Are you experiencing a screen mirroring not working error and looking for a solution? Well, here are the best solutions you can try. This is particularly true if you have tried many other options and have had no luck so far.
Part 1: What Are the Solutions to Try if Screen Mirroring Not Working on My Device?
Before everything else, let’s go ahead and check some basics. In other words, below are the most practical solutions you can try if screen mirroring not working.
01. Check the Devices That Are Compatible with AirPlay
The most recent iOS software and hardware versions are recommended for use with Airplay. To begin, check to see if Airplay works on your Mac. Some mirroring restrictions prevent older Mac machines from streaming Airplay videos. Mac 2011 and newer versions can transmit Airplay, and only Apple TV 2nd generation or later can receive it. On your Macintosh, click the Apple symbol and select the ‘About this Mac‘ option. Then, click on “More information“.
Besides, if you are experiencing the Airplay Not Working issue, here are the top solutions for you.
02. Check if the Devices Are Running on Updated Software
If there is no successful connection established, you should check if they are running on the latest software.
Also, here are the Best Screen Mirroring Apps for your reference.
Update Your Apple TV Using the Following Steps
- To begin, navigate to the Settings menu and select System > Software Update. After that, go to “Download & install” if one is available.
- Please be patient while we finish the upgrade. The Apple TV should not be unplugged or unplugged while an update is taking place.
Update Your Mac with the Following Steps
- Click Software Update in System Preferences.
- Click on the download and install button if you see an available update.
- You can also program a future update to occur automatically. Click “Automatically keep my Mac up to date“. This will notify you if there is a new version.
In addition, let’s figure out How to Cast Android to Apple TV with ease.
03. Restart Your Devices if Screen Mirroring Not Working
Restart the iPad simply by pressing the Sleep / Wake button and holding it. You should do that until the respective device asks for you to swipe its power button. So, you can turn it off and discover your AirPlay device or Apple TV in its control panel. You should wait so your screen is gone completely black. Then, you should press and hold the Sleep/Wake key once again to turn the device on again.
Part 2: Solutions to Try if Screen Mirroring Not Working after an iOS Update
There are several reasons for screen mirroring not working after a potential iOS update. If that’s the case, you should try the solutions mentioned below.
01. Screen Mirroring Not Working because of Wi-fi Router Issues
In some cases, your screen mirroring not working simply due to a Wi-Fi router issue. Mentioned below is how to fix it.
● Restart the Router
Restarting and ensuring that all of the devices are connected to the exact same network are the common fixes. Interestingly, in some cases, the router will become the issue. Rebooting the router may help if you’ve exhausted all other options. On the back of most routers, you’ll find an on/off switch. You can also reset your router by disconnecting it, waiting for a couple of seconds. After that, you should reinsert it back into the power outlet. To get back online, you’ll need to wait for your router to start up and establish a new connection.
● Install the Latest Firmware for Your Router
Are you still having issues and confident enough in your router’s configuration? If so, you may want to try updating the firmware. Firmware and firewall issues are often to blame for problems that remain even after restarting devices, which can also be remedied by changing firmware.
02. Screen Mirroring Not Working because of Your Mac’s Firewall
If you’re having trouble getting AirPlay to operate on your Mac, check to see if your firewall is interfering. You can go to System Preferences to change this. Security and privacy always come at a price. So, what you should do now is to go to the system’s Firewall and see its configurations. It’s a good idea to disable the firewall if it’s accessible. To save the changes, click OK. Mac users can easily repair the screen mirroring not working by following these instructions.
03. AirPlay Icon Doesn’t Show Up
Apple’s operating system automatically displays the Airplay icon when an Airplay-capable device connects to your network. In order to view the symbol in the menu, you may have to disable it in the settings.
- The Airplay logo on the Mac needs to be enabled.
- Select System Preferences by clicking on the Apple logo at the top left of the screen.
- To begin, select the Display tab among the three tabs that appear on the screen.
- The option called “Show mirroring options in the menu bar when available” should be checked to proceed.
04. There is a Connection Problem with the TV
The next cause can be connection issues on your TV units. Mentioned below is how to fix it.
Switch Your Device on
Verify that the TV unit is turned on by plugging it in. If this is not the case, make sure to turn your device on properly.
Connect Both the Devices to the Same Network
Double-check to see if the second device is using the same network connection (Wi-Fi) at this stage. If this is the case, please change networks in order to get your devices to sync.
