If you keep getting the notification stating SIM card is not from Verizon, then there can be different underlying reasons for it. The problem is not only annoying but also comes with troubles like no network connection in many cases. Knowing the right meaning of the issue can help you to fix it the right way, and we are going to help you with as you will read on.
Meanings of the notification stating the SIM card is not from Verizon
Getting to the bottom of the issue becomes very important sometimes as it makes you able to tackle the problem better. With the same aim, we are going to deal with the SIM card notification here by starting with telling you the significance of this notification and then the reasons behind its occurrence. This way, you will be to pick the right solution for your problem upon being able to detect the right cause behind it.
The notification points out that the particular SIM card issue that we are discussing occurs only on those phones that have previously been connected with the Verizon Wireless carrier service. Various carrier services are known to have a system of Carrier locks that they put on mobile phones to prevent any customer-borne payment fraud. This way, they also manage to retain their customers for a longer time. When you get this notification, you may also encounter several other problems like no network on the phone, troubles connecting to the internet, or the SIM card not being detected.
Coming to the explanation part, when the notification of ‘SIM card is not from Verizon‘ emerges on your device’s screen.
It can indicate any of the two possible things that we are going to list down:
- The first indication can be that your phone is still locked with the Verizon wireless carrier service. This happens when you insert a new SIM card that belongs to another carrier service, and it doesn’t get activated or detected due to the lock.
- Another meaning is possible for this notification, where it points out a fault in the network settings of your phone. This means that the Verizon wireless carrier lock might have gotten unlocked on the device, but the problem must be with the faulty APN settings that render the device unable to connect with the new network successfully.
These were the two situations that might be the backdrop of the notification occurring on your phone. You must check what exactly the reason is and then go ahead with the suitable solution that we are going to talk about next. Without any further ado, let us take you to deal with the problem now as per the situation.
Fix One: When the device has an active Verizon carrier lock
If the phone that you are using is locked with the Verizon carrier service, the obvious first way towards removing the notification will be to get the phone rid of the carrier lock. Now, we won’t suggest you take help from the network itself because there are limitations to that method. Just like any other carrier service, Verizon also has an Unlock Policy that lays down the conditions for its customers to be eligible for the unlock request and other things. These conditions might not apply to your case, and thus the whole process becomes useless for you. Requesting the unlock code from the network team can also be pricier.
Thus, we recommend that you take help from third-party tools available in the market that give amazing results when it comes to unlocking devices and getting rid of the related issues like ‘SIM card is not from Verizon’ notification. DirectUnlocks is a great IMEI unlocking tool that can unlock various Verizon phones for the users in no time and fix all the other problems related to network connection automatically.
Let’s see some of the amazing features of this tool:
- It removes the carrier locks in the best professional way and that too without requiring any physical access to the device.
- The process that it deploys for unlocking the devices is legal and fully safe.
- It can unlock devices being used anywhere around the world and using any of the huge numbers of carrier services.
- It can unlock the Verizon phones in just 24 hours and for a permanent effect.
- Once the device is unlocked, you can use any other SIM card of any network carrier service on it without any issue.
- A full refund guarantee is also provided by this service in case the unlocking getting failed, which is a very rare possibility, though. The result-rate of this tool is very high.
You must have understood by now that DirectUnlocks will provide a fantastic and smooth experience of unlocking your Verizon phone. The process of operating this service tool for the purpose is also very easy.
Here is a guide to the steps that you need to follow to unlock your phone and fix SIM card is not from Verizon via this tool:
1. Visit the official website of the DirectUnlocks service tool.
2. On the main interface, you will see some drop-down menus. Open the options of country and device name and select the right options from the list.
3. Enter the IMEI number of your device in the dedicated box and then hit the button Continue. If you don’t know the IMEI number, you can get it by dialing on the number *#06#, and the number will pop up on the screen in the form of a notification.
