“My Instagram stories not working for the past two days. I tried to post a photo in Stories through the gallery as well, but it didn’t work for me. I can just see a black screen. Can someone fix it for me? I have no clue about it. Please!”
We have noticed several queries similar to the above pretty recently on a couple of forums. It looks like a significant number of Instagram users find that their Instagram stories not working. If you are among one of those annoyed Instagram users, you can consider this article as a comprehensive guide. As a matter of fact, the “Instagram stories not working” issue can emerge due to various reasons. Regardless of how it has occurred on your iOS device, let’s learn how to get this issue fixed.
01. Reboot your iOS device if its Instagram stories not working
One of the simplest yet very effective methods to try if Instagram stories not working is performing a restart. In fact, iPhones can start to give some troubles as a result of software glitches. Those minor software glitches can often be fixed just with a restart. Instagram is an app installed on your iPhone too, and it can experience some issues due to minor glitches. With that said, please follow below to reboot your iOS device. Please note that the methods vary depending on the version of the iPhone you use.
● If you are using iPhone X
For iPhone X users, you should press and hold the power button with any volume button. You should hold these buttons until you see the slider on the screen on the device. Then, drag the item so you can turn off the device. Wait for a while and press the power button once again to see the Apple logo.
● If you use an iPhone 7 or older model
If you are using iPhone 7 or an older model, here’s what you should do. First, you should press the power button (which is located on the top or side) and hold it. This will bring up the slider. Now, you should drag the slider and turn the device off. After a while, just press the power button once again to see the Apple Logo.
Now, check if the “Instagram stories not working” is persisting.
02. Force Close the Instagram app if your ‘Instagram Stories Not Working’
Force closing the Instagram app is another simple solution you can try without any complexity. In fact, force closing the app takes only a couple of seconds, and it doesn’t require any third-party apps. Force closing the Instagram app can fix the issue if there is something wrong with the app itself. After all, trying a force closing doesn’t do any harm at all. Therefore, trying a force close should be considered as a solution to this issue.
- When you’re on the home screen, just swipe up from the bottom towards the middle of the screen. If you use an iPhone 8 or an older model, just double tap on the home button. This will lead to the app navigator.
- Once you are on the app navigator, be sure to find the Instagram app. After that, you should close it by swiping it away.
- Once you have done that, simply launch the Instagram app once again and see if it works.
03. Update the Instagram app if your ‘Instagram Stories Not Working’
If the above solution has not worked for you, updating the Instagram app will be the next practical solution. This solution works particularly well if Instagram stories not working after an iOS update. In fact, this can be done simply by following the steps below.
- First, you should tap on the App Store and open it. After that, please tap on the “Updates,” which is located at the bottom of the page.
- Then, please tap on the “Update All.” If not, you should scroll down and locate the Instagram app. Then, you can update it separately.
04. Clear the app cache of Instagram if your ‘Instagram Stories Not Working’
If none of the options have worked for you so far, let’s clear the app cache as well. In many cases, clearing the app cache can solve the issue for many users without much trouble. In fact, clearing the app cache can resolve many errors pertaining to the apps and get them working smoothly. Please follow up below the guide to clear the app cache of Instagram.
- First, you should tap on the “Settings” app on the iPhone to begin the process.
- Now, launch the icon called “General” and then go to iPhone Storage as well.
- Once your storage and data are opened, you should scroll down further and find the option called “Instagram.” You should then see the option that displays the total size of the app.
- Now, you should tap on the same and go to the option called “Delete App.”
- Once the app is uninstalled, you should reinstall the same as a fresh copy.
- Check if the app works.
05. Disable the power saving mode on your iPhone
If you have put your iPhone on Power Saving mode, it can cause some apps to function weirdly. In this case, you should disable the Power Saving mode and see if the iPhone functions as usual. This is also a very simple process that you can accomplish by following the instructions mentioned below.
- Go to the “Settings” & then choose the “Battery.”
- Then, you should turn off the option called “Low Power Mode.”
If not, you can even consider accomplishing the same task through the Control Center.
06. Check if the date and time on the iPhone is correct
You must ensure that the time and the date of the iPhone are correct. In fact, it should be set to update automatically. In order to do that, you should follow the simple steps below.
- Go to “Settings” and choose “General.”
- Then, find the option called “Date & Time” and then turn on the option called “Automatically Update.”
07. Uninstall the Instagram app and reinstall it
If you are yet to succeed even after trying all those methods above, you should try a reinstallation. In this case, you should uninstall the Instagram app from your iPhone and reinstall it through the App Store. Please follow the below steps to perform an Instagram reinstallation.
- First, you should go to your Home Screen and then locate the Instagram app. Now, tap and hold until you see the icons are wiggling.
- You can tap on the “X” icon that can be found next to the app now. Be sure to confirm your action so Instagram will be completely removed from the iPhone.
- Once you have done that, you should go back to the App Store and locate the Instagram app. Then, install the app and check if it works as expected.
If none of the above options have worked for you so far, Tenorshare ReiBoot is the best solution. In fact, Tenorshare ReiBoot can fix any iOS-related issues on your iOS device and make it perform smoothly. ReiBoot is designed specifically for iOS users who want to repair their devices with minimal effort. Also, it allows you to fix the issues in no time with a couple of easy steps. So, if your Instagram stories not working due to an iOS glitch, ReiBoot can surely fix it.
Please find below a guide to fix the issue using ReiBoot.
- First, you should download Tenorshare ReiBoot on your computer and get it installed.
- Now, connect the faulty iPhone to the same computer.
- Click on the “Repair Operating System” option to proceed.
- Once you have done that, click on “Fix Now” as well.
- Hit the option called “Download” so the firmware for the iPhone will be downloaded.
- Wait patiently for a while so the firmware installation will be completed to repair the iPhone.
- Your device will be fixed, and all of its functions will work smoothly.
Well, as you can see, the most convenient solution to use if Instagram stories not working is Tenorshare ReiBoot. It saves your time and addresses all the iOS glitches on your iPhone in no time.