The Devices Should Be on the Same Wi-fi Network
Make that both the sender and the receiver devices have Wi-Fi enabled. Also, they must be linked to the same network (Wi-Fi) before sending a message.
Update the Apple TV
Go to “Settings” and select “General” to see if you are running on the most recent version. The “General” drop-down menu has a “Software” option. Click on that option. We’ll get the most recent version if one is available.
Restart the Device
Be sure to turn it off and then back on again. This is an old method, but it does work on occasion, so resetting everything is worthwhile.
05. Your Video Plays but with No Sound
If the sound of screen mirroring not working, mentioned below is what you can do.
- Check to see if the sound on your TV and your iOS device is working. In some cases, it may appear that everything is working fine. However, it is possible that the application or website you would like to cast is not completely Airplay-compliant.
- Airplay should not allow a link to some other device; therefore, make sure it is disabled.
- Ensure that the ringer and/or volume are turned up. Try playing a song/video, then turning the volume all the way up and playing it once again. Then, you can get it to play properly either in the “Music” or “YouTube.”
06. Still Have Troubles with AirPlay?
It’s possible that it’s a bug introduced with the iOS15 update. For iOS system issues, we’ve introduced FixGo. This specific tool lets you either downgrade to iOS 14 or fix them by downgrading to iOS 15. iOS 15 should be installed as soon as Apple has released a stable version.
FixGo is a straightforward app that may solve a wide range of issues with your iOS device. There is no risk of losing data when using FixGo to fix tvOS and iOS bugs.
Features of FixGo
- It can fix more than 200 errors pertaining to iOS, including frozen devices or stuck devices.
- It also fixes the black screen of death and recovery screen loop easily.
- FixGo can fix plenty of issues related to tvOS.
- You can use it to exit or enter recovery mode simply with a single click.
- This tool can downgrade your existing iOS system without causing a data loss.
- It works perfectly with the recent version of iOS devices.
How to Use FixGo and Fix Errors with No Data Loss
Please follow below simple guidee to fix errors on your iOS device.
● Connect the Gadget to the PC in the First Step
Connect the device to your PC using a USB cord after launching FixGo and selecting Standard Mode. Wait a couple of seconds after connecting for the FixGo to recognize the device.
● Download the Firmware
To fix the problem, you’ll need to update your device’s firmware. In fact, you have the option to downgrade it to iOS14.8 if you so desire. To begin the process of downloading the iOS firmware, click on the Download button. Click Select to move to the path if you previously downloaded the most recent firmware.
● Get the iOS Device Running
You can begin the repair process by pressing the button labeled “Fix Now” after you have downloaded the firmware.
Part 3: Use a Third-party App if Standard Screen Mirroring Not Working
Perhaps you’re wondering what to do if the methods above don’t work to fix the problems with screen mirroring. In this case, please use professional third-party software to mirror the screen of your iPhone. This is a must-have tool if you want to correctly reflect your smartphone’s screen. The name of this tool is Reflector 4.
Google Cast, Airplay, and Miracast screen mirroring are all supported by Reflector 4‘s screen mirroring. Reflector 4 eliminates the need for additional cords when mirroring your screen. Mirroring your iPhone’s screen to a larger display is as simple as installing Reflector 4 on your device. Take advantage of screen mirroring by following these simple instructions.
- Download the app and install it on TV and smartphone
- Then, connect the iOS device and your TV to the same network (through Wi-Fi)
- Now, you should launch Reflector 4 on the TV (or the PC screen) to proceed.
- Open Control Center on your iOS device and go to “Screen Mirroring” or “AirPlay” to proceed.
- Choose the receivers and devices you intend to mirror.
- That’s it! Your iOS device’s screen is now on the big screen.
A Bit About AirPlay
Do you want to stream material from one device to another? For instance, from your iOS device or Mac system to your Apple TV or another form of Airplay device? If so, you can rely on Airplay. It is possible to do all of this over Wi-Fi or Bluetooth with Airplay. Instead of using your iPhone, you may use Airplay to stream videos from any social media platform. It also lets you browse the web through the phone while watching it on the big screen.
So, those are the best solutions to try if your screen mirroring not working. There are many reasons behind the error, so knowing every solution is handy for you. If the issue is triggered due to a system error, FixGo will fix it. However, if none of those solutions work, you can use an alternative method like Reflector 4. That will mirror your iPhone’s screen easily into your big screen.