People who are an avid user of Microsoft Outlook keep on experiencing random issues. If you are thinking about what is Microsoft Outlook, then continue reading. Microsoft Outlook is a suite based on the web, which includes a calendar, contacts, personal webmail, and tasks. While using this program, random issues come up on the screen.
Some of the common problems could be like messages do not mark as read on opening them, Outlook does not load or crash randomly, and Outlook freezes completely. These problems occur because of the PST corruption, which are the data files of Outlook. Users can fix these files using scanpst.exe. Most of the users have no clue where the PST resides. If you like to know the ScanPST location, then keep on reading to find the correct answer.
Part 1: How to locate the ScanPST location
If you have not installed Microsoft Office, then firstly you need to do that. If the Microsoft Office is already there on your system, then you ultimately have ScanPST downloaded on the computer. One of the easiest ways to locate the ScanPST location is by performing some simple steps, as listed below.
Steps to find the ScanPST location:
For locating the ScanPST location on your computer, users need to go through the following instructions. It is very easy to search for the ScanPST location in the following way.
Step 1: Look for Outlook
In the first place, you have to look for the program ‘Outlook.’ For this, you have to take the help of the search bar.
Step 2: Choose the option ‘Open File Location’
After you have found the Outlook icon, you need to right-tap on it. Next, you have to choose the option ‘Open File Location‘ to know about the ScanPST location.
Step 3: Locate the ScanPST location
Now, the window of Window Explorer will open the folder, where Outlook has installed the data files. After that, you have to double-tap on the folder to locate the ScanPST files.
There is another way to find the ScanPST location. For this, you have to navigate to the program files and search for the Outlook data files there. Let’s have a look at the default ScanPST location according to the version of Outlook.
- Outlook version 2016 32-bit: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office16
- Outlook version 2016 64-bit: C:\Program Files(x86)\Microsoft Office\Office16
- Outlook version 2013 32-bit: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office15
- Outlook version 2013 64-bit: C:\Program Files(x86)\Microsoft Office\Office15
- Outlook version 2010 32-bit: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office14
- Outlook version 2010 64-bit: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office(x86)\Office14
- Outlook version 2007 32-bit: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12
- Outlook version 2007 64-bit: C:\Program Files(x86)\Microsoft Office\Office12
Part 2: In what manner ScanPST functions
In the first place, all your PST files feature an inner structure in the form of a table that keeps all the data. This structure holds the updated information for every sub-folder and folder within PST files. Within every row of these PST files, there is all the information about messages, sub-folders, and folders. In most of the cases, sub-folders refer to the tasks, calendars, contacts, and inbox.
When you begin a run of the program ‘ScanPST,’ the tool examines the folder of the PST folder. After that, compares it to the PST table’s content within it. The program makes sure that each sub-folder, folder, and the message has been formatted properly.
In case, there’s an entry that you have not entered, then ScanPST makes a correction to it. If the program ScanPST finds that blocks in a table are damaged, it marks them as corrupted and removes them completely.
Part 3: How does ScanPST.exe fail
Unfortunately, every program comes with some drawbacks and fail sometimes. If the program ScanPST fails, then it is often due to various reasons.
- 1. Unable to locate the ScanPST location: One reason behind the failure of the ScanPST file is its inability to find the file location. Sometimes, this program is hidden beneath the program files in the C Drive of your system. Meanwhile, it is a very rare thing to happen.
- 2. Unnecessarily removal of data files: In case, the ScanPST program could not locate a particular folder, message, or table within a file, then it might remove that thing completely from its database. It makes the PST file of yours unreadable. Thus, it becomes unrepairable by the program.
- 3. Size limit up to 2GB: If any of your PST files are larger than the size of 2GB, the program ScanPST won’t be able to work. This program features a 2GB-size limitation. It makes use of the file format Unicode, which just repairs files that fall under the mentioned size limit.
- 4. Damaged PST files: In case, the PST file is damaged severely, then the program ScanPST won’t repair the file completely. This is so because the program cannot fix internal components of upper-objects in the file or the file structure.
Part 4: Incredible way to fix Outlook issues
As stated above, the ScanPST program builds right on your Windows system. Sometimes, its drawbacks render it entirely useless in several scenarios. Having said this, you should employ a better program as its alternative.
The most effective and best way to fix the PST file and issue related to Outlook is through iMyFone ScanOutlook. For using this application, you do not have to open Outlook, and even it does not feature a size limitation. ScanOutlook comes with lots of impressive characteristics. So, just have a look at some of them right below!
Unique characteristics of iMyFone ScanOutlook:
- The application repairs all issues related to Outlook in advanced dual modes.
- It fixes damaged PST and OST files of Outlook in just three simple steps.
- iMyFone ScanOutlook recovers permanently deleted things like notes, contacts, emails, etc. from the files of Outlook.
- This tool supports each and every version of Microsoft Outlook, such as the recent 2019.
Steps to fix the data files of Microsoft Outlook:
For fixing the data files of Microsoft Outlook, you just have to follow three simple steps. So, let’s have a look at these simple instructions!
Step 1: Run iMyFone ScanOutlook
In the first place, you have to download and install iMyFone ScanOutlook on your system. Once installed, you need to open the program.
Step 2: Choose the option ‘Repair’
After that, you have to select the data files of Outlook. Next, you need to tap on the tab ‘Repair‘ in the repair tool.
Step 3: Save the data file
Once the repair process is complete, you have to save the new data file of Outlook on your system. Next, open that file on Microsoft Outlook, where you will notice that the Outlook program is working fine and as normal.
Now, you definitely have an idea about the ScanPST location. It depends on the Outlook version that you are using. Plus, we have listed all the possible locations of the program. Here, you have even learned about the functioning of the PST program and also about the possible reasons behind the failure of the PST program.
Here, we have recommended you the best tool to repair all the Outlook-related issues. iMyFone ScanOutlook assists you in fixing the PST files effortlessly. This application comes with so many incredible features. It works perfectly well with all recent and earlier versions of Outlook. Also, it recovers data even from the corrupted or damaged data files of Outlook.
Conclusion on How to Locate the ScanPST Location
So, if you are in search of a recovery tool for the PST files, then look no more. iMyFone ScanOutlook is what you need. With this application, you do not have to worry about the ScanPST location as well as deal with the shortcomings that arrive with the in-built ScanPST tool. So, download iMyFone ScanOutlook and resolve all the issues associated with Microsoft Outlook hassle-free!