you can access the router by entering its URL on the browser’s address bar. Once the router page is loaded, you should enter the username and the password to access the settings.
- Once you have gained access to your router, just enter the “Settings” page.
- You can now go to the DCHP settings section of the router and click on it. Please note that the path can vary depending on the router type. For instance, it can be in the “Advanced,” “Network,” “Setup,” etc.
- You can then enable the DCHP option. If the option is already enabled on the settings, you should disable it first. Then, wait for a couple of seconds and enable it once again.
- Now, you can exit the router page after saving the settings.
- You can now turn on the TV and check if the problem is gone.
If the case was relating to DHCP settings, this solution would have fixed the ‘Vizio SmartCast Not Working’ error. However, if the problem is persisting, you should take the extra step to edit the router settings manually. In this case, you should edit the settings so the router will use Google DNS. Then, check if the Vizio SmartCast is working as expected.
Solution 3. Try the same device with a different network
If none of the above options have worked for you so far, try this method as well. In this case, we assume that everything is fine with the TV set, but something’s wrong with your network. Also, some ISPs can have some restrictions on their web traffic. In fact, they use different techniques to take control of the network to assure safety. So, if there is an added layer of security in your network, that can cause this Vizio SmartCast Not Working issue.
In certain cases, ISPs directly prevent users from accessing various services. If they block a service required by your Vizio SmartCast TV, that can cause problems. So, to address this issue, you should simply connect the same device to a different data network. If you can connect the device to a network under a different ISP, that would be the best move. If you don’t have a different Wi-Fi network at home, you can simply activate your smartphone’s hotspot. So, once again, the key is to connect the device to a network from a different ISP.
- To do that, you should first connect the TV to a different network. If there is no other network, use a hotspot created on your mobile device.
- You can now check if your Vizio SmartCast TV is working as expected. If ‘Vizio SmartCast not working’ yet, the issue might not be on the network. In that case, you will have to move to the next step (which is the last resort).
Solution 4. Factory reset your Vizio SmartCast TV
If you have tried all those methods mentioned above and yet to succeed to fix ‘Vizio SmartCast Not Working’, here’s the last resort. In this step, it is recommended to factory reset your Vizio SmartCast TV and check if it works. Your Vizio SmartCast TV can be factory reset either through the menu or the buttons. If the TV is already stuck in the start loop or black screen, you can use buttons. Well, here are the different steps you can try to factory reset your Vizio SmartCast TV.
- Get the remote of your TV and press its menu button. Then, select the option called “System“.
- After that, you should open the option called “Reset & Admin“. Then, you should select the option called “Reset TV to Factory Defaults“. This will reset your Vizio SmartCast TV to its default settings.
- Just wait until the process is completed.
- If you reach the side of your Vizio SmartCast TV, you can see that there are 04 buttons. The buttons assigned for “Input” and “Volume Down” functions are located towards the bottom. However, the order may vary based on the model of the TV. So, you should somehow find the “Input” and “Volume Down” button and press them for about 10 seconds. This will bring up a bar on the TV screen.
- Press the “Input” button once again for about 05 seconds. That will make your TV screen black.
- Now, switch on the Vizio SmartCast TV and follow onscreen instructions to configure the device.
So, those are the solutions to try if your ‘Vizio SmartCast not working.’ Do you know other ways of fixing this issue? If so, please let us know.