Outlook loading profile stuck is a problem reported by many users. There are reports of Windows 10 facing this issue where Outlook doesn’t open properly, and there’s some kind of glitch in the running of the program. This is one of the most common problems faced by all the Outlook versions from Outlook 365 to 2007.
Users have observed a common pattern regarding this issue. When the user installs downloads and installs Outlook, the program loads well without any problem. After a while, the Outlook program hangs for a while. It just shows ‘Loading Profile‘ on the screen. This message remains on the screen until the user closes it forcibly.
Outlook loading profile stuck is an issue that tests many users in different ways. Sometimes, it shows, ‘Cannot Start Outlook‘ and doesn’t load even a bit. If you’re one of the many users facing this problem as of now, we have some suggestions as to how you can understand and get rid of it. We have mentioned more than ten methods to help you get rid of this problem.
These methods help the user to jumpstart Windows Outlook. It is important that before you begin to treat the problem, understand what causes it.
Below is the list of causes that lead to the issue of the Outlook loading profile stuck.
- Outlook profile gets corrupted
- A glitch in the navigation panel
- OST/PST file might be faulty
- The Outlook program starts in compatibility mode
- The program might not be starting in the administrator privilege mode
- Faulty add-ins
The above mentioned are some of the major problems that can cause problems in Outlook loading profile stuck and smooth running of Outlook program. With this understanding, it will be easier for you to diagnose the problem.
One of the most important things to know before using the methods mentioned below is to be sure that if your Outlook program is actually faulty or is it a result of incomplete or improper installation. Before you apply any diagnostic methods, try uninstalling the program and downloading the problem to fix the Outlook loading profile stuck issue. If the problem persists even after the new download and installation, apply one of the many methods mentioned below to solve your problem.
1. Run the Outlook program as an administrator to fix ‘Outlook Loading Profile Stuck’
It is one of the easiest ways to fix the problem with Outlook. This method of fixing the outlook program might appear cheap and easy. It looks so easy that a user might feel that it is totally a waste of time. But, it helped many users to fix Outlook and get it running again. This fix works very well for Windows 10. Other users with different Operating Systems can also try using this method.
You need right click on OUTLOOK.EXE and then click on RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR on the second icon that appears. If, just in case, when you right right-click OUTLOOK.EXE, and you don’t see the RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR option, navigate to program files in the ‘C‘ drive. Here, you are likely to find the executable program.
2. Disable the compatibility Outlook preference to fix ‘Outlook Loading Profile Stuck’
Windows 10 decided to launch the Outlook program in Windows 7 compatibility mode is absolutely mysterious. Many users solved their issue by running Outlook with disabled compatibility mode. Check out this guide to solve the Outlook loading profile stuck issue.
- To disable the compatibility mode, find the Outlook file location on your computer. Mostly, it is the C drive on your computer. Once you find your file location, a right-click on OUTLOOK.EXE will open a new list of icons. Select PROPERTIES from that.
- When you click on the PROPERTIES tab, a new page will open and select the COMPATIBILITY option from that. Un-select the option next to the COMPATIBILITY icon that says, Run this program in compatibility mode for.
- Once you’re done, take the final step by APPLYING your selection.
- Try opening the Outlook program again, run and check if it’s working. If the program doesn’t show LOADING PROFILE, it is a success.
The navigation panel is available on the left side of the screen on Outlook. You can easily access your tasks, calendars, contacts, and emails from here. One of the most important things you need to know is that it can easily affect your Outlook from running and performing efficiently. It can even prevent the program from starting well.
To deal with the issue of the Outlook loading profile stuck, we have a solution. We got you an easy fix that will help you restore the program and make it run smoothly without any glitch or error.
You need to close the Outlook program completely. After that, open the RUN comment box by pressing the Windows key plus R together. Once the comment box opens, type the following: outlook.exe/resetnavpane. Press ENTER once your comment is typed. After that, the Outlook program will reset to its default state and open properly.
4. Try Airplane mode to fix ‘Outlook Loading Profile Stuck’
This technique sounds very easy, and it did work for many users. It might be temporary, but you could always try to find out if this works or not. Many users reported that getting the internet signal interrupted while the program is loading can help it to go past the initial Outlook loading profile stuck problem.
There are many ways to disconnect from the internet. We would suggest the best way would be to opt for the airplane mode as it’s very easy to activate and deactivate.
Before you activate the Airplane mode on your computer, close the outlook program, and everything opened, along with the program that includes the dialogue box. After that, click on the network icon on the right corner of your taskbar. You would see an airplane icon after you click on the network icon. Activate the airplane mode.
