“How do I fix error 9006? It occurred several times on my Windows PC when I tried to restore my iPhone through iTunes. What does this mean? Can anyone tell me how to fix it?”
You are reading this guide probably because you are experiencing the same issue mentioned above. The above phrase is copied from a help forum where iPhone users share their expertise and experiences.
It is true that iTunes runs very smoothly and solidly pretty much all the time. However, even iTunes can experience some errors at least once in a while and frustrate users. Error 9006 is one of those issues that can arise suddenly and prevent a smooth user experience. With that said, this article comprises the good news for those who ask, “how do I fix error 9006“. In other words, this guide will explain how to fix iTunes error 9006 and get it back to normal.
What causes iTunes error 9006?
In general, iTunes error 9006 occurs when a user tries to update their iOS device using iTunes. This issue relates not only to iPhones but also to iPads. Before we answer the question “how do I fixe Error 9006”, let’s find out the reasons behind it. The truth is that there are several reasons behind this error. We list them below for your reference.
- Error 9006 can occur specifically when the Apple server is busy. It can be the most common issue associated with this error. When the Apple server gets busy, iTunes cannot necessarily communicate with it and then shows Error 9006.
- Sometimes, the failures in your network connection can trigger this error.
- In addition to that, some software issues can trigger such issues. For instance, if the system fails to download the IPSW file (to update software), it can trigger this error.
Before you move to the real fixes, we suggest you go through the list below. The aspects mentioned in this list should be able to fix minor issues associated with iTunes.
- Check if you have a solid internet connection with enough data on it. The internet connection must have a decent speed as well.
- Quit iTunes once and relaunch it to see if the error is gone.
- If you have not updated iTunes to its latest version, get it updated and see if it works.
- Restart the iOS device and your computer once. Then, see if the issue persists.
- Disable the firewalls and antivirus programs installed on your computer temporarily. Then, try to use iTunes and see if it works correctly.
- Check if the USB port is working correctly.
- Check if the data cable is damaged.
PS: here are the top solutions for the issue like iTunes has an invalid signature during the installation or iPhone stuck on the iTunes logo for you.
Okay… How do I fix error 9006?
Now that you know the possible reasons behind the error and minor aspects to check. Let’s learn the fixes. In this case, we will explain several ways to fix it and use your iTunes as normal.
01. Download IPSW manually and fix iTunes error 9006
As we mentioned before, Error 9006 can appear because of a lost or corrupted IPSW file. If that is the case, please download the IPSW file manually. Please follow the below guide in order to download it manually. If everything goes fine, this fix will allow you to update or restore your iOS device through iTunes successfully.
- As the first step, you should download the IPSW file through an official website. To do that, you should visit https://ipsw.me and download the most appropriate file for your iOS device.
- Once the downloading is completed, you should open iTunes on the Windows computer. Then, locate its section called “Summary.”
- Now, press the Shift key and hold it. Then, please click on the option called “Update” or “Restore” based on your requirement.
- Now, a file browser will be opened, and it will prompt to choose an IPSW file. You should now navigate to the place where you have downloaded the file just before. Then, select the IPSW file. As a result, the iOS device will be restarted or updated without experiencing iTunes error 9006.
02. Use iMyFone TunesFix and fix Error 9006
If the above solution doesn’t solve the issue, you can rely on this tool and get it fixed. iMyFone TunesFix is considered to be one of the best tools in the market that can solve various issues. In fact, it can fix a large range of iTunes-related issues very fast and conveniently. For instance, it can fix if your iTunes is missing any important components. In general, fixing such issues associated with iTunes is not that easy if you do it manually. So, the fastest and the most convenient way to address this issue is by using a professional third-party tool. One of the best tools you can use in this case is iMyFone TunesFix. This tool is packed with a variety of features to fix issues that relate to iTunes.
Key features of iMyFone iTunesFix
Here are the most notable features of iMyFone iTunesFix.
- It can address more than 100 issues related to iTunes. For instance, it can fix the issue of backup and restore issues, installation issues, update issues, and so on.
- Single-click operation to fix iTunes-related issues without wasting your time.
- It can optimize the performance of iTunes as it cleans up all the junk. In fact, it can get more than a 2X speed boost for your iTunes.
- The vast majority of iTunes users across the globe consider TunesFix as their iTunes maintenance tool.
How do I fix error 9006 using TunesFix?
Now, let’s take a look at the steps you should follow in order to fix iTunes error 9006.
- First, download and install iMyFone TunesFix on the computer. After that, you should launch it.
- Then, you should launch iTunes as well. When iTunes is opened, TunesFix will perform a scan and detect the potential issues associated with it. Then, it will notify you about the error.
- Once the software’s problem is detected, you should click on the option called “Repair.”
- In general, pressing the “Repair” button can address pretty much all the issues associated with iTunes. However, some complex issues can remain even after using the “Repair” method. In that case, you should go to the option called “Fix Other iTunes Problems.” This is a very advanced method that digs deep into the issue and fixes it.
- At the completion of the repairing process, you can go back to your iTunes and use it.
03. Use dr.fone – iTunes Repair to fix iTunes error 9006
dr.fone – iTunes Repair is another professional third-party tool that can fix any iTunes-related issue. This special tool has a very smart algorithm to deal with various issues pertaining to iTunes. It can easily identify and solve the corrupted files or outdated files in iTunes. If you have this powerful tool, you don’t have to run for a technician to fix your iTunes. So, dr.fone – iTunes Repair could be your solution to address Error 9006 on your iTunes version.
Features of dr.fone – iTunes Repair
Here are some of the most notable features associated with dr.fone – iTunes Repair for your reference.
- It fixes a variety of issues pertaining to iTunes (including iTunes error 9006, error 4013, error 4015, etc.
- It is one of the most reliable ways to fix any connection and syncing issues of iTunes.
- And it doesn’t cause any data loss when repairing your iTunes, which is a great advantage.
- Powerful, fast, and safe.
How to fix Error 9006 using dr.fone – iTunes Repair
Here’s how to fix Error 9006 on iTunes using iTunes Repair.
- Download and install dr.fone – iTunes Repair on your PC. Then, launch the software.
- Once you are in the main interface, click on the option called “Repair.” You can then go to “iTunes Repair.” Now, connect the iOS device to the same computer.
- After that, choose the option called “Repair iTunes Connection Issues.” It will check and fix all the issues related to connectivity. Then, check if the Error 9006 is gone.
- If you still see Error 9006, you should choose the option called “Repair iTunes Errors.” It will fix potential issues pertaining to iTunes components. Once you have done that, iTunes will get fixed for most users.
- If the problem still persists, you should go to the option called “Advanced Repair.” It will perform a deep scan on iTunes and help you get out of the situation.
Both iMyFone iTunesFix and dr.fone – iTunes Repair are excellent tools that can repair iTunes-related errors easily. Those who wonder “how do I fix Error 9006” can use one of those tools. One of the best advantages associated with these tools is the amount of time they save. Also, they can repair iTunes-related errors without necessarily losing any data. If you know better ways of fixing iTunes, please share your knowledge with us. Also, please leave us a comment below about what you think about this article.