A lot of users get puzzled with their iPhones getting stuck with the notification “this iPhone was lost and erased‘ appearing on their screen, and they have no clue how to deal with this. There is no doubt that it is confusing, and we have received so many queries regarding this.
Newly bought Apple devices may show the notification because of the iCloud account getting hacked, erased, and finally flagged as lost. Secondhand Apple devices are another case that can show the notification if they were stolen and then erased and flagged by the owner via their account.
To deal with every case, as we have mentioned just now, we are going to help you out with the best solutions in this article, and let’s get down to the business straight.
The best tool to bypass the lock on a lost and erased iPhone – iMyFone iBypasser
You may be able to find your lost iPhone with the help of the Find My iPhone feature if it has been left turned on in the device. However, to get proper access to the iPhone, you will still need to enter the ID and password, and you will be asked for so with the notification saying “Activate iPhone, this iPhone was lost and erased.” This situation involves the lost iPhone getting stuck with the iCloud activation screen lock that is very difficult to break, and this can leave you utterly helpless.
However, such situations are not a worry anymore as we have got the fix for you. Get introduced to the amazing iMyFone iBypasser tool for iCloud activation lock that can help you to deal with an erased iPhone for which you don’t have even have the ID and password for unlocking.
Once you bypass the lock on the device, you can operate it completely normally and make another Apple ID for securing the device. The software has got powerful features that are very easy to operate and give the fastest results when removing the activation lock.
Major features of the iMyFone iBypasser software
- The software has a high success rate at fixing lost and erased iPhones, including This iPhone is linked to an Apple ID issue.
- It doesn’t require the entering of the iCloud ID for bypassing the activation locks.
- The software has a user-friendly interface and can be operated super easily by even beginners.
- All the controls over the device by the previous Apple ID regarding tracking and erasing are removed altogether.
- The device can be secured with a new or any other Apple ID as you choose.
- The software is compatible with all the iOS devices like iPhone, iPod, and iPad and iOS versions from 12.3-14.
Method of operating the iMyFone iBypasser software
Here is a guide on operating this software for fixing this iPhone was lost and erased situation, and you just need to follow the simple steps given in it:
Step 1: Begin with downloading and then installing the software on a PC, followed by launching it. Hit the button Start on the main interface of the app. Now, connect the locked iPhone with that PC with the help of any lighting cable or USB cable.
Step 2: The above step will trigger the downloading of the package to jailbreak the device on the PC.
Step 3: A set of instructions will now appear on the screen, and you just need to keep following them for jailbreaking the locked iPhone. Finally, hit the button Next after the process is shown completed.
Step 4: Now, click on the option Start Bypass, and that will prompt the software, to begin with, the bypassing iCloud activation lock screen process. Once this process is over, you will be at the freedom of creating a new Apple ID too and get rid of the “this iPhone was lost and erased” situation forever.
PS: let’s learn more about how to track a lost phone with ease.
We have got you another highly professional tool that is also great at fixing the lost and erased iPhones that get stuck with the iCloud activation locks in the absence of Apple ID and passwords that are a must to unlock them (or iPhone stuck on spinning wheel). In other situations where you may find yourself to have forgotten the password of your device or stuck with the previous Apple ID on a second-hand device, the software is going to prove very helpful.
Note: The process of removing the iCloud activation lock via this software requires the locked device to be jailbroken, and that can jeopardize the security of your device.
Let us now give you the steps that you need to follow for operating this software:
Step 1: Begin with downloading and then installing the software on a PC, followed by launching it. You will be at the main interface now.
Step 2: Hit the button Start on the screen for triggering the process of jailbreaking the locked iPhone.
Step 3: Once the phone is jailbroken, the software will go ahead with the iCloud activation lock removal process, and after its completion, full access to the locked phone will be restored, and you will be able to operate it just like before.
A tool to prevent activated iPhones from getting erased upon being lost – iMyFone LockWiper
It is always suggested to be on the safer side than sorry, and this applies to the situation of “this iPhone was lost and erased” alike. With this, we mean to say that it is better to safeguard your iPhones beforehand only against such situation, especially if the device is bought second hand or from any online site like eBay, etc. This can be done by completely removing the previously used Apple IDs and iCloud accounts if there exist any on the said device, and you can do this with a great tool like the iMyFone LockWiper.
