Even though it was just released, a lot of Apple fans already bought their iPad air. But they also feel tied about transfer data from their old Apple devices, like iPad, to their new iPad Air or iPad Mini.
To solve this problem of those Apple fans, the next part will introduce three methods for transferring data from your old iPad to a newly bought iPad Air, iPad Pro, or iPad Mini.
Method 1: Export data from iPad to iPad Air, Pro, Mini by using iCloud
- Step 1. You should open your old iPad as well as its Wi-Fi networks.
- Step 2. Find “Setting and navigate” in your iCloud, then click “Storage & Backup”. After that you should turn on “iCloud Backup” and click “OK”, and you should click “Back up”
- Step 3. Check the last Backup time & see if you had backup successful
- Step 4. Turn on your iPad and its Wi-Fi networks
- Step 5. When you are ready to set up your iPad, import your Apple ID and password after finding where “Restore” is from iCloud Backup
- Step 6. Find which one is your most recent backup and then click “Restore”. Please wait a few minutes before the whole process is completed
Pros:Most of the data can be restored and backup through iCloud. Like paid music, movies, apps, photos, and those videos stored in the Camera Roll and devices setting, SMS, visual or voice mail, home screen, and so on.
Cons:The whole process will need a very stable Wi-Fi network to support it. And it is time-consuming, as for those unpaid media from iTunes, iCloud can not backup or restored them.
Method 2: Transfer iPad data to iPad Air, iPad Pro, or iPad Mini by using iTunes
- Step 1. Install iTunes’s latest version
- Step 2. Your old iPad should be connected to your computer
- Step 3. Find your iPad in your iTunes, it should be under “Devices”, then you can tab “Back Up”
- Step 4. You can break the connection between your old iPad and computer while keeping iTunes working. (Only break the connection after the backup process is finished)
- Step 5. Now, connect your iPad air with your computer. Again, find it under “Devices” right-click it, and then choose “Restore Backup”
- Step 6. Click “Restore” after you find your most recent backup data
Pros: iTunes is free software that can be used for data backup and restoring on iPad. It supports to transfer data like purchased music, podcasts, books, apps, photos and videos, SMS, wallpapers, and more.
Cons: Besides its disadvantage of time-consuming. Some media files are unable to be backup and restore. The most important is that if you are using iTunes to transfer your data, you have to face data losing and moving fail.
Method 3: Directly Copy iPad data to iPad Pro|Air|Mini by using dr.fone – Phone Transfer
The previous two methods can not solve coping with non-purchased music or videos to new devices. But the third method can help you deal with it. Let’s meet the dr.fone – Phone Transfer.
It is a well-designed software for helping data transfer between different devices with different platforms like iOS, Android, and Windows Phone. You can use it to copy contacts, photos, music (paid or unpaid), and videos from your iPad to iPad air.
Let’s find out how to use dr.fone for data transferring between the old iPad and the new iPad Air.
Step 1. Connect your iPad and iPad Air/Mini/Pro with your computer
You can use USB cables to connect both of your devices with your computer. Soon you will see both of them displayed on a primary window after dr.fone detecting them.
Step 2. Transfer data from your iPad to iPad Air, iPad Pro, iPad Mini
dr.fone lists all the data you can copy in the middle of its operation interface. You can check them one by one, then pick up those you plan to copy.
Then you need to click the “Start Transfer” tab to start and the “OK” tab when it is finished. Please check the connection between your devices and computer is not broken during the transferring process.
- 1. No matter whether the items are paid or unpaid; dr.fone-Phone Transfer can manage to transfer them in one process.
- 2. You can choose to clear all existing data saved in your iPad air before the data from your old iPad is transferred. You can also keep the current data on iPad Air as well.
- 3. No Wi-Fi network is needed.
- 4. Process very fast and guarantee no data loss.
It cannot be used for restoring the setting, app and its data, SMS, and visual or voice mails.
These are the three recommended methods for transferring data from an old iPad to iPad Air, iPad Pro. You can choose the most convenient one and try it.
Tips: You can use dr.fone – iOS Transfer to manage data on your iPad Air, iPad Pro, and iPad Mini.