Although there are many iOS users, many of them may not be fully aware of iOS 13 IPSW. Even if you may have heard about it, you may not know how to use IPSW to make changes. It is true that both iOS 13 and iOS 13.1 are released in recent times. However, a considerable number of iOS device users still stick to iOS 12. In fact, for a novice user, updating their iOS into version 13 can be an uphill task. They will experience some issues like bugs and errors while updating iOS into 13. But the good news is that we make it easier for our readers through this article.
Part 1: Introduction to IPSW Firmware
Before everything else, it is better to have a good understanding of what iOS 13 IPSW is. That knowledge would be handy if you intend to download the IPSW file and begin the process. In simplest terms, the IPSW file comes in the form of a compressed archive. The term IPSW is used to identify the ‘Apple Device Software Package.’ Once downloaded, the file can be directly read through iTunes and various other iOS administrative tools. Then, you can use it to update the existing iOS system and enjoy the new features. All in all, IPSW can be referred to as a system file that can reset your iPhone.
Part 2: Preparing for iOS 13 IPSW download
If you have decided to download iOS 13 IPSW firmware on your device, please read this before that. In fact, there is some preparation to do before downloading it. If you fail to do those initial checks, you may end up failing to get the update done. Also, you must be patient until the process is completed. As we know, plenty of users end up failing to do it just because they don’t follow the basics. Mentioned below are those basics every user should follow prior to installing iOS 13 IPSW.
- Make sure if your device is compatible with the update.
- Create a back up of your device using tools like iCloud or iTunes.
- Connect the device to a strong & stable Wi-Fi network.
- Make sure that there is enough disk space on the device.
- Make sure that you know the password of your Apple ID.
If your device is jailbroken, it will be switched back to the non-jailbreak state after iOS 13 IPSW download.
Part 3: Instructions on downloading iOS IPSW firmware
It goes without saying that you are here to know how to download iOS 13 IPSW. Many individuals will find it difficult to download it. If you perform a Google search, you will find plenty of guides to do it with different instructions. With that said, mentioned below are the effective methods of installing iOS 13 IPSW firmware on your device.
Method 01: Download the iOS 13 IPSW firmware using OTA on your iOS device
Well, this is the most convenient way to update the device. In fact, all you need is to perform some taps to get the process done. The term OTA update refers to the process of ‘Over-The-Air‘ update. That means you can decide whether to update the iOS device manually or automatically. Whenever a new update is detected to the iOS, you can choose to update it or not. The best thing about it is that it doesn’t need a computer to get the update done. All you need is the respective iOS device, and that’s it. Mentioned below are the steps to follow in order to do it.
- Launch the ‘Settings‘ and then go to ‘General.’ Choose the option called ‘Software Update‘ as well.
- Your device will now look for potential updates. If you find any update now, you should see it. Be sure to tap on the option called ‘Download and Install.’
- However, if you don’t want to do that manually, you can choose the option called ‘Automatic Updates.’ As a result, iOS 13.1 will get installed during the night.
Do you want to install the iOS 13 beta or public beta version on your iOS device? If so, you should join the Apple’s Developer Program and then get a configuration profile downloaded. This is available on their official website. You will then get notification related to iOS beta.
This is the method to use if you have a computer and want to get iOS 13 IPSW downloaded. When you go to IPSW Downloads, you will see that there is an official IPSW firmware directly through their Apple Server. In this section, we will explain how to do it using an iPhone XR version.
- As the first step, you should choose the product ‘iPhone.’
- You will see an option called ‘Choose a Platform.’ Then, you should go to the correct model (in this case, it is iPhone XR).
- You can now see a large range of IPSW firmware files listed down. The options that are marked in green should be chosen (Signed IPSW). Download the iOS 13 IPSW, which is signed and get it saved on the computer.
You cannot necessarily restore unsigned IPSWs using iTunes. That is because iTunes will connect to the Apple servers and thereby request the approval signature.
What if you don’t want to use a website but still want to download iOS 13 IPSW? Well, there is a good solution to that. You can use Tenorshare ReiBoot and download iOS 13 IPSW firmware without any issue. In addition to downloading iOS 13 IPSW, you can use the same tool to repair a variety of issues. For instance, it can repair issues related to upgrading or downgrading the system, frozen iPhone, etc. It can address issues like the black screen of death, the com.apple.mobilephone error 1035, etc. That said, mentioned below are the steps to download iOS 13 IPSW.
- As the first step, you should download and install ReiBoot on your computer. Then, you should launch it and connect the respective iPhone to the same computer. You should then choose the setting icon located towards the upper-right corner. Then, choose the option called ‘Factory Reset iPhone.’
- You should now click on the option called ‘Fix Now‘ to download the firmware. You will be able to see the iPhone model with its firmware version now. And you may save it to the default folder without changing anything. Just click on ‘Download‘ and wait for a couple of minutes.
You can now either reset the iPhone or return to the home screen.
Part 4: Installation of iOS 13 IPSW on an iOS device
Now that you have downloaded the firmware successfully. Let’s learn how to install it. Here is some important information related to this process. Learning how to do it will avoid potential mistakes and incorrect installation as well. If you are an experienced Apple user, you already know that IPSW can be decompressed using iTunes. If not, you can use another third-party tool to decompress it. Otherwise, you cannot open the downloaded file directly.
Use iTunes to install IPSW
We should remind you once again that you cannot restore the IPSW file once it is done. Connect the device to the computer using your USB or lightning to USB-c cable. In addition to that, you must make sure that your iTunes is already updated to its latest version.
- You will now see the iPhone icon towards the upper-left corner. Click on it.
- Then, click on the option called ‘Restore iPhone‘ which is located towards the right pane. Or, you can hold Shift (for Windows) or (Option for Mac) and click on the ‘Restore‘ button on iTunes.
- Now, you should choose the IPSW file, which is already downloaded.
- Follow the instructions now and wait for the process to get completed.
Haven’t you used iTunes before? If so, you shouldn’t worry because there is another way to install the firmware. Therefore, you should use Tenorshare ReiBoot and get the downloaded file installed. In fact, using ReiBoot is easier compared to using iTunes, thanks to its user-interface. You can use this software to fix various issues like iOS system issues.
- As the first step, you should launch ReiBoot and connect your iOS device to the computer. Then, you should go to the ‘Repair Operating System‘ and click on the option ‘Fix Now.’ You can now download the firmware file.
- You will see some tips now. Make sure that you click on ‘Select‘ an import firmware that is downloaded previously. Make sure that you wait for a couple of minutes for the downloading process to get completed. Then, click on the option called ‘Start Repair.’ As a result, the iPhone will get reset without a data loss.
Important: Resolving the issues on your iPhones when installing iOS 13 IPSW
In some cases, you may notice issues when you install iOS 13 IPSW on your iOS device. For instance, getting stuck in the update, get stuck, and show a black screen, stuck on the Apple logo, etc. In addition to that, it may not let you install the update at all. In addition to that, it can give iTunes error as well. That means iTunes will not be able to recognize the iPhone or check the updates. It may even fail to restore the iPhone at all.
As you can see, there is no shortage of issues. However, the good news is that you can address all those issues with ReiBoot – iOS System Repair. In other words, this program can fix a variety of issues in your iOS device without causing data loss. Mentioned below is how to do it.
- Launch ReiBoot and connect the faulty iOS device with the same computer.
- Download Firmware on your computer.
- Once the firmware verification is done, the device will start to get repaired automatically.
- That’s it!
So, that’s what you must know about iOS 13 IPSW. We hope that this article carries important information for you.