4. You will now be taken to the payment page where you will have to purchase any plan.
5. Once your payment gets processed successfully for the unlock service, you will get the order number. With that, you will be able to track the unlock progress, which will surely complete within 24 hours of the order placement. You can enjoy a fully unlocked phone afterward with access to all its features.
It was that simple. All that you needed to do was to enter some key details, and the rest of the job will be done by the service. Once the lock is removed from the phone, you won’t even see the notification ‘SIM card is not from Verizon,’ and the new SIM card would also get successfully detected or activated.
Fix two: When the device has no carrier lock
The other situation we discussed above was about the phone being unlocked of the Verizon carrier service but having faulty network settings. In this case, we have two methods that you can try to fix the SIM card issue. Let’s move to see them now.
Setting the APN right
APNs or Access Point Names are a part of the Mobile settings that play the connecting role between the carrier service, internet, and the phone. These APNs are different for every carrier, while there can be multiple APNs for a single carrier service depending upon the purchase plan active on the device, which can either be a monthly subscription or a prepaid plan.
If you find out that your device has no active carrier lock and you decide to use another SIM card of a different carrier service on it, then you must change the APN settings of them and adjust them to match the ones of the new SIM card/network service. Let’s say, if you are switching to the T-Mobile network, then you will have to adjust the APN settings of your phone to match with those provided by the T-Mobile carrier service that you can find on the official website of that service.
You must follow extreme carefulness while changing the APN setting of a phone to get rid of the issue causing the ‘SIM card is not from Verizon’ notification. Upon making an entry mistake, the network connection will fail or might not even connect at all. You must be very careful about the formatting of the APN code and closely watch out for the lowercase and uppercase entries.
Let us now give you the steps for changing the APN settings:
1. Open the Settings of your phone. Find the option of Mobile Network Settings and click on it.
2. Select the option Access Point Names / APN. On the next pane, hit the icon + or Add on the top bar.
3. The fields that we are going to mention have only to be changed in the same manner as we give. Leave all the other fields blank or as they are:
- Name: T-Mobile
- APN: epc.tmobile.com (in case of a non-LTE device) / Fast.t-mobile.com (in case of LTE device)
- MMSC: http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
- MMS protocol: WAP 2.0
- APN Type: default,supl,mms
- APN Protocol: IPv4
- APN Roaming Protocol: IPv4
- MNC: 260
- MCC: 310
- Bearer: Unspecified
4. Double-check all the information that you have entered and see if it is exactly similar to the one given by us. Lastly, hit the button Save on the screen top.
Now go back and check if the new network is activated successfully or not.
Note: In some cases, the problem becomes deeper as the Verizon carrier even locks the APN settings in some of the devices. If that happens with you, you can resolve it by rooting the device (Android) and get the help of an application called the Build Prop Editor. This app can restore access to the system files for you without any hassle and also adjust the APN settings of the phone easily with the steps mentioned above.
By the way, here is a detailed guide on how to read Verizon text messages online for you.
Stop the Activation Agent forcefully (Temporary)
Rooting can have some repercussions for data security, and it is not safe to do that with any device. If you want to avoid that, there is a relatively safer solution out there with which you won’t need to root the device. The notification ‘SIM card is not from Verizon’ will be gone temporarily, and here is how to carry out the fix:
1. Open the Phone Settings & click on the option Applications. Go to the menu of the Applications Manager.
2. Under the section Running, find out the apps related to Verizon and disable all of them along with the Activation Agent Process.
3. Close Settings.
It will take some time before the results of this fix will get visible, and the network connection will be restored. Such processes get re-booted by Android devices by default, and this is important to happen for device health. So, if you see the notification reappearing after some time, simply repeat the process. This solution doesn’t give permanent results, but it surely will reduce the time of the notification appearance without posing any risk to the device.
Conclusion on SIM Card Is Not from Verizon
Tackling the notifications stating ‘SIM card is not from Verizon‘ isn’t much difficult after all if you try out our fixes. It is even easier to fix locked devices than unlocked ones, as you would have already understood. Fix your phone with a suitable solution as per the issue and enjoy the new carrier service on your phone hassle-free.