This is an amazing tool that can fully remove the Apple accounts from any iOS device and the best advantage that it provides is that you can make another Apple account on the phone beforehand so that it doesn’t get locked due to any reason. This tool is also available to download and used for free on both Windows and Mac OS.
Primary features of the iMyFone LockWiper tool
Let us give you some details of this tool that make it very advantageous:
- It can remove all kinds of screen lock accounts from any iOS device, and easily fix the Your Passcode Is Required to Enable Face ID issue.
- The software works best for removing the iCloud locks as well locks of the iPhones and iPad (how to remove Android screen lock).
- You can unlock all kinds of locks, including face ID, Touch ID, and four or six-digit passwords.
- With this software, you can repair and even prevent various kinds of iPhone stuck with locks issues.
Method to operate the iMyFone LockWiper tool
Here is a guide that you need to follow step by step for operating this tool and preventing your device from facing the “this iPhone was lost and erased” situation:
Step 1: Begin with downloading and installing this software on any compatible PC and then launch the tool. At this point, you will also be needed to connect the target iOS device with the PC via the authentic USB cable of the device itself.
Step 2: On the main interface of the software, select the mode of Unlock Apple ID.
Step 3: Now, hit the button of Start to unlock, and this will trigger the process of removal of the iCloud account. The best part is that you won’t have to enter any passwords at any stage of the process.
Step 4: You are all set! The tool will complete the process of removing any previous iCloud account along with passwords existing on the device, and even the second-hand device will become new.
Other ways you can fix the lost and erased iPhones
The reasons that we discussed above that can lead to iPhones getting on iCloud locks also come with a solution attached to them, and we are now going to talk about them.
Case 1: Fixing a new iPhone purchased from the Apple store
Many users get a new iPhone from an Apple store or any authorized seller of Apple devices and then set it up themselves but still get stuck with the “this iPhone was lost and erased” situation. If you are one of them, too, then here is the method for you to recover your device.
You will have to begin with recovering the hacked details and password of your Apple ID and then move on to disable and remove the last active iCloud account that you created. This can be done with the iCloud lost mode of the iPhone.
Follow these steps for recovering the email and password of iCloud:
- Visit applied.apple.com.
- Select the option Forgot ID or Password.
- Enter the details of the Apple Id. Hit the button Next.
- Now, you will get two options for recovering the Apple Id- by answering a security question or by email.
- Upon choosing Email Authentication, you will receive a mail from Apple containing the instructions on “how to reset your Apple ID password.” You just have to follow all the instructions of that manual, and you will be done.
- Upon choosing to answer the security question, you will have to enter whatever question is asked related to the details you filled and things like birthday, etc.
- Lastly, you will be asked to create a new password, followed by hitting the button Reset Password once you are done.
Follow these steps for turning off the iCloud account Lost mode:
- Visit www.icloud.com/find.
- Log in to your iCloud account by entering the ID details.
- Select the option of All Devices and then choose the option of the device with the Lost Mode active on it.
- Click on the option Lost Mode and then select the option Stop Lost Mode.
Useful tips on safeguarding the iCloud accounts from online threats
- Never use one password to protect all the accounts. It’s better to set different passwords for different accounts so that it doesn’t become obvious.
- You can activate the Two-Factor Authentication feature of your Apple device for tightly securing the iCloud account.
- Keep changing the password of your Apple accounts at regular intervals to keep them safer.
- Never save the details of your Apple account in your email in any form, as any risk to the email can cause major damage.
Case 2: Fixing a second hand iPhone
Second-hand iPhones stuck in the “this iPhone was lost and erased” situation can be fixed with some simple methods. You can ask the previous owner of the locked iPhone for help and then make them follow the above method of removing iCloud with the Lost mode. However, contacting the previous owner itself can be a problem, and we are going to give you the solutions for that.
Get help from Siri by following these steps:
- Press and hold the Home button for activating Siri.
- Say anything like asking to call mom, dad, or home, etc.
- If the call connects, talk with the person on call and seek help for your issue.
Get help from Medical ID with these steps:
- On the lock screen, press the button of Emergency and then click on the button of Medical ID.
- Go through the numbers of Emergency contacts and make a call to any of them.
The “this iPhone was lost and erased” notification can frequently bug the unsecured Apple devices and pose a high risk of malicious erasing of data. All the tools that we suggested in this article are going to help you remain safe from any such danger, and you must check them out to see what gives the best help to you. If you have any further queries, drop them in the box below.