As you know, users get only a storage space of 5GB for free on iCloud. Once you reach the storage limit of iCloud, it becomes a huge problem for users. If you have synced too much data on iCloud, you can face this problem soon.
Most users think to buy more space on iCloud. It seems the only solution for this problem to these users. However, there are other solutions as well to get rid of this problem. You can free up the storage space on iCloud. We are not saying to delete the data altogether but create a backup for the same. You can perform this task in various ways. Let’s move on these amazing ways to resolve the issue of iCloud storage full.
Before moving on, it is important for you to know how to check the storage space on iCloud. If you know this, it is better. If not, you have to pay attention to this. In order to check the storage space, you need to tap “Settings” and then, choose the tab “iCloud”. You can see the storage options like total storage, available space, and manage storage.
Videos and photos generally take a lot of iCloud storage space. It is the main reason that you face the issue of iCloud storage full too soon. Therefore, your first option is to delete videos and photos on the iCloud.
Not delete them altogether; you can create a backup of your important videos and photos beforehand. In this way, you would not part with the precious memories of yours. You can store them on your computer before deleting them from the iCloud account.
Backups also take a lot of storage space on iCloud. These backups are the other reason for iCloud storage full. So, clear these things to create more space on iCloud. You can do this in the following way:
- Visit Settings and tap “iCloud”. From there, select “Storage & Backup”.
- Choose “Manage Storage”.
- After that, switch OFF the button against applications. Only those applications that you do not like to back up. From the prompt window, press “Turn Off & Delete”.
There is another way to get rid of the issue “iCloud storage full”. You can stop to create an unnecessary backup of some applications. For this, you need to follow the instructions as given below.
- Visit Settings and tap “iCloud”.
- Now, select the tab “Storage” and then, “Manage Storage”.
- You need to select a device that you like to manage.
- Under the tab “Backup Options”, switch OFF the toggle against applications that you no longer like to sync with iCloud.
Over some time, several applications bloat as these apps store cache and data locally to perform faster. The act of reinstalling these apps after uninstalling them deletes the cached storage data. It eventually results in creating more storage space on iCloud.
You can know about what all applications take the maximum storage space in a few easy steps. The steps include the following:
- Visit “Settings” on your device and tap “General”.
- Select “Storage & iCloud Usage”. In the section “Storage”, tap “Manage storage”.
- You can see here how much space all applications take on your device. Click against any of these applications and tap “Delete” to uninstall it. You can delete these apps normally by taking them off the Home screen.
If you do not want to take anything off from iCloud, you can opt for the ultimate solution. The best way to get rid of this problem is to purchase more storage space on iCloud. Obviously, you have to take out some money out of your pocket for this.
In case, you have made up your mind. The following steps will help you to upgrade the storage space on iCloud:
- Go to the application “Settings” and tap “iCloud”.
- From the tab “iCloud”, you need to select “Storage & Backup”.
- Click on “Buy More Storage” and select the desired plan.
Unfortunately, the tips as mentioned earlier can optimize the storage but cannot clear up the iCloud storage effectively. Hence, those ways are not going to help you in creating more space on iCloud. You will still face the issue of “iCloud storage full”.
There is an effective way to get rid of this frustrating issue completely. For this, you will need a powerful tool such as iMyFone Umate Pro. It is an amazing cleaning tool that helps users to delete or clean stuff on their devices. Once deleted, you cannot recover the data with any means. With, iMyFone Umate Pro, you can permanently delete data that you no longer require.
After clearing up your device with iMyFone Umate Pro, you can easily manage the storage space on iCloud. You can take a nice look at the various features offered by this tool below.
Unique characteristics of iMyFone Umate Pro:
- This tool deletes all concealed junk files such as app caches, crash logs, cookies, etc.
- You can effectively clear your device and iCloud storage without paying anything.
- Umate Pro helps you to delete temporary files.
- It allows you to manage photos and other files.
- Users can compress iPhone photos and deleted unwanted files in bulk.
- Umate Pro helps you to identify unused applications and delete them.
- This tool erases formerly deleted files from your device.
- It permanently deletes contacts, photos, videos, call histories, iPhone messages, WhatsApp attachments & messages, etc. to secure your private data.
Steps to clear up iCloud storage with iMyFone Umate Pro:
Follow the instructions to get rid of the error “iCloud storage full” as listed below:
Step 1: Launch the program
Initially, you need to download and launch Umate Pro, and then connect your iDevice to your computer.
After that, click “Quick Scan” to find out how much space can be saved on your iPhone by clearing temporary files, cleaning up junk files, compressing photos, deleting large files & removing apps.
Step 2: iMyFone Umate Pro Starts Scanning
Step 3: Free Up iCloud Storage Now
After scanning, you will be given a list of junk files, temporary files, photos, large files, etc. You can click the “Clean” button to clean up space.
After cleaning those files, you will see how much space has been released & how much more can be released as the below windows shows. Just choose any one to continue.
To export data from iPod/iPad/iPhone, you can take help of another professional tool by iMyFone. iMyFone iTransor helps you to export files from your devices. First of all, you have to download and install the program on your system. Next, connect your iOS device to the system. Look for the instructions below to carry on with this task.
Steps to export data via iMyFone iTransor:
In order to export data from iOS devices, the following steps as instructed below:
Step 1: Select “Export from Device & Backup”
Firstly, you need to select “Export from Device & Backup” and then, tap “Export from Device”.
Step 2: Tap “Scan”
Make a selection of files that you want to export. After that, tap “Scan” to begin the scanning process on your iPhone.
Step 3: Select a format
Next, take a preview of files that you want to recover. Click on “Export” and select the format and location for the exported data on the system.
So, you can resolve the issue of “iCloud storage full” on your device in so many ways. First of all, you have to delete unnecessary files on your device. You can perform this task with the help of iMyFone Umate Pro, or else you can export files from your device to the computer. In this way, you can create more storage space on iCloud. Download iMyFone Umate Pro and iMyFone iTransor to help out with the iCloud storage full.