To unlock MetroPCS phone can be an absolute necessity for the users wishing to switch to another network service. However, with the plethora of useless solutions available on the web, those promise to do that, the search for a viable solution becomes even more difficult. Worry not as you will get the right help here as we have taken care of the issue thoroughly.
About the MetroPCS phones and issues with them
The MetroPCS phones have been a trusted partner of many people for a long time, and now they come to be owned by the mobile company named T-mobile. These phones are just like the usual carrier phones whose network is encrypted with a carrier lock of the particular service.
However, this turns out to be a major concern for the genuine customers who simply wish to switch to another carrier service at the end of the contractual period of MetroPCS. The people who buy second-hand devices have to face the same problem. The main reason behind all of this trouble is that the MetroPCS phones with carrier lock cannot be connected with another AT&T network. This means that they will have to be unlocked in any way if you want to use another carrier’s services on them.
Reasons for unlocking the MetroPCS phones
The need to unlock MetroPCS phone may emerge from the possibilities that open up once the phone is free of the carrier lock. The following are the reasons or benefits that may prompt you to unlock your MetroPCS device:
- You can use SIM cards of different carrier services other than the locked carrier service on the device.
- A lot of carrier service options become available to you where you can pick any phone plan and deal that serves your needs the best.
- You also become able to put the device at a sale and can get a lot of people interested in buying it because of its unlocked status that is the major hassle people want to avoid.
- Removing the carrier lock also can make you able to delete the region lock on some of the devices, which is an extra benefit.
You see that the benefits of having the MetroPCS phone unlocked are irresistible. Therefore, we would say that you must definitely try unlocking your device as long as you are not violating any terms of the contractual policy.
Connection ability of an unlocked MetroPCS device
The question may have arisen in your mind that what if my device doesn’t connect with the network I choose once it gets unlocked. Well, to understand what all networks can be connected with an unlocked MetroPCS device, you must know something basic about the types of network connections.
GSM and CDMA are the two network types that are technically different. These networks can only connect with their same counterparts and not interconnect. Mobile networks are mostly GSM, and the MetroPCS services run on that network only. So, once you unlock MetroPCS phone, they can only be connected with GSM networks.
Method of checking the lock status of a MetroPCS phone
The problem of carrier lock might be more persistent with some of the MetroPCS phones, but we never said that it is a permanent issue with every phone. It is very much possible that some of the MetroPCS locks end with the contract end, and the device gets unlocked automatically. Thus, it becomes very important to know the lock status of the device before going ahead with the unlocking process as it will all be a waste of effort.
Let’s see how you can check the lock/unlock status of any MetroPCS phone:
- Take out the MetroPCS network SIM card from the phone and power it off.
- Put another SIM card of a different carrier service and then turn the phone back again.
- Check if the new network connection gets activated successfully on the phone. If yes, then know that your phone has already been unlocked of the previous carrier service.
There is one more way you can check the lock status of your MetroPCS device by contacting them directly. Call the support team of the MetroPCS network and explain your inquiry about the lock status. With the assistance, get ahead with the suitable next step.
Free method of unlocking the iPhone/Samsung/ZTE/LG MetroPCS devices
Unlock codes are the first thing that comes to the mind first when the aim is to unlock MetroPCS phone. However, you must not trust any random third party software-generated unlock codes for they can turn out to be malware or simply aggravate the problem. What seems like a viable option is to get help from MetroPCS itself for unlocking the phone.
Before we move on to see how that can be done, you need to know the Unlock Policy of MetroPCS that lays out certain conditions to be met by the device for being eligible for their unlock procedure. Let’s take a look at the policy:
- The phone must have had a connection with the MetroPCS network for a minimum of 180 days continuously.
- The original owner of the phone must be MetroPCS itself.
- The 180-day limit doesn’t apply to the Military personnel who can carry out the unlock procedure even with a shorter period of usage of the network.
You will need to first check that all the above conditions are met by your device. If yes, then you can proceed with the unlock MetroPCS phone procedure that can be carried out in two ways with the help of the MetroPCS carrier service itself.
