Telephones are fragile and easy to be broken for various reasons. The most common ways you may have your Android phone broken are as follows:
As a piece of sophisticated electronic equipment, the phone is easily damaged if you drop it into the water. According to the research, there are 18% of phones broken on this account. But if you can pick it up and dry it at once, there is some possibility that you can save it.
As is counted, the impact is responsible for 30% for the broken phones. So you’d better take good care of your phone when you are holding it.
3. Other reasons
There are also some strange reasons you may encounter. For example, you sit on your phone by accident and crush it. Strange as it may sound, it does happen.
How to Recover SMS Text Messages from Broken Android?
Breaking an Android smartphone is not hard to do. It can get water damaged, crack the screen or brick it. And when that happens, it will be hard to access your SMS text messages that have been stored in its phone memory. The good news is that there’s a tool that can help with your SMS text messages recovery from a broken Android smartphone. Dr.Fone Toolkit for Android – Data Recovery promises to bring back your text messages from your dead smartphone. How it works, you might ask. Well, below are the steps for SMS text messages recovery.
1. Run Dr.Fone for Android
The first step of the SMS text messages recovery is to launch the Wondershare Dr.Fone. Then select “Recover” mode and then choose “Recover from Broken phone” tab on the left. Choose Messaging and any other data that you want to recover from the Android smartphone. Then click on the Start button found at the bottom right corner of the software.
2. Choose the Type of Android Phone
After you have chosen to recover SMS text messages, the next step is to choose the type of Android phone you own. You can choose between a “Black or broken screen” or “Touch doesn’t work or can’t access the phone“. Once you have chosen the type of Android you have, you will be taken to the next step of the SMS text messages recovery process.
3. Select the Device Name
The next step is to choose the right device name and the model of the Android smartphone. At present, the software only works for Samsung devices, such as Galaxy Note, Galaxy Tab, and Galaxy S lines. Once you have chosen the type of device, click on the next button.
4. Go to Download Mode
Before you can recover the SMS messages, you need to go into download mode. Wondershare Dr.Fone will show you the step by step instructions on how to enter into the mode. Or you can take the following steps:
- Turn the Android smartphone off.
- Press and hold the volume down, power, and home buttons at the same time.
- Lastly, press the volume up button. Now you are in download mode.
5. Diagnosing the Phone
The next step is to connect the Android smartphone to the computer. The software will then analyze the phone to start the SMS text messages recovery process.
6. Preview and Recover SMS Text Messages
The last step of the SMS text messages recovery process is to select the files that you want to recover. The software will display the available text messages that can be salvaged and you can choose them from the list. Once you have selected the SMS text messages, just click on the recover button, and they will be saved on your computer.
As you can see, you don’t need to worry about your SMS text messages in a broken Android as long as you have Dr.Fone Toolkit for Android. You can easily recover those important messages even if the phone is unresponsive and broken.
Tip when you want to repair your broken Android phone
Mobile phones get broken easily, which may cause you great inconvenience. So it is important that you have some backup files ahead of time. But in case you forget to create a new backup while you happen to damage your phone, you can refer to tips below here.
The home button is fragile and you’d better take good care of it. The common way is to download an application as a substitute for it.
- 1. Use a screwdriver to tease out the screw or screws near the broken home button.
- 2. Number the screws and take note of the numbers and corresponding exact locations of them, so that it will be easy for you to reinstall the hold-down screws.
- 3. Pry away the cable of the broken home button from the parts that near it, carefully enough.
- 4. Then gently replace the broken home button after you take it off. Finally, put on the screws.
Part 2. Tips on repairing the front screen
The front screen gets damaged usually because you drop the phone on to a solid surface by accident. When you repair it by yourself remember to be cautious.
- 1. Remove your SIM card from your broken phone.
- 2. Then remove the screws on the back edge and take the broken front screen carefully. There are some cables connect to each other. Don’t mix them up, and disconnect the necessary ones.
- 3. Take the home button away and replace the broken screen.
- 4. Then you need to reconnect the cables you have just cut off to the new screen and install the home button.
- 5. Now screw the back surface on your phone. Power on your phone to see if it is working normally.
Part 3. Tips on repairing the back surface
The broken back surface is, by contrast, much easier to be replaced. Just follow this.
- 1. Power off your phone with the back surface broken.
- 2. Remove the screws that secure the back surface on your phone, with a screwdriver in the right size.
- 3. A suction cup will help you if you want to fasten your phone for the whole time.
- 4. Replace the broken surface with a brand new one with the utmost care, so that you won’t hurt your camera.
All these jobs require skilled labor so that I prefer to call a maintenance technician to do this for me, anyway, they are professional. But you can still read this on, in case you are in the emergency.
Besides, click here to find out how to perform USB debugging on your damaged Android easily.