If you have also faced the issue of ‘unfortunately TouchWiz home has stopped,’ then we are here to help you.
What is TouchWiz Home and What is It Used For?
There was a time when android users used to hate TouchWiz, but now the scenario is that TouchWiz is the main reason for the users’ love for the Samsung phones. So what is this TouchWiz? And what is the TouchWiz Home?
Some people live with a myth that TouchWiz is an operating system. But actually, it is just a user interface (UI) designed and developed by Samsung. And, this is available only in Samsung’s own feature phones, smartphones, and tablets. Samsung makes use of TouchWiz on top of the android operating system in its smartphones and other devices in order to personalize the user interface that their customers get. On the other hand, TouchWiz Home is just a launcher of this user interface, which comes with it in Samsung android phones. If you somehow manage to disable this TouchWiz launcher, it means you have removed the effect of this user interface resulting in the original android interface or a stock version of Android (typically known as ‘vanilla Android’).
So there is not a big difference between the two terms TouchWiz and TouchWiz Home, and you can use one to substitute the other. Samsung launched the first version of TouchWiz in 2009 with name as TouchWiz 1.0. And, its latest version is TouchWiz 6.0.
As this personalized user interface that comes with Samsung smartphones makes significant changes in the visuals that you get in a more stock version of Android, you might not like it. Due to this, Samsung has been criticized over a few past years.
Gradual Improvement In Interface Over Years
Early versions of TouchWiz Home faced a lot of performance issues resulting in more criticism. But later, Samsung managed to resolve them. This revolution took place in 2014 with the release of the ‘Galaxy Note 4’.
In 2015, with the release of ‘Galaxy S6’, Samsung got rid of some features of TouchWiz without losing the popular functionalities that Samsung phones had.
In 2016, the company managed to sort out almost all of the major issues with the TouchWiz Home in its ‘Galaxy S7’ and ‘Galaxy Note 7’.
And, in late 2016, the company came up with the introduction of a new Samsung Experience UI. The new user interface was cleaner and was first launched in the Android Nougat Beta for its ‘Galaxy S7’.
In 2018, the company still continued the improvement process for its user interface. As a result, it launched the ‘One UI’ which is far better than the previous user interfaces, and we expect it to be better later this year.
How to fix ‘unfortunately TouchWiz home has stopped’ error
You must be aware of the new User Interface (UI), TouchWiz. This particular launcher has been reported to face multiple issues. Every year, Samsung comes with new developments. Recently, a new UI, which is known as TouchWiz, was developed and designed by Samsung Electronics, along with its partners.
But, this particular development is not appreciated by many people. A lot of users have complained about the new launcher being unresponsive at times. It tends to stop suddenly and the phone freezes. In the past, users have already been agitated with the pre-installed apps in Samsung devices. These apps make the device slow and buggy. They also eat up a lot of internal storage of the phone and result in the slow functioning of the phone.
So, if you are looking for a quick fix to unfortunately TouchWiz home has stopped, then keep reading this article till the end. We have found nine ways to help you deal with it. These solutions are not complicated, and anyone can solve the unfortunately TouchWiz home has stopped issue by simply following these steps. The steps mentioned in the article are straightforward. You don’t require a technology expert to help you solve this issue. So, without further ado, let’s begin.
This article has two parts. The first part will explain the cases where TouchWiz becomes unresponsive while the second part will take you through all the nine solutions to solve this problem.
Part 1: Recurrent cases when TouchWiz becomes unresponsive
In this part, you will understand why you face unfortunately TouchWiz home has stopped issue. We have listed the main reasons that cause this problem, so keep on reading.
- Usually, TouchWiz doesn’t work properly as soon as you update the Android version on your device.
- There are a few applications that are already installed on your device at the time of purchase. When you disable these apps, the TouchWiz home launcher doesn’t work properly, and your device stops to function.
- Installing some third-party applications in your device may lead to this problem.
