Ring Notifications Not Working on Android could be a pretty annoying issue for those concerned about security. The user will not see any alert even when your camera wants to show something important. That said, let’s see how to fix this issue and get your Ring notifications working again.
If you don’t receive any Ring notifications on the device, that could be a trouble in terms of security. Ring app is there to notify you whenever there is something wrong in the neighborhood. So, if that app doesn’t work as expected, it becomes useless. Therefore, fixing it as soon as possible is required for those who are concerned about the security.
How to fix if Ring Notifications Not Working on Android?
If ‘Ring notifications not working,’ there are several fixes to try and overcome the situation. Some of these methods may be very simple, but they can fix the issue for many people. That said, let’s take a look at those solutions and get this issue fixed.
01. Check if your intent connection if ‘ring notification not working’
One of the most primary things you should check in this case is your internet connection. You should know that both Ring app and cameras work based on an internet connection. So, it’s obvious that it will not give any notifications if there is no internet connection. If the device is connected and still there are no notifications, check if there is enough data. Sometimes, your device may be connected to a network that doesn’t have data in it. Also, you may not get any notifications if the connection is weak. So, check on all those aspects before proceeding to the next methods. You may even have to get in touch with your internet service provider to get it done.
02. Check the settings of your Ring app to fix ‘Ring Notifications Not Working on Android’
The Ring app has an option to disable its alerts on the mobile device. So, if you have disabled the notifications by any chance, you will not receive those notifications. In that case, the best approach is to check the configurations of your Ring app. If you have turned off the notifications, just turn them on so it will work perfectly. If that is not the case, you should move to the next solution. To check it, you should follow the steps mentioned below.
- Go to the Ring app and open its “Settings” menu.
- Then, you should make sure that both “Ring Alerts” and “Motion Alerts” are activated.
03. Check the Alarm Alert Settings to fix ‘Ring Notifications Not Working on Android’
Apart from checking the overall settings, you should check the Ring Alarm Alerts as well. You should check if the notifications are enabled on the screen. You can go to the Ring app on the device and enable or disable the notifications. So, before proceeding to the other fixes, you may check it out.
04. Check the alert settings of your Android device
Your device has some specific settings related to the device. If you have configured the device in a way where you don’t get notifications, you should rectify it. If the notifications of the device are turned off, you should check the settings screen. Then, enable the notifications if it is already disabled.
05. Check for the application settings to fix ‘Ring Notifications Not Working on Android’
Your Android device has a specific setting for apps. You can configure the device either to disable or enable notifications from those apps. The same theory applies to the Ring app as well. If you have configured the settings in a way where ring notifications don’t come up, that’s the issue. In that case, you will have to change the settings, so you will get the notifications activated once again. You can follow the steps mentioned below and reactivate the notifications.
- First, go to the “Settings” option and then head to the option labeled “Apps & Notifications.”
- Choose the option called “Ring,” and under that, you should choose “Notifications.”
- Now, you should check the toggle button and see if the “Show Notifications” button is turned on. If it is not turned on, you should switch it on.
06. Clear Ring app’s cache and see if it works to fix ‘Ring Notifications Not Working on Android’
If you are still unable to find a fix, you should try clearing the cache of the app. Well, the cache is a set of instructions that retains the latest actions of the respective app. As a result of the cache, the app will function faster without bothering the processor much. However, as time goes by, the cache can build into a pretty large file. Also, the files stored in it can become corrupted. As a result, it will make the app to malfunction, including “Ring notifications not working.” Clearing your cache is not difficult at all. In fact, you can clear the cache of any app with a couple of clicks. You can use the below-mentioned steps to clear the cache of your Ring app.
- Go to the “Settings” on your Android device as the very first step.
- Then, you should choose the option called “Apps & Notifications.”
- You will see a list of apps. Just choose the option called “Ring” and then choose “Storage.”
- You will see a couple of buttons there. Just choose the button labeled “Clear Cache,” so it will clear the cache of the app. Please note that you can clear the cache of any app using this method.
- The Ring app notifications should be working now.
07. Uninstall and Reinstall your Ring app
If you did not succeed with any of the above methods, you should try reinstalling the app. When you reinstall the app, it will be installed with the default settings, which works fine. So, if the app is misconfigured, reinstalling is the most appropriate way to fix it. Now, you should delete the app from the device and install a fresh copy through the Play Store. The steps you should try to reinstall the Ring app on your Android device are mentioned below.
- First, go to the option called “Settings.”
- Then, you should navigate to the option called “Apps & Notifications.”
- Then, under the list of options available, you should choose the option called “Ring.”
- And then, tap on the option called “Uninstall.”
- Now that the app is uninstalled, you should launch “Google Play.” You can then search for the name “Ring” on its search bar.
- Once you find the option, just tap on the install button so it will be opened.
- Launch the app and see if it works without any issue.
08. What can you do if the issue has emerged due to a glitch in the OS?
If the issue is still persisting, your device’s OS likely to have some glitch on it. If that is the case, you should take the necessary actions to fix it. The most convenient way to get it done is to use a professional Android repair tool. One of the best examples of such repair tools is Tenoreshare ReiBoot – Android Repair.
In fact, Tenoreshare ReiBoot becomes exceptionally handy for any Android users in many cases. It can address a variety of issues pertaining to your Android device. Both minor and major glitches can be resolved using this tool. So, you can use it to fix the “Ring Notifications Not Working on Android” issue as well. If you want to learn how to do it, read the steps mentioned below.
- First, you should download Tenoreshare ReiBoot on your computer and install it properly. Launch the software.
- Then, you should connect the faulty Android device to the same computer on which ReiBoot is installed.
- You can see a button labeled “Repair Android System,” and it is found in the main interface. You should click on it.
- Now, select the option called “Repair Now” as well.
- At this stage, you should enter the details of the device and click on “Download the firmware.”
- Now, click on “Repair Now” so the program will repair all the glitches on the Android device.
- The issue should be gone, and the process will take a couple of minutes.
So, that’s how to fix the “Ring Notifications Not Working on Android” issue. We are confident that ReiBoot – Android Repair can fix this issue if none of the other methods do. Do you know any other ways to repair this issue? Please let us know.