Page_Fault_In_Nonpaged_Area Blue screen of death goes back to the time of Windows XP. If you are seeing this error on your computer for the first time, then don’t worry, this has long been the common error on the windows system. A lof solution that you can try to fix the error on your computer. Many windows 20 users have reported seeing this error on the computer out of the blue.
The common pattern that every BSOD error follows is the sudden appearance. Every blue screen of death error comes on the screen without giving you any sign of the error. The but every blue screen of death error leaves out a code. That’s how you are going to fix the BSOD error on your screen. Here is the error code is Page_Fault_In_Nonpaged_Area, in this article, we are going to see why Page_Fault_In_Nonpaged_Area occurs on a system, and what are the steps that you need to follow to provide a good solution to the error.
While a blue screen of error has a lot of things in common, the solution to them is different and the code of the problem.
What exactly is Page_Fault_In_Nonpaged_Area?
Normally windows trigger this error on a system if the windows application can’t get access to the physical memory of a computer. BSOD errors pop on a computer when the windows try to get access to system memory, but it fails to find any. That is why, after the BSOD error, you immediately get a hard reboot. The reason why the reboot happens is that the computer wants to protect your data, the longer it stays on the further damage it’s going to do to your private data inside the drive. The error code Page_Fault_In_Nonpaged_Area happens because of your RAM connection to your motherboard.
That’s not only it. There are other reasons why you see this error on the screen. In this article, we are going to go through the list of methods that you can try to fix Page_Fault_In_Nonpaged_Area on your computer without resorting to anything drastic. Under each method you are going to see a bunch of steps, you need to follow all the steps to provide a more effective solution to your problem.
Method 1: Fixing Page_Fault_In_Nonpaged_Area By Recreating Page File
In order to speed up your system, your windows operating system sometimes uses the disk space that is located in your secondary storage drive. In this case, it will be your HDD. Windows will create various files that will help you get access to the already visited locations faster. And it will boost up the speed up for plenty of other applications that you use every single day. One of the reasons behind the error Page_Fault_In_Nonpaged_Area could be the page file. In this case, disabling it might be a good solution to prevent the error from popping up on your desktop.
- First, you need to open Run. Just press the Windows Key + R. for administrative privileges press and hold Ctrl + Shift.
- Once you are at the Run windows, in the search bar type in – SystemPropertiesAdvanced.exe, and then press enter.
- Under system properties > Advanced > Settings under performence section.
- Here you will see different tabs. But to fix Page_Fault_In_Nonpaged_Area, we need to get to the advanced tab> Change.
- Uncheck – Automatically manage paging file size for all drives. Then select No paging file under the custom size bar.
- Now just hit Ok > Ok > Ok. to get to the main tab. Then restart your computer after a successful restart. Follow the same steps over again. But this time under the Virtual Memory window. Check on System Managed size, then check on the Automatically manage paging file sizes for all drive options.
Method 2: Fixing Page_Fault_In_Nonpaged_Area By Checking Disk
Most of the BSOD errors happen on a computer because of the HDD corruption. It can either be software and hardware. But you have to rule out the first one before you jump into another. Many files get downloaded to HDD without our permission. A failed installation of software and app can create a lot of errors on the computer. That could be one for the reason why you see Page_Fault_In_Nonpaged_Area on your computer.
- Here you need to open a ram with administrative privileges, which can be done by pressing windows + r then holding the Ctrl + Shift key.
- After the command prompt opens up on the system. Just type in chkdsk /f /r
- That’s it; the windows will carry the disk checking process until they find some error on the disk. All the errors will automatically be deleted from the system.
- If you get any type of message that is preventing you from performing the check-up, just type Y, and then continue.
Method 3: Fixing Page_Fault_In_Nonpaged_Area by System Restore
Hitting system restores, will take your computer back to the previous version, when everything worked. Follow the steps below to hit the system restore on your computer.
- First, you need to hit Windows + R
- Then here type in rstrui.exe and then press enter
- The default setting will be before the Recommended restoration. But you can view other information regarding the restore point if you want.
- Then click on Next > Finish
- Here you have to follow all the on-screen information to finish your system restore.
If hitting system restore didn’t solve the problem, then follow the methods below.
Method 4: Fixing Page_Fault_In_Nonpaged_Area Update Windows
Windows updating will fix tons of bugs on the computer and will resolve a lot of driver issues that you are having on your computer. Here windows will decide the perfect driver for the computer and all the devices attached to the computer. Once the windows find all the right drivers, then it will install them over the old versions of the driver. Updating every aspect of the computer will resolve the Page_Fault_In_Nonpaged_Area that you are facing on your com[puter. Many users have reported seeing success after updating the windows.
- The first step is to get to the control panel. You can just open the start menu, and search for the Control panel here.
- Once you are at the control panel, here you have to search for the windows security.
- In the windows security windows, you will see the option of windows defender: firewall, and update.
- Click on the windows update. This will take you to the windows update page.
- Here all you have to do is check for updates. This will take several minutes as windows will gather up all the driver details installed on your computer and security patches. Then it will have the latest versions of the driver and security patch.
Method 5: Fixing It by SFC scan
System File Checker scan is one of the best ways to fix any problem that you are having on your computer. This is where the system will go through all the files that have been installed on your computer to find the corrupted data files. Once it finds the data files, sometimes your computer will restart, and the windows will take care of all the errors that it found through scanning—a perfect tool for fixing Page_Fault_In_Nonpaged_Area.
- First, you need to open the command prompt with administrative privileges
- You can do that by searching the command prompt in the start menu. Once it opens up, you have to run as an administrator.
- Once you have open up the command prompt, where you need to type ‘sfc /scannow.’
- This will begin the process of scanning on the computer. This will consume several minutes. Once the scanning is done, it will start to repair the error that is found on your system.
Sometimes the windows will restart after the scanning process to check the error before the boot screen. And remove all the errors from there.
Method 6: Fixing Page_Fault_In_Nonpaged_Area by Memory Diagnostics
Steps you need to follow for memory diagnostics:
- Open Run, by pressing Windows + R
- Here type in ‘mdsched.exe,’ then hit enter
- You will get two options. Either click on Restart now and check the problems (Recommended)
- And the other one being checked for the error on the next bootup.
- Hit restart now, if you don’t have any important files open, otherwise save tiles first, then go for a system check.
- The system will check the ram if there is any fault in them. No errors mean nothing wrong with them.
Page_Fault_In_Nonpaged_Area is one of many BSOD errors people face on their computers every single day. While it can be very hard to find the origin of the error on the system, as the apprentice of these errors on a computer doesn’t have any route to it. It will happen out of nowhere and will leave your computer struck. But follow the methods above to try to fix the problem as fast as you can and make sure to never download incompatible drivers or software on your computer, as a healthy precaution to prevent it.