Part 2: 10 easy ways to fix ‘unfortunately TouchWiz home has stopped.’
1. Repair the Android System to fix TouchWiz
While using your device, if the TouchWiz suddenly stops functioning, the quickest way to tackle this situation is to fix (repair) your device’s Android system. One of the best tools to repair your Android system is ‘Tenorshare Reiboot for Android’ which is only for Android phones. This tool takes hardly any time to repair ‘Unfortunately TouchWiz home has stopped’ issue. Moreover, it is very easy to use and doesn’t require much technical knowledge.
- Fixes the issue in just a click
- Provides 24*7 support and offers a seven-day money-back challenge
- High success rate and is considered as the best tool due to its functions
- Can fix multiple Android issues, which include app crashing, death screen, etc.
- Fully secure
Steps to fix ‘unfortunately TouchWiz home has stopped’ issue by ReiBoot for Android
Step 1. Download and launch ReiBoot for Android and then connect your device to your computer. Click the ‘Repair Android System’ to start.
Step 2. Then please tip the ‘Repair Now’ button to continue and select your Android phone information correctly. After that, click the ‘Next’ button.
Step 3. The software will download the suitable firmware package for your Android phone. After the job is done, just click on the ‘Repair Now’ button and then the ‘Continue’ button, as below shown.
Step 4. Please follow the on-screen instructions & perform the action per requested accordingly. Now, the repair process will start & take some minutes to finish. Once completed, you will receive this ‘The repair process is completed’ message.
2.The Safest & Easiest Way to Fix ‘Unfortunately TouchWiz Home Has Stopped’
If you would like to figure out a way to fix ‘Unfortunately TouchWiz Home Has Stopped’ quickly and safely, you should try iMyFone Fixppo for Android, which is a professional tool to diagnose the issues on your Android devices and repair them with simple clicks only.
Key features of iMyFone Fixppo for Android:
- It not only can fix ‘Unfortunately TouchWiz Home Has Stopped’ easily but also can fix other Android related problems effortlessly.
- With easy to follow user interface, it can be used by the beginner as well, without any technical requirement.
- Be recommended by many famous and professional sites due to its fast speed and 100% success rate to repair Android system issues.
- Well support for all Android and Samsung devices.
Simple steps to fix ‘Unfortunately TouchWiz Home Has Stopped’
Step 1. Free download and launch Fixppo on your computer, and then click the ‘Start’ button in the main window.
Step 2. Input the requested detailed information for your device and make sure they are correct before clicking the ‘Download Firmware’ button to continue. And then, Fixppo will download and extract the required firmware.
Step 3. Connect your device to your computer and click the button of ‘Start.’ Follow up below the user guide to put your phone in Download mode.
Step 4. Once the phone is in Download mode, the tool will start to fix ‘Unfortunately TouchWiz Home Has Stopped’ issue now. Keep your phone connected to the PC until the whole process is completed.
iMyFone Fixppo for Android is one of the best tools to fix your Android system problems. Just have a try.
3. Keep your device up-to-date to fix ‘unfortunately TouchWiz home has stopped’
Most of the Android devices clear the cache data as soon as they get updated. Samsung is an exception among all the devices; this is the reason why you get a notification stating ‘unfortunately TouchWiz home has stopped’ after you update your device. The solution for this is to remove the cache, and your device will work smoothly. Below are seven steps that you can use to clear the cache data:
- Click on ‘Apps’ from the home screen.
- Go to Settings.
- Search for Applications and click on the Application Manager.
- Swipe right to go to the ‘All’ screen.
- Choose TouchWiz and click on ‘Clear Cache.’
- Select ‘Clear data’ and then click on ‘Ok.’
- After all these steps restart your Samsung device.
*This process will delete all your Home screens.
4. Turn off ‘Motions and gesture’ settings to fix ‘unfortunately TouchWiz home has stopped’
Samsung devices, which run on any Android version previous than Marshmallow, are bound to encounter the unfortunately TouchWiz home has stopped the issue. This problem can be resolved by turning off functions related to motions and gesture settings.
