Many apple users have reported online that they can’t seem to install iTunes because of the Fix iTunes6464.msi missing from their system. If you are facing this error on your system, there is no need to panic over it, as this is one of the most common errors that people get installing iTunes in their system. Here, let’s go through why the system shows iTunes6464.msi missing error and what are the reasons behind this error occurring on your computer.
Know more about ‘iTunes6464.msi missing’ Error
iTunes6464.msi missing will prevent you from installing the application of your system. It can be very persistent before we jump down to the solution to fix iTunes6464.msi missing error on your system. First, we have to know everything about the error. Exactly what is iTunes6464.msi?
The prominent reason why you see this error on your windows computer is the corruption of windows registry keys that are linked with iTunes6464.msi key file. If the MSI file is infected with malware or virus, then it can corrupt the whole database that is attached to that file. Hence iTunes6464.msi missing error on your computer. If you see this error on the screen, don’t worry, there are plenty of methods that you can follow to prevent the error from popping up on your computer and disable it to fix it.
Most of the methods that will be mentioned on the list will have their own instructions that you need to follow for a proper handle of the error. Miss a beat, then you have to start from scratch, in some cases. So read all tutorial carefully, and then implement it on your computer. So you won’t have to see iTunes6464.msi missing error at the outcome.
Method 1: Fix iTunes6464.msi missing by Checking HDD for ERRORS
Many users online have reported fixing their iTunes6464.msi missing error by checking on their HDD. If you are facing the problem on your computer, then you certainly try to use this method to fix the problem on your computer. Follow the instructions below to know how to check the HDD for errors.
- First, you have to open up CMD on your computer. You can do that by pressing Windows + R key on the keyboard, then type in CMD, and press Enter.
- Make sure to run it as an administrator. So you will see c:\windows\system32 on the cmd menu.
- Here type in chkdsk /r /f and then press ‘enter.’
- This will check all the problems and errors in your HDD and perform a check at the end.
After a restart, the windows would try to fix the broken files before the opening of the profile on your computer. This will take quite a while. So be patient. After that, your computer will be error-free. If this method didn’t work out, then you can switch to the next method on the line.
Method 2: Fix iTunes6464.msi missing by Checking on Windows Installer Service
This service might solve the iTunes6464.msi missing issue that you are facing on your system. Follow up to fix it now.
- Open the services app by the search bar.
- Now look for the windows installer on the list of services that you see on the list.
- Double click on the windows installer service. Go on to the general tab to see if the service is running or not.
- As most of the problems on the computer will show up if the windows installer service is disabled;
- If the service is stopped, then click on the start button, then click ok.
This will fix the problem for you, as you can start installing the iTunes again without seeing iTunes6464.msi missing error on your system again.
Method 3: Fix iTunes6464.msi missing by Deleting Registry Key
Most of the problem can also occur on a system by a corrupted registry file; some people opt out to download iTunes6464.msi download, to do it in a manual way. While it can solve the problem, it is not a guaranteed affair for all the users. Deleting the specific registry key will have the potential to solve the issue. Follow all the instructions below to delete the registry off the computer.
- Open Run by pressing Windows Key + R at the same time.
- On the Run, write Regedit, then press Enter.
- This will launch the Registry Editor; here you need to find iTunes6464.msi.
- If it sounds complicated, then go to Edit > Find. This will help you find the iTunes6464.msi file on your computer.
- After you found the right registry file, right-click on the file then hit Delete.
This would delete the registry file off the computer. This will solve the iTunes6464.msi missing error from your computer.
Method 4: Fix iTunes6464.msi missing by using Tunesfix in 1-click
If you found the above methods way too complicated for your taste, there is a simpler method you can try to remove the iTunes6464.msi missing error off your computer in no time. Tunesfix is the software you need to get rid of the error of the system, so you can install the iTunes without facing any new error on the way as the software here provides more features that not only help you install the software, as it will be a great fixing app if you ever feel slowdown on iTunes or if iTunes is not acting according to the way it used to before.
That is why so many people have download Tunesfix to fix the iTunes problem and maintain it on a daily basis. The automatic scan and the repair features make this software one of a kind. That’s not only it. Tunesfix is loaded with other features that will help you hit the right optimization of your software to proper control. As it will maintain the speed of the software every single day, so you won’t feel any bumps on the road—the program bosts to solve 100+ iTunes problems by just a simple click.
If you are facing iTunes6464.msi missing, then you can surely use this method to deal with your problem. Just learn how to do it now.
- Download iMyFone TunesFix from their website; Make sure to allow the app through the firewall so you don’t need to deal with any issue while installing the app.
- Upon launching the app, you see the Tunesfix will automatically scan for the problem that is clouding over the iTunes. This will take a while for the app to summarize all the errors that are found in your system. All the errors will be listed on a menu.
- So you will take a good look at all the errors that have been causing the iTunes6464.msi missing error on your system.
- At the bottom of the list, you will see the Repair button. Click on it to solve all the problems that you are facing on your iTunes as it will clean up every error on the software.
- To be sure, go to the Fix other iTunes Problems mode, click on the Repair button.
- This will start the repair process on the computer. This will consume some time, but the bar will be there to show you the repair progress on the app.
- Once the bar reaches the magic number of 100, then you will have a proper system with your hand.
Method 5: Fix iTunes6464.msi missing by TunesCare Effortlessly
Here is another reliable software that you can use to get rid of the iTunes6464.msi missing error off the screen. This powerful software will help you fix all sorts of errors from your iTunes software in a single click of the button. It supports the newer version of iTunes, and it is simple to get into. It is one of the best alternative software to TunesFix; you can either switch between the two software to fix the problem. TunesCare will provide you easier to navigate User interface with all the features that are directly on the home screen. Not cluttering it.
- Download TunesCare & install it on PC. After installation, launch the app.
- Here you need to click the ‘Fix All iTunes Issues‘ option to start the process. If you are having some sync problems with your iTunes, you can opt-out to the Fix iTunes Sync Problems later.
- If your iTunes doesn’t work, then the software will help you troubleshoot the issues.
- Here you have to click on repair iTunes. The software will automatically repair all the iTunes errors and download all the necessary components that are required to run the process.
- That’s it; you will not see the error iTunes6464.msi missing error ever again on the computer.
Now you can go back to the setup file of iTunes and install it back again. If you are facing any error after installation of the app, then you have TunesCare ready to fix all problems right away. There is a trial period of the app; if you find it useful, then you can get the whole program later.
If you follow all the steps mentioned above, then you won’t have to worry about the iTunes6464.msi missing error popping up on your device whenever you try to install iTunes on your computer. You can opt-out to download iTunes6464.msi download on your computer to fix the problem. But make sure to follow all the methods, because downloading an MSI file has a lower chance to fix the problem. That is why a careful understanding of the registry file will lead you to find the proper solution for the problem.