The need to unlock disabled iPad has been a frequent problem with many Apple users. You may discover that the iPad has been disabled to connect to iTunes after repeated wrong password entries. The reason behind it is that when you enter the incorrect password many times, the iOS thinks that maybe the user is not you and locks the device for security purposes.
Once the iPad gets disabled, you cannot enter the password anymore, even if it suddenly comes back to your mind. Another case where users have reported about iPads getting disabled is after they installed updates.
How does the iPad get locked?
It’s not like the iPad gets disabled after you enter the wrong password for the first time itself. There is a certain set of attempts that lock the device for a set period. This time keeps increasing with an increase in the number of attempts.
The prompt message that you get after you enter the wrong password, thus, differ every time:
- After six attempts, the iPad gets disabled for one minute.
- After seven attempts, the iPad gets disabled for five minutes.
- After eight attempts, the iPad gets disabled for fifteen minutes.
- After nine attempts, the iPad gets disabled for sixty minutes.
- After ten attempts, the iPad gets disabled altogether. It would now ask you to connect the device to iTunes.
It doesn’t matter how many wrong attempts it took for your iPad to get disabled to connect to iTunes. The thing is that now you need a solution to unlock a disabled iPad. In the next section, we will provide you the best solutions/tools to do so.
Two effective tools that will help you unlock disabled iPad
You do not want to worsen the problem further with any vast and confusing method. If you are looking for easy-to-use and safe tools for unlocking your iPad, we will provide you with the best options. These are Tenorshare 4uKey and LockWiper.
1. Unlock disabled iPad with iMyFone LockWiper
iMyFone LockWiper can be considered the best tool available in the market for unlocking disabled apple phones or tablets. It’s also safe to use if you are wondering that it might cause any problem to your data. It will deliver you results in a few minutes.
The software will help you to break into the disabled apple device even without any password. The additional benefit is that you will also be able to remove the password altogether if you have forgotten it. After the entire process is over, you will set up another password without needing to enter the old one.
Also, learn more about it from the iMyFone LockWiper reviews.
Some amazing features of LockWiper that help to unlock disabled iPad:
- 1. The software can unlock disabled iPad even if they are in a bad physical condition. No matter if your iPad has a cracked screen or malfunctioning buttons. It works well in second-hand devices too.
- 2. It is capable of removing any type of screen lock of any iPhone device. It can be a four-digit password or a six-digit one, Face unlock, or a Touch ID.
- 3. It can also help you in deleting your old Apple ID or iCloud account. You can do this without entering any password and also set up a new one later.
- 4. It unlocks time restrictions fast. It also helps in removing time-bound Screen passcodes without causing any data loss.
- 5. iMyFone LockWiper works with all Apple devices, including iPad, iPhone, and iPod. It has won a lot of user’s trust due to its efficiency. It is recommended by many popular tech websites like download.hr, SOFTPEDIA, iOS HACKER, etc.
Steps to remove lock screen and unlock disabled iPad
1. Download and install the software iMyFone LockWiper on the computer. On opening it, you will see three boxes. Click on the “Unlock Screen Passcode” box. It will set the passcode removal process into motion.
2. Now click on the Start button. Connect the computer to your iPad through a USB cable.
3. The software will automatically detect all the information on your iPad. Now, click on the “Download” button to save the iPad’s firmware package.
4. After the firmware gets downloaded successfully, click on “Start to Extract.”
5. After the firmware is extracted, tap on “Start Unlock” to start the process of unlocking the iPad.
Looking for more tools and software to unlock your iPad, this particular hack might be another great option. Tenorshare 4uKey is another tool that will help you unlock your iOS. It will give you positive results for any device, no matter if it’s a new or an old version. An additional benefit is that it will also help you remove different screen locks that your iPad might have been using.
- This software can easily unlock any iPad or iPhone without needing to enter any password.
- 4uKey has worked successfully when it comes to unlocking disabled apple devices. Be it a four-digit password or a six-digit one, Face unlock, or a Touch ID, this software can unlock all of it.
- Tenorshare 4uKey is workable on a variety of iOS versions and devices. (However, it won’t work on the iOS 12 and above versions if the Find My iPhone feature is enabled on them.)
- You will have to create a backup of all the data on your iPad. The software will do its job, but you will lose your data in the process if you don’t maintain a backup.
- You must also have to update your iTunes beforehand to its latest version before you run the software. If you failed to do so, your iPad might not get recognized.
Also, if you are facing issues of iPad Activation Error or Your account has been disabled in the app store and iTunes, click to fix them easily now.
Some other solution that will help you unlock disabled iPad (restricted operation)
In this section, we will discuss some general solutions that people have often used to restore a disabled iOS device. These methods are free. However, they come with certain limitations.
- Using Recovery Mode for unlocking the disabled iPad – If you have your Apple ID and the password with you
- Using iCloud for resetting the disabled iPad – If the Find My iPhone feature is enabled
- Using iTunes to unlock the disabled iPad – If the device has been synced with iTunes previously and the Find My iPhone feature is disabled
These are the solutions you can try. However, if none of these work, you may try these best iOS unlock tools with no restrictions to unlock disabled iPad.
1. Using Recovery Mode
The first step will be to turn off the iPad if you are using this method. After that, press the Power and Home button together. This will send your iPad into Recovery mode. Now, you have to connect the iPad to the computer. Keep following the instructions as they come on the screen and until the factory reset is done.
2. Using iCloud
If you are using this solution, then you must first visit the official website of iCloud. Click on the Find iPhone option. Now select All Devices. Finally, tap on the Erase iPad option that will delete the password.
3. Using iTunes
This is a straightforward method. You will start by connecting the disabled iPad/iPhone to the computer. Once iTunes detects your device, click on the Restore iPad option. This will start the unlocking process immediately.
Both the tools prove to be helpful if you want to unlock a disabled iPad. However, if you compare the features, LockWiper will emerge to be the better option. It has better performance and efficiency. Let us give you a quick comparison to help you support our choice.
- When it comes to successfully unlocking devices, both Tenorshare 4uKey and LockWiper will gain thumbs up. They work on any kind of device, old or new, locked or broken, and any version.
- Both the software gives an equally amazing response when you need to reset your iPhone or iPad device without entering the password.
- If you want to recover your restrictions password, then iMyFone LockWiper will give you the help you need. Tenorshare 4uKey won’t help you with removing time-bound screen restrictions.
- iMyFone LockWiper is easier to use, with the process having only 3-4 steps. On the other hand, Tenorshare 4uKey has a longer and bit complicated process with around 5-6 steps.
- The performance speed of iMyFone LockWiper is fast when compared to that of Tenorshare 4uKey.
- The success rate of iMyFone LockWiper is 98%. No doubt, it’s highly recommendable and trusted by more users. Tenorshare 4uKey can be considered the next in the race with a performance average of 85%.
- The time taken by iMyFone LockWiper is less against Tenorshare 4uKey. The former takes around 3-5 minutes to unlock disabled iPad while the latter takes approximately 10 minutes.
In the above article, we gave you all the information about the best tools to unlock a disabled iPad. The free solutions have their restrictions. iMyFone LockWiper emerged to be the more efficient tool, along with 4uKey being a good option. You can try LockWiper for free, and that’s the best part of it. Just choose the right tool and get started!