Once you plug a USB drive to your computer, you will be able to see the message that indicates the USB device is not recognized. This can be a painful situation for many. That’s because you don’t have a clear understanding of what you should do. However, don’t worry, because there are some effective methods to fix the “USB device not recognized” error on your computer.
Here are some of the solutions that you can try to fix the “USB device not recognized” issue that you see on your computer. You can follow these steps in the order, or you can pick any of the convenient solutions from the list and go ahead with the application. This can provide you with outstanding results at the end of the day.
1. Restart Your Computer to Fix USB Device Not Recognized
Restarting the computer is one of the steps that you should do if the USB drive is not being recognized by the computer. In fact, restarting the computer will be able to provide you with assistance in overcoming many underlying problems that you have on the computer, as well. You can plug the USB drive and wait for a few minutes to see if the problem is fixed or not. If not, you can take out the USB drive, restart your computer and then plug in the USB drive again. Then you will be able to notice how the device is recognized.
Besides, if you have a problem with “The Last USB Device Malfunctioned” on Windows 10, click to fix it now.
2. Plug The USB Drive To Another Computer
If there is an issue with the USB drive, you will not be able to open it. Then, you will have to see the error “USB device not recognized” that is being appeared on the screen. This is where you need to go ahead and take appropriate steps to plug the USB drive to another computer. Then you will be able to gain access to the computer. If this process worked, you would need to think about getting your USB drive repaired.
3. Remove The Other USB Drives That You Have Plugged
It is worthy to remove the other USB devices that you have plugged into the computer and see how it would work. In some of the instances, a conflict would be creating this issue. Therefore, you will need to try your best to get rid of the conflict that you are having.
Hence, you need to disconnect the other USB drives that you have, plug your USB drive, and see if it is working.
4. Update Drivers Of The USB Port to Fix USB Device Not Recognized
If the drivers of your USB port are outdated, there is a high possibility for you to come across this issue. That’s where you need to think about updating the drivers of the USB port as well. Here, you are provided with two different options to proceed with. Either you will be able to update the drivers of the USB port manually, or else you will be able to proceed with an automatic driver update process.
If you come up with the decision to update the drivers of the USB port through the manual process, you need to understand that it is important to keep a lot of patience while getting the job done. That’s because you are going to go through a risky process, and it will test your patience a lot. You should first do research on the internet and locate the correct drivers that are available for the USB port. Then please download & install those drivers. Installing the incorrect drivers can make things risky.
And if you don’t want to take this risk, you can go ahead with the automatic driver update. This is where you will need to think about getting your hands on a third-party driver update tool. You will be able to locate a large number of third party driver update tools available out there on the internet. You can go through the list of tools and locate the perfect tool out of them. Along with that, you will be able to proceed with the driver update and get the job done.
Here are the steps that you must follow while you are proceeding with the automatic driver update process.
- You should first download and install a driver updating tool to the computer. A lot of options are available for you to consider here, as well. Out of those options, Driver Easy is one of the best tools available to consider. You can update your drivers effortlessly with the help of Driver Easy. You need to launch Drivereasy and hit on the “Scan Now” button. This will scan your computer and detect the underlying problems with drivers on the computer.
- Then you will be able to hit on the update button. You will be able to see the USB port in the list of driver updates that are recommended. In here, you will be able to pick the USB port and proceed only with updating its drivers, or else, you can update all the missing drivers on your computer. You just need to proceed with the best solution out of what is available to you accordingly.
5. Remove the Power Supply
Removing the power supply will also be able to provide you with positive results when you are dealing with the “USB device not recognized” issue on your computer. This can be considered as another quick and straightforward solution available for you to consider.
You need to make sure that the computer is turned off completely. Most modern computers will not turn off immediately. Therefore, you will need to hit Shut down on your computer and then unplug the computer from the power supply. This will provide you with assistance in removing the supply of electricity. Then you will be able to keep it for some time, plug back and turn on the computer. Once you do it, you will be able to see how your issue has been fixed. Even if you are a non-technical person, you will be able to proceed with this solution. And it will help you get the job done accordingly.
6. Fix The USB Root Hub to Fix USB Device Not Recognized
Fixing the USB root hub is another great solution available for the people who are dealing with this issue. Follow steps in order to fix the USB root hub.
- You will need to click on your Start button and then enter the Device Manager. Once you locate Device Manager, you should open it.
- Now you will need to scroll down until you can see the option called USB Serial Bus Controllers. You can then expand it. Then you will be able to right-click on the USB Root Hub and then click on properties.
- Now you will need to enter the Power Management Tab. You should make sure that you are unclicking the option, which indicates that you are Allow the computer to turn off the device to save power. You will need to repeat this process for all the USB ports that you have on your computer.
- Once you do the job for all the USB ports, you can simply save the settings and move forward to the next step, so that you can see whether the issue has been fixed or not.
Recovering Data If The ‘USB Device Not Recognized‘ Issue Is Not Fixed
Now you are aware of some of the most prominent methods available for you to fix the “USB device not recognized” issue that you see on the computer. However, all these methods would not work. In such a situation, you will worry about recovering the data that you have.
Recovering data will not be a difficult thing to do because you just need to seek the assistance of an appropriate data recovery tool. That’s where iMyFone AnyRecover will be able to provide assistance to you. It is one of the most reputed data recovery applications available out there as of now. You can simply use this tool and recover any kind of data that you had stored in the USB drive with ease.
Key Features of iMyFone AnyRecover
- One of the best features of iMyFone AnyRecover is that it can help you to recover data from a variety of storage devices. They include flash drives, hard drives, mobile phones, and even memory cards. No matter for what reason you have issues with accessing data, you can seek the assistance of iMyFone AnyRecover and recover them. Then you will be impressed with the results that you are seeing.
- iMyFone AnyRecover has got the ability to help you with recovering more than 1000 different file formats. They include documents, videos, music files, photos, and many more. Your data recovery will not be limited only to the USB drives. You will also be able to scan and recover data from many other internal and external storage drives that you have.
- And, you don’t need to be a person with a lot of tech skills to use iMyFone AnyRecover. You just need to use the basic computer knowledge and use iMyFone AnyRecover to get the job done. In order to complement you with this, iMyFone AnyRecover will be providing you with a simple user interface as well. You will be able to get the work done effortlessly with the support offered by that user interface.
- You will be able to make data recovery a quick and easy task with the help of iMyFone AnyRecover. And, you are provided with the chance to use iMyFone AnyRecover for free, with the basic version. You can initially try this basic version of the tool. See how it works before you go for the full version.
Steps to recover data via AnyRecover
The following steps will teach you how to use iMyFone AnyRecover and then get hold of the deleted or inaccessible files in your USB drive.
- Step 1 – You should download iMyFone AnyRecover and open it. Then you will need to click on recovering data from an “External Device Recovery.”
- Step 2 – You will need to connect the external USB drive to the computer. Then you need to proceed to the next step. You will now be able to select the specific drive.
- Step 3 – You should now locate the specific data type that you are going to recover with iMyFone AnyRecover.
- Step 4 –Now, the scanning process will start, and you will be able to see a list of files that can be recovered.
You can preview the files out of the list and recover them according to your preferences.