- Go to ‘Settings’
- Select ‘Motions and gesture.’
- A screen will appear, disable the ‘Motions and gesture’ functions.
5. Modify the ‘Animation Scale’ to fix ‘unfortunately TouchWiz home has stopped’
Sometimes, TouchWiz may consume more memory for a huge amount of graphics maintenance. This can result in an error, ‘unfortunately TouchWiz home has stopped.’ Whenever this kind of notification comes, try to modify the animation scale and remove all errors.
- Select ‘Settings’ and then choose ‘Developer Options.’
- This function can be found inside ‘About Device
- Click on the ‘Build Number’ six to seven times.
- A message will be displayed after that stating, ‘You are a developer.’
- Go back to Settings and click on Developer Options.
- Begin modifying the ‘Window Animation’ Scale, ‘Transition Animation’ Scale, and ‘Animator duration’ scale values.
- After all these steps, you need to restart the device.
6. Wipe ‘Cache Partition’
If you’re still here, it means you are looking for another solution to the unfortunately TouchWiz home has stopped the issue. Wipe Cache Partition is one of the most efficient solutions. It can resolve minor problems in Android devices. Follow the steps to know how you can implement it.
- Switch off your device.
- Press and hold ‘Volume up’ and ‘Power’ buttons together.
- Continue doing this until an Android screen appears. This function will take your device into healing mode.
- There will be multiple choices on the screen. With the help of Volume buttons, scroll up and down until you see an option of ‘Wipe Cache Partition.’ Hold the power button to verify, and your device will start to reboot.
Restart your device to check whether the error is removed. If no, then try other solutions.
7. Turn on Easy mode to fix ‘unfortunately TouchWiz home has stopped’
Some users find this mode very useful. This mode removes complex features and makes the user experience very smooth and efficient. Easy mode is highly recommended to solve the unfortunately TouchWiz home has stopped the issue.
- Go to ‘Settings’ and choose ‘Personalization.’
- Click on ‘Easy Mode’
If this solution doesn’t work for your device, then hop on to the next one.
8. Boot your device to ‘Safe mode.’
Here is another solution for unfortunately TouchWiz home has stopped the problem. The solution is to boot your device to Safe mode. As mentioned earlier, sometimes third-party applications cause TouchWiz to stop functioning. An easy fix to this issue is to boot your device to Safe mode. It will disable all third-party apps temporarily, and your problem will be solved.
- Turn off your device to begin
- Press and hold the Power button until the logo of the device appears
- As soon as the logo starts appearing, release the Power button and hold the Volume down button
- Hold it until rebooting ends
- ‘Safe mode’ can be seen at the bottom of the screen, now release the button
9. Reset “Factory Settings”
If the above solution also doesn’t work on your device, then try this one. This particular solution will take your device to a factory state. It will result in the smooth functioning of TouchWiz. We would also recommend you to get a backup of the data on your device. Create a backup before you reset Factory settings. This will prevent you from the loss of any personal information from your device. Follow these steps to fix the TouchWiz issue.
- Go to ‘Settings’ and choose ‘Backup and Reset.’
- Enable ‘Backup my data’ and create a backup
- Search for ‘Factory Data reset’ option and click on ‘Reset Phone.’
- Your device will start to reboot after a few minutes
10. Install another launcher to remove TouchWiz
All the solutions mentioned above are effective in any Samsung device. In case, you still face the unfortunately TouchWiz home has stopped the issue; we recommend you to replace TouchWiz with another launcher on your device. There are multiple options to download the home launcher from the play store. Find one that is compatible with your device and use it. We hope that you find these solutions helpful.
So, these are the nine quick fixes to the unfortunately TouchWiz home has stopped the issue. These solutions are easy to understand and follow. You can follow any of these solutions in order to solve this issue. We hope that you find this article informative and useful.