Method one: Use the MetroPCS device unlock application
MetroPCS has an automated application that performs the unlocking for certain devices, and you can opt for this method in the first place. However, this device is compatible with only certain devices and their models, especially Android devices. We are going to list some of the compatible devices here-
- Samsung– S9, S8, On5, J7 Prime 32GB, J7 Prime, J3 Prime Silver, J3 Prime, Grand Prime, Core Prime
- LG– Sytlo 3 Plus Titanium, Stylo 3 Plus, Stylo 2 Plus, Leon LTE, K20 Plus, K7, G Stylo White, G Stylo, Aristo 2, Aristo Cobalt Blue, Aristo
- ZTE– Obsidian, Blade ZMAX, Avid Plus, Avid PLUS, Avid 4
- Alcatel– Tru, Fierce XL, Fierce 4, A30 Fierce
- Coolpad– Defiant, Catalyst
- HTC– Desire 626s, Desire 530
- Motorola– e4
- Kyocera– Hydro Wave
If your device is any of the ones listed above, then this method would work for you.
Search for the folder named MetroPCS and open it. You will find the app in this folder and upon finding it, launch it. On the main interface of the device, hit the button Device Unlock. That’s all that you will need to do, and the rest will be take care of by the app team.
Method two: Use the Unlock code generated by MetroPCS
Another suitable way to unlock MetroPCS phone is to get an unlock code that is generated by the MetroPCS carrier service itself upon request for the same from its customer assistance team. This method will also be better for some users who have devices incompatible with the above discussed MetroPCS application like iPhones and certain Android models. This is a very straightforward and easy method.
You need to just call the customer assistance number of the MetroPCS team. Upon being connected to a represented, you will be asked to present some necessary details like:
- Your phone number
- Name of the account holder
- PIN number of the billing
Once these details are verified by them, they will accept your request for unlocking the carrier and provide the list of steps that you need to carry out next. In some of the cases, you might have to make a payment for getting the unlock code.
The alternative method to unlock MetroPCS phone bypassing every restriction
No matter the above method of unlocking devices via the MetroPCS service itself seems quite simple and straightforward, the restrictions put by the unlock policy of the service can prove to be deterring in many cases. This gives way to the need for a suitable alternative method that can work out for everyone without any limitations.
To meet the unlocking MetroPCS needs of everyone, we introduce the DirectUnlocks service here. That is just the right alternative that you must try. This service gives the most professional carrier unlocking experience as it has a lot of features to offer that make it much effective when compared to any other method for this purpose.
- DirectUnlocks has very simple functionality and promises the fastest results just within twenty-four hours.
- It can unlock the MetroPCS carrier service for all the Samsung and iPhone devices around the globe.
- It carried out the unlocking safely and legally without violating any warranty policy.
- Remove the carrier lock permanently even if the phone has undergone a factory reset previously.
- It can also unlock the devices that have not cleared their bills.
- The service offers a full refund guarantee in case of the service failing to unlock the requested device within time.
- The best part is that you can use this service to unlock MetroPCS phones that are even blacklisted.
Guide to using DirectUnlocks device unlock service
It only involves some simple steps that are as follows:
1. Visit the official page of the DirectUnlocks service.
2. On the main interface, select the model of your phone from the given options.
3. Get the IMEI number of your device and enter it in the dedicated box.
4. Hit the button Continue now, after which you will be redirected to a page for payment. Fill the required entries and purchase the unlocking plan.
5. Once the payment is processed successfully by the service, the order code would be sent to you. This code can be used to check the unlocking status.
Within a few hours, your phone will be unlocked off the carrier lock, and you will be able to connect to any new connectable network.
Various carrier services put the carrier lock to avoid payment frauds and also retain their customers for the service supply, and MetroPCS is no different. However, to unlock MetroPCS phones won’t be a problem anymore if you use the methods suggested by us. Follow the solution that works best for you and enjoy a fully unlocked phone.