One of the most popular music players for iOS devices is iTunes. Majorly known for its music collections, iTunes is also a home for several videos and podcasts. You can sign in to your iTunes account and easily access your music library with any iDevice. If you love music, then this might be one of the most used apps on your iPhone.
In spite of its amazing features, iTunes has been facing some issues obstructing the music experience expected by its users. Many iOS users have recently reported an issue on iTunes that shows the error message pop-up “iTunes cannot read the contents of the iPhone.” This pop-up also asks you to restore the factory settings of your iDevice.
Many users directly click on the ok button and face data loss issues due to this. We do not recommend the solution suggested by the pop-up message since it is very risky, and it can delete important information on your iPhone. If you would like to fix the “iTunes cannot read the contents of the iPhone” error without any data loss, then continue reading this article.
Reasons for the error “iTunes cannot read the contents of the iPhone”
The Apple team has not yet been able to figure out an accurate reason for why this problem occurs on iTunes. But there could be several things that may have caused this issue on your iTunes. Let us take a look at some of the reasons why this error can occur.
- 1. A broken or corrupt database file on iTunes may be responsible for this error. A corrupted database file can prevent iTunes to sync properly with your iDevice, and the syncing issue can eventually lead to the error “iTunes cannot read the contents of the iPhone.”
- 2. An additional program transfer may have a conflict with iTunes.
- 3. Some files on your iTunes may be written by third-party software, which may result in this error.
- 4. If your iTunes is not recently updated, it may also be the reason for this minor glitch.
How to fix the “iTunes cannot read the contents of the iPhone” error
In order to fix the error of “iTunes cannot read the contents of the iPhone” you need to follow the below-mentioned methods:
1. One-click solution to the error “iTunes cannot read the contents of the iPhone”
All your iTunes problems can be easily solved with one click with the help of iMyFone TunesFix. It is a professional tool for repairing iTunes issues. Here are some of its features:
- Single-click feature to solve all iTunes issues
- Boost iTunes by removing caches, cookies, and junk files
- File backup option
- Automatically repair problems in iTunes
How to use iMyFone TunesFix to fix “iTunes cannot read the contents of the iPhone” error
Follow these steps to remove all the errors from your iTunes with iMyFone TunesFix:
- Step 1: Start “iMyFone TunesFix” on the PC. Your iTunes will be detected.
- Step 2: A list of corrupted or lost files will appear.
- Step 3: Now, click on the button of “Repair.”
iMyFone TunesFix will start repairing the broken files on your iTunes, ultimately removing all the errors.
2. Re-install or update iTunes
Another effective method to solve this error is to delete iTunes from your device and reinstall it again. To reinstall iTunes on your iDevice, you must also uninstall all its relevant software components. Follow these two ways to remove iTunes completely:
Simplest and Quickest Way to Entirely Remove iTunes
iMyFone TunesFix allows you to entirely remove iTunes as well as its pertinent software with just once click. You just need to opt for the mode of Full Uninstall, which will automatically delete iTunes from your device.
Manually delete iTunes
- Step 1: Go to the Control Panel and click on Programs.
- Step 2: Choose “Programs and Features” and then uninstall iTunes, Apple Software Update, Apple Mobile Device Support, Bonjour, Apple Application Support 32-bit, and Apple Application Support 64-bit.
- Step 3: In case two Apple Application Support versions are installed on your device, you need to uninstall both the versions. Also, uninstall them in a similar order as given in step 2.
- Step 4: After you uninstall them, restart your PC, download, and then install the most recent iTunes version from the original Apple site.
3. Rectify Corrupted iTunes database files
As we mentioned that a broken or corrupted file might cause an interruption leading to “iTunes cannot read the contents of the iPhone” error. Therefore, you can try fixing the database folder to get rid of this error. By following the given instructions, you can fix a corrupted database folder on your iTunes.
- Step 1: If your iPhone is linked to your computer, disconnect it.
- Step 2: Go to the iTunes library and select a corrupted song file in your playlist.
- Step 3: Click on the “Delete” option.
