Fingerprint not working on your Samsung device and looking for a solution? If so, you can try the fixes mentioned in this article and overcome them easily. Apart from the fixes, we explain the possible reasons behind the “Samsung fingerprint not working” issue.
Samsung S10 is indeed an exceptionally popular, innovative, and powerful smartphone. In general, it functions very smoothly and carries plenty of features too. One of those useful and cutting-edge features included in Samsung S10 is the use of a fingerprint scanner. This feature is introduced to increase the security of the device and the privacy of data. However, many users say that they experience some flaws associated with their fingerprint scanner. One of the most dangerous flaws is that it can mistakenly identify unauthorized fingerprints as authorized ones. Such a flaw can grant other people access to your device and may even prevent you from accessing it. Some users say their devices accept pretty much any fingerprint, which makes the whole concept a joke.
The good news is that Samsung was able to fix this issue through their updates. However, some individuals still say that they experience some issues associated with the fingerprint scanner. What if you are experiencing the same trouble in your device after those updates? If that’s the case, this guide will help to fix it.
Part 1: Why Samsung fingerprint not working?
Many Samsung users made complaints saying that the fingerprint feature of their devices is failing. In fact, a large number of users said that their fingerprint gets unlocked even for unauthorized users. Indeed, this issue was initially common with Samsung S10. However, the same issue occurred with other devices like Samsung S10+ and Note 10. According to experts, fingerprint sensor issues were emerged due to the type of silicon screen covers. Nevertheless, Samsung developed and offered a software patch to rectify this issue. The software updates related to some of the Note 10 series increased the functionality of the fingerprint function too.
Part 2: Is the fingerprint scanner issue fixed on Samsung S10?
Even as of today, Samsung offers constant software updates to address its “fingerprint not working” issue. In fact, some of the South Korean users claim that there were receiving updates to fix this issue. However, some countries may take a while to receive the latest updates. So, it is best to check if an update is released for your device before trying any other solution. If there is an update, just install it and see if the issue gets fixed. Also, according to the official reports, you are required to remove the third-party screen protectors. As a result, you will be able to get rid of the “Samsung fingerprint not working” issue.
Part 3: OK. So, how to fix the “Fingerprint not working” issue?
Well, we have several methods to fix this issue and get your device secured again. You can go through these methods and try them from the first one on the list. You don’t have to try them all if one works. With that said, let’s move to the solutions and see how to get it fixes.
01. Install the latest updates to fix ‘Samsung Fingerprint Not Working’
As have mentioned earlier, the best option is to install the potentially available updates. Just check if there are any updates available for the device. Once those updates are installed, the fingerprint scanner issue is likely to go away. In addition to that, the installation of updates can solve various other minor glitches associated with your device.
02. Get rid of the third-party screen protectors, if any
Many users tend to use third-party screen protectors for additional protection of the device. However, in certain cases, the same protective measure can become more of a trouble than protection. For instance, many users have experienced the “Samsung fingerprint not working” issue due to those third-party screen protectors. So, if you have a third-party screen protector and experience this issue, get rid of the protector. For many users, this simple trick can do the trick. In addition to that, you should remember that Samsung officially recommends this method. So, it is recommended to remove the third-party screen protectors.
Also, you should remember that the fingerprint scanner can malfunction due to a lack of screen sensitivity. In other words, your fingerprint scanner will malfunction when your device’s screen features poor sensitivity. If that is the case, you should follow the steps mentioned below and fix it up.
- First, you should go to the “Settings” using the corresponding app icon available on your home screen.
- Then, go to the option called “Display“
- You can then scroll down and locate the option called “Touch Sensitivity” to proceed. Touch on that so you can increase the sensitivity of the screen.
03. Get rid of the existing fingerprint and add a new one
If solution 02 doesn’t work and the fingerprint issue persists, you should try this method. In this method, what you should do is to replace the existing fingerprint with a new one. In fact, the fingerprint scanning on Samsung S10 works in a different way compared to conventional ones. It uses an on-screen fingerprint unlocking option. So, Samsung S10 doesn’t use the snapping of the fingerprints. Before proceeding, however, you must be smart enough to check the following aspects as well.
