Killer E2200 Gigabit Ethernet Controller is one of the best functions of the E2200 motherboard by the gigabyte. Installing a proper driver to run a Killer E2200 Gigabit Ethernet Controller on the E2200 can be an annoying task. Doing it manually will take up a lot of your time. That’s why in this article, you are going to find all the ingredients you will need to make the ethernet controller run on the E2200 motherboard without any problem. If for some reason, you can’t access or update your ethernet controller driver on your gigabyte motherboard, then solutions are listed below in the article.
Gigabyte e2200 motherboards are a beast of a board packed will all the configuration you need for an amazing workstation and gaming experience. The features that you will get with the motherboard can get a little bit overboard sometimes for the user to figure out everything on the motherboard without anyone’s help. Killer e2200 has all the things that will make your computer otherworld, only if all the drivers necessary installed on your computer. Out of all the features of the motherboard, one that sticks out the most is the keyword.
Features of Killer E2200 Gigabit Ethernet Controller
So the general question would be, what is the Killer E2200 Gigabit Ethernet Controller? And what makes Killer E2200 Gigabit Ethernet Controller better? Compares to standard network modules, Killer E2200 Gigabit Ethernet Controller offers more to the table. Developed by Qualcomm Atheros, the ethernet controller will make the network speed faster and better gaming experience for multiplayer gaming. But what’s in the motherboard that makes all of it possible?
* Killer E2200 Gigabit Ethernet Controller features digital steam detection technology that will detect all the network coming to the controller, but after that, it will send the connection based on your priority of the software and apps. By focusing all of the networks on one specific route, this will boost the speed of connection to that specific program that is at the end of that route. If you are into multiplayer games, then you can’t go wrong with the e2200 gigabit ethernet model.
* Killer E2200 Gigabit Ethernet Controller will give you a higher amount of frames per second without being choppy. The high-quality stream media function allows the computer for smoother gameplay on the games without any stutter or lag slowing the game down. Which can be very annoying in a multiplayer or if you are just into watching moving or tv shows. The e2200 will generate more traffic than any other ethernet controller in the market, giving you the best experience for gaming and entertainment.
Besides, learn more about how to disable Lavasoft Web Companion easily.
How to Use Killer E2200 Gigabit Ethernet Controller?
If you have a Killer E2200 Gigabit Ethernet Controller on your system, but you are not getting any access to all these functions. Then you need a proper drive to turn on all the functions. So you can start enjoying the services too. Otherwise, you are just running the whole computer on default settings. To control all the functions of the motherboard manually might not be a thing that most people would get into, as most people want to do what they want to do with the computer without sitting through tons of settings. Gigabit packed in so many essential features; it would be foolish to not to turn these settings on for use.
Just like every hardware in the world, it needs software, if you want to use all the features to its full potential. The driver is important; not all hardware shares the same type of software. They could share the same type of functionalities, but installing a driver that belongs to the same piece of hardware will make the features gets used better. And it will keep your ethernet controller in good condition. That is by making the ethernet controller driver up to date.
How to Download Killer E2200 Gigabit Ethernet Controller
Method 1: Download the Drivers
Then the question becomes, how? There are two ways you can download the driver for your Killer E2200 Gigabit Ethernet Controller. The first method is by going through the device manager mode. Device manager is not an additional software that you have to download. It is a pre-installed function that comes with the Windows OS without requiring you to download it.
- First, you need to connect your desktop to the internet. Faster is better.
- Then you have to open the device manager, which can be done by just putting the name on the search bar. Or by opening your ‘This PC.’ right-click on the ‘This PC.’ This where you will see a list of functions just hit ‘manage.’ Then you will have access to the device manager.
- Once you are in the device manager, you will see plenty of things with their own subcolumns. This can be a little overwhelming. But we are here to get drivers for *keyword. So just click on the ‘Network Adapters.’
- Once expanded, there will be a dozen adapters, just right in front of your face, if you don’t have any driver installed to access specific features of the motherboard. Then you will see an exclamation mark underneath the icon to that feature.
- In-network adapter section, you might see many devices that will have the exclamation mark. It doesn’t matter, once you are inside the network adapters, just right click on the *keyword. And then select ‘Update Driver.’
- This will prompt a new window, where the computer will ask you where to look for updates to the specific device. It will either from the internet or your local device if you have downloaded the driver on your local drive. Then you can choose to do it locally by manually setting the directory to the download folder.
- If you have decided to go with ‘Search automatically for updated driver software,’ then the computer will look up the driver details on the internet. After finding the right one for your system, it will download and install it.
- If the dialogue box says, ‘Your computer already has the latest driver.’, then you have to uninstall the old driver first before installing a new one. You can uninstall the driver in the same way you can update the driver. Just hit right click then choose to uninstall the driver from the list. This will fast effective. After the uninstallation, you can install the driver once again to see if it works.
- After the installation of the new driver is complete, then you can reconnect to the internet network to see if the driver installation did the trick or not.
This may work for some users, but for the people who still can’t active the *keyword. There is another method to activate ethernet.
Method 2: Using Driver Easy
Some of you may not like the idea of messing with system settings and installing the driver manually, the old fashion way if you don’t have any experience doing things manually. Then you might create more problems instead of solving them. For those people, there is another way to activate the Killer E2200 Gigabit Ethernet Controller without rummaging a function in the setting option. There is a software you can download to fix the problem, and it will be faster and secure.
Driver Easy is the best software to fix your driver issue on your computer without making you add any information regarding the driver you want to download. As the software features automatic analyzation of the system configuration, then it shows up all the drivers necessary for the feature on the motherboard to function. It will automatically detect the best available for your motherboard; it will automatically detect the version of the OS, product, BIOS, and many more.
So, you can just lay back and decide what version to install, or you just left the decision to the software so that it will pick up the daily maintenance of all the hardware of the computer. The software itself is not complicated at all; it is easier to install and navigate through all the functions inside the board.
- Download the Driver Easy, Just Google it. After you find the software download by choosing the right platform, pick the right operating system, then hit download. After that, install the software.
- Here is where you run Driver Easy. Upon launching, you will see a big button saying ‘Scan Now.’ Click on it; it will scan everything that is connected to your computer. And find the best available software for that specific function.
- After the scanning, then Driver Easy will list out all the updates and drivers missing from your computer. Here you have the option to download each software one by one, or you can hit ‘Update all‘ at the top to download all the software.
- That’s it. You won’t have to deal with the problem any longer.
Conclusion on Killer E2200 Gigabit Ethernet Controller Downloads
Killer E2200 Gigabit Ethernet Controller is one of the best things about the motherboard, but using your require you to have all the proper driver that is compatible with the motherboard and the OS version. Finding the proper one on the internet will be tedious. That’s why driver easy and methods listed above provide an excellent solution to fix the Killer E2200 Gigabit Ethernet Controller problem in your motherboard.