Once you activate the airplane mode, go to the Outlook program and check if it is working. If it’s not, wait for a few seconds or minutes before it goes past the Outlook loading profile stuck screen. Once the program starts working, disable the airplane mode, and all your contacts, emails, and calendar details would start loading again.
5. Safe mode
We recommend you to disable all the add-ins and start Outlook in safe mode. We totally understand that add-ins make Outlook really appealing since they enhance its functionality. But, they are also the reason for the glitches experienced by the program.
To solve this problem, try opening Outlook in the safe mode and disable the add-ins. It will also help you understand if add-ins are the reason why you’re facing the issue of the Outlook loading profile stuck. Before you enter the safe mode to disable the add-ins, close the Outlook program completely.
After that, open the RUN comment box by pressing the Windows key plus R together. Once the comment box opens, type the following: outlook.exe/safe. Press ENTER once your comment is typed. The program will start in the safe mode. If the program asks you to confirm your Outlook profile, do so.
Open the FILE icon and select OPTIONS. Click on ADD-INS and select MANAGE. In the next step, click on COM ADD-INS and finally press GO. Un-select every ADD-IN and press OK before closing Outlook. After doing everything mentioned above, restart the program.
6. Repair the data file
We would like to suggest you one more amazing solution that will help you solve the problem of Outlook loading profile stuck. Performing general repair on your personal folder is an effective solution to fix the problem.
Close the Outlook program before you start this diagnostic. Open the program files in C drive. Type SCANPST.exe in the search section located in the right corner of the page. Browse through the PST file. Press START after the PST is done loading.
Once the process is over, the problems will appear before you in a dialogue box. You must select REPAIR to make a backup of your files. Try opening Outlook after the repair is done.
7. New Profile
Before you eliminate the profile that is corrupted, try creating a new profile. It might help the program to boot properly.
- Close Outlook before you begin this process.
- After that, open the RUN comment box by pressing the Windows key plus R together.
- Once the comment box opens, type the following: mlcfg32.cpl. Press ENTER once your comment is typed.
- Select SHOW PROFILES
- Select ADD to add a new profile.
- Use your auto email account in order to configure your account.
- Once the new profile is created, make it your DEFAULT CHOICE from the Initial Mail window.
- Save your choices and restart Outlook.
8. Uninstall updates
Many users have reported that uninstalling the latest .NET updates helps with the Outlook loading profile stuck issue.
- Open the RUN comment box by pressing the Windows key plus R together. Once the comment box opens, type the following: appwiz.cpl. Press ENTER
- Find Micrososft.NET updates and uninstall 4.5.2.
This should help the program run smoothly.
9. Close the background applications
We would suggest closing the background applications run by the Outlook program. These background applications might trigger the issue of the Outlook loading profile stuck.
Open C:\Users\(username)\AppData\Local\. Try remaining the files in this folder. If you’re successful in renaming the files, your job is done. If you’re unable to rename the file, open the task manager and close all the background applications. Check again if Outlook is functioning properly.
10. Delete Profiles
Outlook profiles may get corrupted after some time. This causes the Outlook loading profile stuck. For this reason, deleting the profile is important.
- Open the RUN comment box by pressing the Windows key plus R together. Once the comment box opens, type ‘Control.’ After this, press ENTER.
- Select ‘User Account‘ in the Control Panel and press Mail. Select all the profiles and press ‘Remove.’
- Apply the changes made by you and click OK.
- Open the RUN comment box again by pressing the Windows key plus R together. Once the comment box opens, type the following: Regedit. Then, press ENTER.
- Open HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft
- Remove the profiles and start the program again. It will ask you to enter your credentials before you can create a new profile.
11. Release IP
Some users have reported that their issue with the Outlook loading profile stuck was solved after they released the IP. For this, you must follow these steps:
- Open the RUN comment box by pressing the Windows key plus R together. Once the comment box opens, type ‘cmd.’ Press SHIFT+CTRL+ENTER
- Type IPconfig/renew and press ENTER.
- Select SEND/RECEIVE ALL FOLDERS, and your program might run smoothly after this.
Many issues might creep in and prevent the proper functioning of Outlook. We would suggest you follow a stepwise approach to solve your problem of the Outlook loading profile stuck. Before you begin diagnosing, try finding out what is causing the problem. Once you understand the cause, apply any of the 11 methods mentioned above to solve the problem. Have a nice time using Outlook!