The next-generation consoles have opened the doors to both proving the best quality games and TV, movie entertainment to the user. PlayStation 4 provides a very large line of good quality games and HD video entertainment to the user with no hassle. Kodi is an app you can download for PS4 to get the rich video experience with the gaming machine. Basically, it is an open media center that provides TV shows and movies in the highest quality to the user. Kodi for PS4 provides a much easier solution to your entertainment.
PS4 Kodi currently has over millions of users despite not being on the PlayStation platform. There is a reason why that is because Kodi provides a simple UI with easier to navigate the system for anyone to just join in without getting confused. The app got so popular that fans of the app started asking a version for the Xbox One and PlayStation 3.
The bad news is you can’t access Kodi on PS4. It’s not out yet; the team behind Kodi is working hard to make the app available on the PS store someday in the future. But that doesn’t mean you just have to wait to experience streaming experience from your PlayStation device. This article will provide all the things you will need to have a perfect streaming service that will be interconnected to all your smart devices in your household. While this may sound exciting, and it is. In order to get to that point, you have to what that specific software is and what does it do? Then later, we are going to get to the section of the installation part.
What makes Kodi for PS4 so good?
Kodi is an open-source media player that comes packed with a lot of features that will make your life much more easier. The player was designed by using XBMC Foundation. The software is not restricted to only one type of field. You can find different variations of the app on different operating systems such as Windows, Linux, Unix, and many more. That’s not it; the app even supports different platforms. You can install Kodi on PS4, mac, android TV.
Unfortunately, you can’t access Kodi from your PlayStation, but don’t let that bring you down. While you may not experience Kodi on PS4 but there is solid alternative provides all the feature from Kodi on your PlayStation 4. One of the alternatives to Kodi is plex. Here is why many PS users prefer plex as their streaming app.
Pick any great apps from any online store. What is the first thing that people notice upon launching the app for the first time? The interface. Every app has to find a perfect balance between informative and simple. If one weighs more than the other, then the user experience will decline. Plex does this the best. The navigation menu is far more user-friendly. Anybody can open the app and will know what to do without getting confused.
If you don’t feel like searching, then there are categories of tags available for you at the front page. Users will also be allowed to filter the search results by the title, years, actors, and many more. This is not only exclusive to only one section of the app. You will have access to all of that from every page of the app. While the view might look the same from different platforms or devices, but the easier navigation will still be there to find you’re the right result.
The number one reason why many PlayStation users plex over anything else is the reliability of the app offers to the user. The freedom to stream videos, pictures, music podcasts, and many things from the internet in one suitable place. Plex on PS4 literally turns your gaming system into a multimedia setup box. You will not be bound to only playing online files, as plex gives the user access to their local files as well.
One of the reasons why you see a diverse amount of people from all over the world using plex as their entertainment solution is the support of languages. Plex supports many different popular languages from the world. So, there is no language barrier separating the user from fully experience the app and its features.
You can’t download PS4 Kodi directly from the PlayStation store. But the development team behind Kodi is working hard to make that happen someday. Don’t let it upset you because there are plenty of ways you can install a Kodi-like app on your PS4. Plex happens to be the best of those alternatives. If you want to enjoy the services like Kodi on PS4, then there a few steps you need to follow to make that happen.
How to run Plex on PS4?
You will need an app that functions the same as Kodi; you can enjoy ultra HD TV shows and movies by just simply downloading an app called ‘Plex.’ When it comes to offering functions, plex works the same way as Kodi. How are you going to do that? Don’t worry; we have you covered.
- The first step is to open your PlayStation control.
- Once you are in your PlayStation control store, select PlayStation store
- In the PlayStation store, you are going to see plenty of options on the screen, such as TV shows, movies, Sony rewards, and the Search bar on the top of the page.
- Here, you can do two things to get plex for your PlayStation. Either by filtering it to Popular Option or using the search bar to search for the app Plex.
- When you find the app, just hit download. The option will be there on the plex page.
- The download can take some time to finish. If you have slower internet, then goof off with your phone while the download gets completed.
- Once you see the completion of the download, you don’t have to install it manually, the PlayStation will auto-install the software.
- Congratulations, you have successfully installed plex on your PS4. Now you are ready to enjoy Plex on PS4. Just hang on a little bit to experience the ultra-quality of your favorite shows.
- You can open the plex app through the Start and TV Video Section.
Setting Up Procedure
If you are in this section, then you must have crossed the desert of installation. Here things are much easier. Just follow these steps to get your app ready.
- Upon launching the app, the first thing you are going to see is ‘Adding User‘ information. Which is a common thing to see nowadays from every software?
- Here, you see login with your pre-existing account or sign up with new. Go with new if you are just starting your journey with plex or hit existing for welcome home experience.
- Here, a code will get made, and the app will give you a link. Just open the link, then it will direct you to their Home Page.
- Now, all you have to do is enter the code; then, you are going to get a notification ‘App linked‘ from the Plex app.
- You might get an error message saying ‘App cannot be able to connect to the media server.’ There is no reason to freak-out.
- Just take out your smartphone, go to Google Play and then download the ‘Plex for Android‘ app.
- Once the app is downloaded, sign in into the app with your plex account.
- Just one last step, go to the Settings menu and enable the Show camera roll media. Advertise as the server, Network discovery.
Whew! The technical part is now done; it is time to experience what it can offer. If you followed every step mentioned above, you would have a plex on PS4 and on the phone, which will work just the same as Kodi for PS4. If your PlayStation and your smartphone are connected to the same network, then you can access all the videos and media files on your PS4 through your smartphone.
Besides, regarding the issue of NAT type failed PS4, click to fix it now.
Conclusion on Kodi on PS4
Kodi has long been the favorite by many communities on the internet. Using Kodi on PS4 machine doesn’t sound like it’s going to happen any time soon. Plex seems to be a great alternative to the PS4 Kodi and puts a lot of great stuff on the table. Instead of waiting, give plex a try. Simplistic UI, user-friendly navigation might sway you away from Kodi for a little moment.