Roku TV black screen is not a rare issue at all. That means many users have already experienced TCL Roku TV black screen error and looking for solutions. If you are one of them, don’t worry; just keep reading and learn how to fix it.
The Nature of the TCL Roku TV Black Screen
TCL TV black screen is a pretty annoying error. In some cases, users can notice a black screen, but they hear some sound. Also, some users say that they experience Roku TV black screen after a couple of minutes. In addition to that, some users report that they experienced the error after a flickering screen. Regardless of the nature, however, it is always an annoyance to notice such an error to disturb your entertainment. So, let’s go ahead and check out the fixes that are mentioned below.
Reasons for TCL TV black Screen
In fact, TCL TV black screen can appear due to several reasons. Having a piece of knowledge on those reasons can be handy when it comes to finding a solution. That said, let’s take a look at those reasons for the Roku TV black screen error.
- You have not plugged in the Roku stick properly.
- There is a minor, temporary error on the TCL Roku TV.
- There is something wrong with the internet connection.
- Your TCL Roku TV has an issue with its backlight.
So, those are the most common reasons that can trigger Roku TV black screen. If you notice the TCL Roku TV black screen, it could be due to one of the reasons above. So, let’s go ahead and read the solutions.
Methods to Fix Roku TV Black Screen Error
Now that you know the reasons for the above error. Let’s jump into the solutions section. The good news is that all those errors are so easy to perform.
Also, for people who are facing the Samsung TV green screen issue, click to fix it easily now.
01. Power Cycle your Roku
In some cases, you might experience a TCL TV black screen due to a minor software glitch. If that’s the case with you, that can be fixed simply with a power cycle. Mentioned below is how to do it and get rid of this error in a couple of minutes.
- First, check whether the TV is turned on. In order to do that, you can use the volume button. Just press it so you will hear the TV’s sound.
- Now, you are supposed to pull your TV plug out from the power socket. That will disconnect it from power.
- You should keep the TV unplugged for about 30 to 60 seconds to proceed.
- And now put the plug directly into the power socket and switch the TV on.
- You can see the dancing Roku logo on the screen.
- After that, you are supposed to stream content on your Roku TV unit. If the fix has worked, you will not see the TCL Roku TV black screen anymore. At this point, you should ensure that all the wires attached to your TV are fixed the correct way. If there’s a bad connection, that will end up causing TCL Roku TV black screen. However, if the issue is persisting, you will have to try the next solution.
02. Restart the TV with its remote
Do you still get TCL Roku TV black screen after a power cycle on it? In that case, you may have to perform a restart on it. In fact, the restart has helped plenty of users to overcome this issue without much effort. So, to fix the TCL TV black screen with a restart, the below-mentioned is what to follow. Please note that this method requires the assistance of the remote controller.
- Hit the “Home” button five consecutive times.
- Then, press the “Up” button for once.
- Then, hit the “Rewind” button two consecutive times.
- After that, hit the “Fast Forward” button twice consecutively.
That will begin the reset process, and all you need is to wait for a while. You should note that it may take about 30 to 60 seconds for the reset process to be completed. Once the process is completed, you can stream content on the TV and see if it works. For many users, this method may work. However, if you still see Roku TV’s black screen, go to the next solution.
Important: Please note that you should readjust the brightness settings of the TCL Roku if it is too high. That will also help you in fixing the potential errors pertaining to your Roku TV.
03. Power Cycle your TCL Roku TV using an alternative method
We have another option to power cycle the TCL Roku TV. Mentioned below is how to perform a power recycle using a different method compared to the first. These steps are pretty easy, so even a novice can perform them.
- First, you should disconnect your TCL Roku TV from the wall power outlet.
- After that, you should find the physical reset button located on the TV.
- Then, you are supposed to press that button and hold it for about 30 seconds at the least.
- Then, plug the TV back to the wall power outlet and allow it to start.
- Hopefully, this solution might fix the potential glitches.
Please note that you can reset the "Audio/Video" settings. And, that can fix the TCL Roku TV black screen error. To do that, follow the steps below.
- Go to the “Home” button and choose “Settings.”
- Then, go to “Advanced Settings” and choose “Factory Reset.” Then, you should choose “Reset TV Audio/Picture Settings.”
- After that, press the “Play/Pause” button three consecutive times.
- That will get the audio/picture settings to reset.
04. Reconfigure “Fast Start”
There are many users who were able to fix the Roku TV black screen using this simple solution. As per this option, you can enable or disable the option called “Fast Start” and see if it works. If you are not clear about how to perform it, mentioned below are the steps.
- First, you should find the home button on the Roku remote.
- After that, go to the option called “Settings.”
- Choose the option called “System.”
- Then, choose the option labeled “Power.”
- Well, if you see the “Fast Start” option disabled, you are supposed to enable it. If it is already enabled, just disable it.
- Now that you have made the changes, you can see if the TCL TV black screen is gone.
05. Perform a factory reset
Do you see the TV is working perfectly for about 5 minutes and then experience TCL TV black screen? If so, you may reset the TCL Roku TV to its factory settings and see if it works. However, you should note that this method will erase all the existing settings from the Roku TV.
- First, you should locate the Home Button. It is located on your Roku remote controller.
- Then, you should go to the option called “Settings.”
- After that, you should select the option labeled settings to proceed.
- Then, you should select the option labeled “factory reset” and choose “factory reset” once again.
- You can enter your PIN to confirm it.
- Wait for a while to confirm the process.
- Now, you should configure the TV once again and see if it works.
Now, you should see if the Roku TV black screen is gone.
06. Fix TCL Roku TV black screen using the Roku streaming stick
If you are yet to succeed with the above solutions, you can try the below-mentioned option as well. This specific method should be performed on the Roku remote and get the TV restarted. Mentioned below are the steps you should perform to get it done.
- First, you should hit the home button twice to start the process.
- Then, press the “Up” key and then hit the “Right” key.
- Once again, hit “Up” and then hit “Right.”
- Hit the “Down” key three consecutive times.
- Then, hit the “Right” key and then the “Up” key once.
- Press “Right” again and press “OK.”
If you have done the above correctly, you are likely to see the “Roku” logo. Then, you will not experience Roku TV black screen errors.
07. Reinstall the streaming stick
You can experience a TCL Roku TV black screen error when the streaming stick is not installed properly. If you experience this issue due to improper installation of the stick, the solution is simple. All you need is to unplug the stick and re-plug it. Just make sure that you push it slightly further to avoid potentially loosened connections. Then, you may turn your TV on and see if the “TCL Roku TV black screen” error is gone. In addition to that, you can try an HDMI as well.
08. Update the system
If nothing has served properly so far, you may go for a system update as well. If you are unaware of how to perform a system update, you can follow the steps mentioned below.
- Reach the Roku remote out and press the button labeled “Home” to proceed.
- Now, you should press the down or up keys and scroll to the settings you have selected.
- You can locate the option called “the system” and then go to the option called “System Update.”
- You will be able to locate the “Roku” system software as well as the build version. That will be displayed along with the date. In this case, you should select the option called “Check Now.” If you see any newer updates, those will be installed automatically.
09. Look for help
Do you still experience TCL Roku TV black screen after trying all those solutions? If so, the best you can do is to ask for help. In this case, you should choose TCL Roku and get their help. They will get into your request quickly and provide you with the best possible solution.
We hope at least one of the above options will solve the TCL TV black screen error. If you have any doubts pertaining to this matter, please let us know, and we will attend to it.