Some individuals want to know how to remove Jamf MDM profile on Apple devices due to various reasons. If you have the same question, you are reading the correct guide. Here, we explain how to remove Jamf MDM profile on Apple devices and use the device without being monitored.
Part 1. An introduction to Jamf MDM Profile
In the simplest possible terms, Jamf MDM is a unique Apple product that can access iOS devices remotely. This tool is often used by companies so they can access the iOS devices distributed among their employees. By doing so, they expect to monitor what the employees do with iOS devices. Jamf MDM works in collaboration with other Apple products as well. For instance, it supports Apple Business Manager, Apple School Manager, and Volume Purchasing Program. Jamf MDM activation is applicable mainly to areas such as profile configuration or new policy sharing.
The use of Jamf MDM
In general, Jamf MDM is widely used by IT managers who work for large-scale business organizations. Basically, it is used for the purpose of deploying the updates for software like MS Office Suite. Moreover, it allows you to track iOS devices like iPads and iPhones used by the employees.
Jamf MDM also allows the management of the organization to control and access the content used. All those aspects suggest that Jamf MDM is a very useful feature for employers. However, from the employees’ perspective, Jamf MDM can cause troubles. It could be a serious issue for those who don’t want others to monitor their activities.
Who can use Jamf MDM?
In fact, Jmf MDM is a very useful tool for those who wish to maintain a more organized operation. It is specifically popular among the software industry, the higher education sector, and the education management niche. As of today, this special feature has become popular in countries like the United Kingdom and the United States. In the United Kingdom, this feature is used by 78% of the organizations that fall into the aforementioned categories.
More than 46% of the companies that have more than 1000 employees use this feature in various ways. Also, 43% of medium-sized companies and 11% of small-sized companies make use of this software to improve efficiency. So, this is exceptionally handy for business organizations that want to keep track of the employees.
However, some individuals want this feature to be removed from their iOS devices due to various reasons. Do you fall into the same category and wonder how to remove Jamf MDM profile on Apple devices? If that’s the case, the following sections of this article will help you out.
Below, we mention four easy methods for those who wonder how to remove Jamf MDM profile on Apple devices. Please note that some of those methods are easier than others. Also, the overall success rate of the methods may vary. In addition to that, we have included a very impressive professional tool in this article to make it easier. So, keep reading the Part 02 of this guide and learn about those methods.
Part 2: Easiest methods to remove Jamf MDM profile on Apple devices
Just like we have mentioned before, this section is dedicated to explaining the methods to remove Jamf MDM profile. There are four practical methods to try.
Solution 01: use iMyFone LockWiper to remove Jamf MDM profile on Apple devices easily
There can be many individuals who are not familiar with the Jamf MDM feature. So, they don’t have the technical skills or knowledge to remove Jamf MDM profile on Apple devices. If you are one of them, don’t worry – there is an easy solution for you. In simplest terms, this could be the most convenient and successful method to remove Jamf MDM. The name of this tool is iMyFone LockWiper. This tool is already recognized by thousands of users across the globe. Moreover, this professional MDM bypass tool can remove other locks applied to iOS devices.
Features of iMyFone LockWiper
- It is considered to be an exceptionally user-friendly software even for a beginner.
- It uses only three clicks to remove Jamf MDM profile on Apple devices and it can Remove MDM without Jailbreak.
- Once the Jamf MDM profile is removed, it gives full access to your iOS device.
- You don’t have to possess a username or passcode of the iOS device to use this tool.
- No one will be able to monitor your device after removing the Jamf MDM profile.
- Excellent success rate and trusted by thousands of satisfied users across the globe.
- LockWiper can also remove Apple ID, screen time, restriction passcode, etc. without much effort.
How to use iMyFone LockWiper to remove Jamf MDM profile on Apple devices successfully
Mentioned below is a step-by-step guide to remove Jamf MDM profile using iMyFone LockWiper.
- As the first step, you should download iMyFone LockWiper on a computer through their official website. After that, you should install it and launch it to see the home screen. On the home screen, you should see an option called “Bypass MDM.” Choose it to proceed.
- Now, you should connect the respective iOS device to the same computer using a genuine USB cable.
- You will see the option called “Start Bypass” if you are currently locked out of the MDM screen. To get rid of that, you should reset the iOS device. To do it, go to “Settings” and choose “General.” After that, you should go to “Reset” and select “Erase All Content and Settings.” As the final step, you should choose “Start Bypass.”
- After that, you should see that iMyFone LockWiper removes the Jamf MDM restriction. At the completion of this process, the restriction will be gone.
Please note that the Jamf MDM restriction will restore after resetting the iOS device. However, you can remove the same restriction simply by using iMyFone LockWiper once again. Since you don’t reset the device often, this will not be a huge problem for you. That is exactly why we consider LockWiper to be the most convenient method to bypass Jamf MDM restriction.
By the way, here is the full iMyFone LockWiper review for your reference.
Solution 02: Remove your iOS device from Jamf School
This is another method that can unmanage the device before unenrolling. If the respective device is unmanaged, no one can perform any management on the device. So, you can follow the steps mentioned below to unenroll the device.
- As the first step, you should launch Jamf School and go to the option labeled “Devices.” Then, go to “devices- in the sidebar.”
- Well, the second step is to choose the device that should be unenrolled by clicking on it.
- Now, you should select the option called “unenroll.” After that, select the option called “unenroll device.”
- After that, the device will appear as an unmanaged one. Anyone can delete or remove it. In order to remove the device, just follow the steps that are mentioned below.
Now the device will appear as unmanaged and can be deleted/removed. To remove the device, follow the steps mentioned below.
Solution 03: Unenroll the iOS device from Jamf School
You can use this method to remove Jamf MDM profile on Apple devices permanently. Also, you should note that this option cannot be undone. Also, you can apply this method only to unmanaged iOS devices. So, you should unenroll the device before unmanaging it.
- Launch Jamf School and choose the option called “devices.” After that, go to “devices- in the sidebar.”
- Now, you should select the device you intend to remove.
- As the final step, select the option called “Move to Trash.” After that, you should proceed by pressing “OK.” If the device is already enrolled through the DEP, use iActivate and unenroll it. Mentioned below are the steps to get it done.
- Go to the option called “Device.”
- Then, click on the “Lifecycle” icon.
- Now, select the option labeled “Enrollment Status.”
- Select the iPad or iPhone that should be removed from the DEP Profile.
- Finally, click on “Remove Profile.”
Solution 04: Remove Jamf MDM profile on Apple Device through Command-Line on macOS
If you want to remove MDM Profiles on a Mac, you must have administrator privileges on it. If there is no admin access, you cannot perform it. In general, there are two main ways to get rid of Jamf MDM profiles on the mac. You can use “System Preferences” or “Profiles” (through CLI).
Mentioned below are the steps to remove those profiles from macOS computers.
- Reboot your Mac.
- Go to “System Preferences” and head to “Open Privacy and Security.” Then, go to “Privacy” and choose “Complete Disk Access.” After that, unlock it using the lock icon.
- Then, add the terminal.
- Make sure that you enter the following commands.
‘sudo jamf -removeFramework’ into terminal, press enter.
‘sudo -i’ into terminal (after this. Press enter the and provide your password).
‘cd /var/db/’ into terminal
‘mv ConfigurationProfiles ConfigurationProfilesOLD’
Please make sure that you hit the “Enter” key after typing each line of commands.
- Now, restart the computer.
That’s it. As you can see, iMyFone LockWiper is the most convenient way to remove Jamf MDM profile on Apple devices.