- Step 4: Restart your iPhone and check if the “iTunes cannot read the contents of the iPhone” error still exists on iTunes.
4. Re-sync your iTunes library
If some songs in your iTunes library do not sync properly with your iDevice, then it may result in some errors. Try the following steps to fix syncing issues on iTunes:
- Step 1: Go to the library of iTunes on your iDevice.
- Step 2: Refresh the iTunes playlists.
- Step 3: Re-sync your iDevice with iTunes by connecting it to the computer using a USB cable.
You can also try fixing this problem by de-authorizing your computer and re-authorizing it again. By following these steps, you can re-authorize your computer:
- Step 1: Open the iTunes library on computer. Click on the ‘Store‘ tab in the menu bar.
- Step 2: Select ‘Deauthorize This Computer‘ from the dropdown menu and sign out from the iTunes account.
- Step 3: Restart the system and open the iTunes library again.
- Step 4: Press the ‘Store‘ tab and select the option ‘Authorize This Computer.’
6. An alternative to fixing the “iTunes cannot read contents of the iPhone” error
A lot of iOS users like using alternative file transferring tools for iTunes. iMyFone TunesMate is another third-party tool that can help you transfer your iTunes files easily, which can help you in avoiding various issues and bugs, including “iTunes cannot read the contents of the iPhone.” With the help of iMyFone TunesMate, you can achieve a smooth, flawless, and glitch-free experience of iTunes.
Features of iMyFone TunesMate
If the above-mentioned solutions do not work and iTunes fails to fix your problem, then we suggest you rebuild your iTunes library via iMyFone TunesMate. This third party file transfer software for an iDevice is a simple device manager. It simplifies the process of data transfer between your iOS device and iTunes.
iMyFone TunesMate provides a convenient one-click feature for rebuilding your iTunes library and solves all errors immediately, including the “iTunes cannot read the contents of the iPhone” error. This comprehensive program can also rebuild previously corrupted or damaged iTunes library and is a great option for backup. Let us have a look at some interesting features of iMyFone TunesMate.
- Rebuilds the iTunes library with a single click
- Transfers media files from your iDevice to the computer and vice-versa
- Ensures 100% safety during file transfers. No data gets erased or manipulated while syncing.
- Supports all kinds of media files such as music, photos, videos, movies, audiobooks, podcasts, playlists, etc.
- Free from errors and bugs that occur during file transfer in iTunes
- Uninstalls iPhone apps and cache in bulk with just one click
- Transfers un-purchased files with no issues
- Allows users to share their iTunes library and playlists with friends and family
- Helps in transferring files with great speed
Overall, iMyFone TunesMate enhances the features of iTunes, or you can call it a more error-free variation of iTunes. It is 100% compatible with all iOS devices, including iPhone, iPods, iPads with iOS 7.0, and later versions.
Many professional software review websites, such as Geekreply and tricksworldzz.com, recommend iMyFone TunesMate for a better and advanced iOS experience. The user ratings and reviews for iMyFone TunesMate are also very good. So, if you haven’t tried it yet, then give it a chance to improve your iOS device.
How to use iMyFone TunesMate?
iMyFone TunesMate provides an easy and hassle-free user interface. So, do not worry about multiple dialogue boxes and lengthy instructions. It features a straightforward interface where all its categories are listed at the top menu. As soon as you install iMyFone TunesMate on your iDevice, follow these simple instructions:
- Step 1: Go to the home page of the software. You will find an option of ‘Transfer iDevice Media to iTunes.’ Click on it, and iMyFone TunesMate will start scanning all the media files on your device.
- Step 2: A list will appear with checkboxes. Click on the music checkbox and then click ‘Start.’ The files will start to transfer.
By this simple and quick file transferring process, you can remove all the errors from your iTunes.
In this article, we have mentioned different methods to fix the “iTunes cannot read the contents of the iPhone” error. All the solutions mentioned above are highly effective. Some of them require manual effort and may take time. Therefore, iMyFone TunesMate is highly recommended for getting rid of all the errors on your iPhone in just one click, including iTunes cannot read the contents of the iPhone.