- Make sure that your fingers and the phone screen are dry and clean before proceeding to this fix.
- You must put adequate pressure on the screen to get an accurate fingerprint.
When it is completed, you should confirm it by using the fingerprint and see if you can unlock it.
04. Wipe the data using recovery mode to fix ‘Samsung Fingerprint Not Working’
Sometimes, ‘Samsung fingerprint not working’ due to software issues as well. If that is the case with you, you can use a factory reset and wiper data off. The purpose of doing so is to give a fresh start to the device fixing all the minor glitches. Before proceeding to this method, it is important to shut down the device. You can let the battery drain so it will be shut down.
- Now, you should press the “Power” button, “Volume Up” button, and “Bixby” buttons simultaneously. Be sure to hold those buttons for about 15 seconds so the “Recovery Mode” will appear.
- You will see several options on the screen now. Just navigate to the option called “Wipe data/factory reset.” You can use “Volume down” buttons to scroll down and locate the option easily.
- Then, you should select the option with “Power Button.”
- Once again, use the “Volume Down” button to navigate to the option called “Yes.” Then, select it as you did before with the “Power Button.”
- That will wipe off all the data and reset your device to factory mode.
05. Repair your Android device using ReiBoot for Android with ease
If none of the above fixes have worked, you can use this special tool called ReiBoot for Android. In fact, this specific software is capable of fixing a large range of issues associated with Android devices. This can be considered the ultimate solution if you have tried various fixes and had no luck. Well, the fingerprint issue can be solved easily using this software thanks to its smart functionality.
- Tenorshare ReiBoot can be used to fix pretty much all the software-related glitches associated with Androids.
- It can successfully address booting issues, camera not working, stuck on Android logo, and many other issues.
- This software is compatible with a large range of Android models, including all the leading brands.
- It has a Free version as well so you can get an idea about it conveniently.
- It has an exceptionally friendly user-interface, so even novices can deal with it easily.
Mentioned below are the steps you should use in order to fix issues associated with the Fingerprint scanner. Before you should proceed to the steps, be sure to download and install Tenorsahre ReiBoot. Once the downloading is finished, you can simply launch it and proceed to the steps.
- First, you should connect the faulty device to the same computer where ReiBoot is installed.
- Then, you should put the device in USB debugging mode. Click on the option called “Repair Android System.”
- Now, you will be able to see an interface that leads to the next step. You can click on the option called “Repair Now.” That will take you to the next step.
- You should check for the device model, which is available in the dropdown list.
- Once the information related to your device is selected, the software will look for the appropriate software. Then, it will download the respective firmware after a couple of seconds.
- At the completion of the download, you should click on the option called “Repair Now.” Eventually, you will find that your Android system is fixed.
Part 4: What can you do if the device is locked by its fingerprint?
Some users say that their devices get locked by fingerprint scanner and eventually fail to unlock it. In that case, users tend to look for various solutions. If you are facing such an issue and looking for a solution, try 4uKey for Android. Tenoreshare develops this tool. Thanks to the smart algorithm of this tool, you can use it to unlock any Samsung device. Please note that this tool works on Windows PCs only. The target device should be connected to the PC on which Tenoreshare is installed.
Mentioned below is how to use this software and bypass your Fingerprint scanner on a Samsung smartphone. Please make sure that you download and install Tenoreshare
Download and install Tenorshare 4uKey for Android on your PC. Then launch it and proceed to the steps mentioned below.
- Connect the Samsung S10 device to the same computer using a USB cable. Once the device is connected to the computer, choose the option called “Remove Screen Lock.”
- Click on the option called “Start” to confirm.
- Now, you will have to confirm the action and wait for a couple of minutes.
That’s it. You will be notified when the unlocking process is completed.
Conclusion on How to Fix ‘Samsung Fingerprint Not Working’
As we believe, one of the above methods will be the solution when ‘Samsung fingerprint not working.’ Tenoreshare ReiBoot will be the most successful and convenient way to get rid of this issue. Also, you can try the same tool to fix a variety of other errors associated with your Android device. If you see your fingerprint not working after trying all those solutions, take your device to a service center.