After buying a new Windows phone, you may want to transfer all the important data from your old iPhone to your new Windows phone. So in this article, you will surely find the very method that you like.
It may seams trouble at first sight, but it is useful when there are just a few different kinds of important data on your old iPhone.
Portion 1. Transfer contacts to Windows phone
For the Gmail or other emails, you can simply log in the account on your new Windows phone to get access to the contacts without hassle. But for the contacts on the iPhone itself, you can do like this:
- 1. Download the iTunes on your computer and launch it.
- 2. Connect your iPhone to your computer.
- 3. Go to the “iPhone” > “Info” > “Outlook”, and then check the item of “Sync Contacts”.
- 4. Then, you can choose the contacts that you want, and click on the “Apply” button to start the syncing process.
- 5. After that, all the selected contacts will appear on your Outlook account, which is easy to get if you log in it on your Windows phone.
Portion 2. Transfer messages to Windows phone
It is a pity that there is no way to transfer the messages directly from your iPhone to your Windows phone. But you can use some third party tools to help you. Or you can transfer the messages in the formats of PDF or CSV to your computer first, and then transfer to your new phone. However, you can not get those files as messages on your new phone.
Portion 3. Transfer calendar to Windows phone
The calendar carries so much important information about birthday or some other big event that it is of signification to transfer it to the new Windows computer.
- 1. Download and install the iTunes on your computer.
- 2. Launch the iTunes. And connect your iPhone to your computer with a USB cable.
- 3. Choose the “iPhone” option, and tap on the “Info” option and then check the “Sync Calendar with” option and click on the “Outlook” button.
- 4. Then choose the calendar that you want to transfer to your Windows phone, and tap on the “Apply” button to start the process.
- 5. Soon, you will find the calendar selected transferred to your Outlook account.
- 6. Log in the Outlook with your Windows phone, and download the calendar.
Portion 4. Transfer media files including photos, audios and videos to Windows phone
The common way to transfer the photos between two phones is to use a computer as a transit point. You can transfer the photos from your iPhone to your computer first and then again from your computer to your Windows phone. By doing this, it is a bonus that those photos can be stored on your computer permanently unless you delete them. And you can transfer the audios and the videos in this way.
Pro of Method 1:
1. You can choose the specific items that you want.
Cons of Method 1:
1. It is time-consuming.
2. It is workable for just a few kinds of data.
dr.fone – Switch is now2days popular in the world. You will find many people on the Internet using this nice tool. As its name implies, the dr.fone – Switch specializes in transferring the data between different phones or tablets. The phones and tablets supported by this tool include the iOS devices, Android devices, Symbian devices, and Windows devices.
The main features of dr.fone – Switch are listed below:
- 1. It supports many devices including the iOS devices, Android devices, Symbian devices, and Windows devices.
- 2. It is compatible with both the Windows computer and the Mac computer.
- 3. The interface of it is intuitive and the operation on it is simple.
- 4. It enables its users to transfer all kinds of data with a few clicks, including the messages, contacts, calendar, photos, audios, videos.
- 5. It enables its users to create a backup for all kinds of data on their devices.
- 6. It enables its users to erase their phone for security purpose.
The referenced tutorial is offered in the following passages:
Step 1. Download and install the dr.fone
Before transferring the data, you need to download the dr.fone on your computer. Remember, there are two versions of this tool. You need to choose the suitable version for your computer. And then install it on your computer.
Step 2. Connect your phones to your computer
With two suitable USB cables, connect your phones to your computer. Make sure their positions are right. Or you can exchange them by the button of “Flip” in the middle.
Step 3. Choose the file types for transferring
On the little box, you can choose the files that you want to transfer with the help of this tool. There are messages, contacts, calendar, photos, music, videos and so on.
Step 4. Start the transferring process
After choosing the files, you need to click on the “Start Transfer” button to start the process. And in a few minutes, you will get all the desired files on your new Windows phone.
Pros of Method 2:
1. It is easy to use.
2. There are many other functions of this tool.
Cons of Method 2:
1. It is not a free application.
The SHAREit is a free app for both the Windows phone and the iPhone. It can help you transfer the contacts, photos, videos, and music between two phones. The different thing is this app is for the phones only, so you need to connect your phones with the WIFI.
Step 1. Download the SHAREit on both of your phones (for iPhone & for Windows Phone).
Step 2. Launch the SHAREit on both phones. Connect your phones to the same stead network.
Step 3. Click on the “Send” button on your iPhone and the “Receive” button on your Windows phone.
Step 4. Choose one kind of files on your iPhone, and then click on the “Transfer” button. And then repeat the operation until you transfer all kinds of the files.
Pro of Method 3:
1.It is free.
Cons of Method 3:
1.You can not transfer the messages and calendar with this tool.
2.You need to repeat the operations for many times if you want to transfer several kinds of different files.