If you frequently make use of Apple products like iPad and iPhone, you might find some problems when it comes to its connection with iOS devices; one of these errors is the iTunes error 0xe80000a, or simply known as error 0xe80000a. If this error appears, it means that iTunes could not connect to your iPad or iPod.
This error is quite troublesome as you will not be able to use iTunes to manage your iOS devices like iPhone, iPad, or iPod from your Windows-operated computer. This error is mostly seen in iOS devices that have been updated to the latest iOS 13.4 via iTunes. As soon as this iTunes error 0xe80000a appears, your internet connection speed might drop, or new files start appearing or disappearing. But why does this error appear?
Why does the iTunes error 0xe80000a occur?
The iTunes error 0xe80000a mostly appears when your computer is unable to establish a connection with your Apple device. This can be due to a lot of different factors like:
1. Malfunctioning process
One of the reasons why the iTunes error 0xe80000a occurs is because the iTunes processes are unable to function properly. To solve this problem, you can simply stop the processes that are giving you trouble and then try reconnecting your device.
2. Incomplete installation of iTunes
Partial or incomplete installation of iTunes on Windows can cause the iTunes error 0xe80000a. This issue can also occur if the installation process is not done properly and left incomplete.
3. A damaged cable or USB port
A damaged USB port or cable can be one of the reasons your iOS device shows the iTunes error 0xe80000a. If you see this error, you need to check whether your cable or USB port is functioning properly.
Some other common reasons include:
- Your iTunes version could be outdated, which is why your iOS device is not incompatible with it.
- Poor connection between your iOS device and iTunes
- Conflict of processes working in your system’s background
Of course, there is no denying that the iTunes error 0xe80000a is quite irritable and annoying; however, there are some easy solutions to this problem. With this article’s help, you will be able to get rid of this problem for good.
Method 1: Fixing the iTunes error 0xe80000a on iTunes
If you are looking for a quick and easy solution to the iTunes error 0xe80000a, it has been recommended by experts that you make use of iMyFone TunesFix. This tool has been considered one of the top solutions for solving this error. It is quite simple to understand and use.
What are some features of iMyFone TunesFix?
- Repairing all sorts of problems and errors in iTunes, like iTunes error 54
- You can uninstall iTunes and erase all data from the program’s installation files.
- The tool will boost iTunes’ performance with a single click and update it with the latest version.
- Making use of the tool will help you repair iTunes safely and without losing any file.
- The program works fast, and your iOS devices will be back to normal within a minute or two.
- The tool has been designed specifically to solve the iTunes error 0xe80000a in one click.
Apart from solving the iTunes error 0xe80000a, the tool will be able to solve a wide range of problems like:
- Repairing other iTunes problems, including iOS, restore issues, iOS update error, and other errors like 9006, 3014, 4005, 1611, and 1004
- Solving restore/backup errors like 3004, 2009, 3212, 39, 3194, and 14
- Fixing install/update errors on iTunes like insufficient privileges, Apple Mobile Device Service failed to start, iTunes/iTunesHelper was not installed correctly, 126, 127, 2, 2503, etc.
How does iMyFone TunesFix work?
If you want to get rid of the iTunes error 0xe80000a problem permanently, all you need to do is follow the steps mentioned below:
Start the iMyFone TunesFix tool, and it will start detecting iTunes and its important components automatically. If the tool detects that your iTunes or any of its components are damaged, you will be shown the error, and you can choose to repair it.
As soon as the repair starts, you can connect your iPhone with your computer and check whether iTunes is working or not. If it still does not work, you will see the homepage. Here, you will see all the options that can help you fix different issues on iTunes; to do this, you need to tap on the ‘Repair iTunes Connect Issues‘ button.
To start the repair process, you need to click on ‘Repair.’ Once the repairing process is complete, your iTunes should start functioning normally.
Method 2: Uninstalling and reinstalling your iTunes
As mentioned above, one of the reasons you see the iTunes error 0xe80000a is because some components are missing. In this case, you need to uninstall iTunes, download it again, and reinstall the program.
You can uninstall iTunes and its components manually. Below are the components that need to be removed:
- Apple Software Update
- Apple Mobile Device Support
- Apple Application Support
To remove these components, you need to tap on Start, then on Apps and Features, and click on all the components as mentioned above files.
Alternatively, you can also use this method for a Windows computer:
- Open the Run Command by tapping on the Windows key and R button.
- Next, you need to type in ‘appwiz.cpl‘ and then hit the Enter button.
- Here, you need to look for iTunes and tap on the Uninstall button. Once done, head to the recycle bin and empty it to remove all the remaining contents.
- Next, you need to delete the remaining iTunes files by heading to the %programfiles% directory; to do this, open the Run Command and type in the previously-mentioned command and tap on Enter.
- Here, you need to look for folders like iPod, Bonjour, iTunes, etc. and delete them. Then, head back to the Control Panel and uninstall Bonjour from here.
- You need to right-click on the iTunes.app file, which will be in the Applications folder; tap on Get Info.
- Then, you need to tap on the Padlock icon and type in your Admin Password.
- From here, you need to expand ‘Sharing & Permissions‘ and set to Read and Write for ‘Everyone.’
- You then need to drag the iTunes icon on the desktop to the Trash.
- You have to enter the ‘Activity Monitor‘ and start the app.
- Look for iTunes Helper and delete it.
- Then, head to Library, Preferences, and them remove every file that has ‘com.apple.itunes‘ at the start.
Tip: When you use these processes, you need to ensure that you have completely erased iTunes and every single component before proceeding to the re-installation process. If not, you will again see the iTunes error 0xe80000a. In both the manual uninstallation processes mentioned above, you will have to cover a lot of steps and do so cautiously.
Hence, these processes are not recommended; instead, you can simply make use of iMyFone TunesFix; this tool offers the ‘Full Uninstall‘ option that allows you to uninstall all components of iTunes, without any residual issues.
Method 3: Trying to fix the iTunes error 0xe80000a manually on Windows
If you make use of a Windows 10 computer, you can follow the steps mentioned below to solve the iTunes error 0xe80000a on your iTunes:
- You need to connect your iOS device to your computer and close iTunes.
- Then, tap on Alt+Control+Delete on your keyboard to open the Task Manager.
- After you open the Task Manager, you need to sort all the processes by Image Name. Look for all process that starts with ‘Apple‘ and kill it. To do this, right-click on the process and tap on ‘End Task‘ or ‘End Process.’ To complete this entire step, ensure that you end the ‘AppleMobileDeviceHelper.exe.’
Tap on the Windows Key and R button to open the Run Command. Once it opens, you need to copy and paste the following command in the text box:
- For 32-bit OS – %ProgramFiles%\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\AppleMobileDeviceHelper.exe
- For 64-bit OS – %ProgramFiles(x86)%\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\AppleMobileDeviceHelper.exe
Once this is done, you can open iTunes to check whether the iTunes error 0xe80000a problem has been solved or not.
You should remember that this method can only be used for computers that run on Windows OS. You also need to know some details about your computer. If you are not a tech-geek or have almost no idea about its operation, it is recommended that you look for another method.
Besides, here are the top solutions for you to fix iTunes is waiting for Windows update to install the driver for this iPhone issue easily.
Method 4: Resetting the iTunes lockdown folder to fix ‘iTunes Error 0xe80000a’
This is a fact that most people don’t know about – iTunes has a Lockdown folder in Windows computers. Here, all the security certificates of previously-connected Apple devices that were connected to iTunes on your computer. To delete the security certificates, you need to delete this entire lockdown folder.
To do this, you need to follow the steps mentioned below:
- First, you need to tap on the Windows button and R key together and enter %AppData%.
- Next, you have to open the ‘Apple‘ folder; here, you will find a directory that is labeled as ‘Lockdown,’ which you need to delete.
- After you delete the directory, you can relaunch iTunes and check whether the iTunes error 0xe80000a has been solved or not.
If you see the error, it might be because of the certificate validity; after this, you should not see the error again.
Method 5: Updating iTunes and Windows to fix ‘iTunes Error 0xe80000a’
According to a lot of users, the iTunes error 0xe80000a occurs mostly because you use an outdated version of iTunes or Windows. If you want to get the latest updates, it is recommended that you update your iTunes; additionally, the latest update will also minimize the chances of the iTunes error 0xe80000a.
Additionally, it is a good idea to check whether you have installed the latest updates for your Windows computer as well. Download and install all these updates, reinstall iTunes, and try again. For updating any pending Windows update, just follow the steps mentioned below:
- Tap on the Windows key, and I button at the same time.
- You then need to head to the Update and Security tab.
- Here, you need to tap on the ‘Check for Updates‘ button on the right-hand side.
- Your computer will then scan and check for updates and look for any downloads that are pending. Once prompted, you need to download these updates and then hit on Restart.
- Once your system reboots, you need to update your iTunes application.
Method 6: Disabling the security software and antivirus on Windows
At times, it is a possible scenario that the antivirus software that you have installed in your system might be blocking the iTunes application, which leads to the iTunes error 0xe80000a. Your antivirus program does this to check whether it is a security risk. Hence, you can disable your antivirus program on your Windows computer for some time and then try to run iTunes. If the iTunes error 0xe80000a was occurring due to the antivirus blockage, you should not see it as soon as it is disabled.
In such cases, you have two available options – you can uninstall the previous antivirus program and make use of a new one. Or else, you can simply make an exception for the iTunes file so that the program is not flagged as harmful.
Final thoughts about iTunes Error 0xe80000a
With the help of all these methods, you should be able to get rid of the iTunes error 0xe80000a problem. This error is quite common and can happen at any time. To solve this issue, it is recommended that you make use of iMyFone TunesFix. With this tool’s help, you will be able to solve almost any type of error with a single click! It will also improve the performance of iTunes by updating the program and clear up your cache.