“My HyperX Cloud 2 Mic Not Working all of a sudden. I was chatting with someone, and this error appeared out of nowhere. Can someone please tell me what has happened?
If you have experienced the above issue, you shouldn’t panic at all. You are not the only one to experience such an error. There are many random users to experience the same issue due to some reason or another. The good news, however, is that this issue is fixable though it is so frustrating. So don’t be hurry to throw away your HyperX headset right now. You can try the fixes below and learn how to get them fixed.
Reasons for HyperX Mic Not Working
It is true that headphone has been well received by the majority of users. However, in some cases, there are some complaints about the malfunctioning of a microphone. There are a few possibilities for why the HyperX Cloud 2 Mic Not Working. The following are some of them:
- Malfunctioning audio software
- Audio settings in the game
- Faulty/loose connections
- Microphone’s settings on the PC
- Audio drivers that are no longer supported
- Issues related to volume control
Fixes to try if your HyperX Cloud 2 Mic Not Working
There are a couple of fixes to try if your HyperX Cloud 2 Mic Not Working. You don’t have to try all of those methods. Instead, start from the first fix and move to the other if the first one doesn’t work. We sincerely hope that at least one of those methods will work for you. So, take a deep breath, sit in front of your computer and start fixing your favorite headphone. Basically, you will have to try the following options.
- Perform a troubleshooting
- Check the sound settings
- Update the drivers for your headset
- Perform a reinstallation on your OS
Besides, here are the top best studio microphones for you to choose from.
Solution 1: Perform a basic troubleshooting
The first step to fix this issue is performing some basic troubleshooting. Well, some of the steps in this process may sound like no-brainers to many individuals. However, they are practical, and they are major causes. So, it’s absolutely worth checking these troubleshoots and see if they work. That will help you overcome this issue before moving to somewhat advanced issues.
Perhaps, the mic on your HyperX Cloud Headset might have been muted by mistake. In that case, you obviously cannot talk to the other party using the mic. So, it is absolutely worth checking if there’s anything wrong with the connection of the headset.
- Do you use a USB switcher with your headset? If yes, you should check if the mute switch is in active mode to proceed. If it is, you should deactivate it.
- But if not, check all the connectors to ensure that they are fixed in a proper manner. If you see no issues with those connectors, use a different USB port to connect the headset. Or, you can use the 3.5mm audio jack to connect the headset.
If you tried the above methods and had no success, you should worry at all. There are several other practical fixes to try if your HyperX Mic Not Working.
Also, if you are experiencing the issues like Astro A10 Mic Not Working, here are the top solutions for you.
Solution 2: Check your PC’s sound settings
In many cases, the “HyperX cloud 2 Mic Not Working” issue appears due to wrong configurations on your PC. For instance, if you have disabled the mic or not set it as the default audio input device. So, the problem can be solved by setting it as the default device once again. Mentioned below are the steps to do that.
- First, you should hold the Windows key along with the R key, and that opens the “Run” utility. Once the “Run” utility is launched, you can enter the text “Control” and hit “Enter.”
- When you are on the Control Panel, you can see different types of views. From Views, you should find the option called “Large Icons.” You can choose it from the dropdown menu.
- After that, select the option called “Sound” as well.
- Under that option, you will find a tab called “Recording.” You can right-click on anywhere within the device’s screen. Then, you will see a popup menu, and you can click on the option called “Show Disabled Devices.”
- Now, you are supposed to right-click on the Headset Microphone and then choose “Enable.” After that, you should perform a right-click again. Then, from the options that appear, you can click on the option called “Set as Default Device.”
- Now, you have successfully set the headset as the default device of your system. You can proceed to check if it works. If the “HyperX cloud 2 Mic Not Working” issue is fixed, that’s great, and there’s nothing to worry about. However, if it doesn’t work, you have two more solutions to try. Mentioned below are those two solutions.
Solution 3: Update the drivers for your headset
The “HyperX Mic Not Working” issue can trigger due to outdated or corrupted drivers as well. So, to fix this issue, you are supposed to update the driver and check if it works.
Updating the driver can be done manually or automatically based on your requirement and the time you have. It goes without saying that manual updating is time-consuming. Also, it requires substantial technical knowledge as well. So, unless you have good technical knowledge and excellent computer knowledge, the manual method isn’t the best solution.
When it comes to updating the driver automatically, it is an exceptionally convenient process. The most important thing is that it is accurate. All you need is to use the right kind of tool, and in this case, it is Driver Easy. This is a wonderful application that can scan all the devices automatically on the PC. Then, it will check if they require any new drivers. The best thing is that it can even download the most appropriate drivers and install them. So, there is absolutely no risk of downloading the wrong driver.
If you wonder how to use this app and fix the “HyperX Mic Not Working issue,” keep reading.
- First of all, please download Driver Easy on your computer and get it installed.
- After that, you will have to launch the app to see its home screen.
- That will consist of a button labeled “Scan Now.” If you press it, Driver Easy will perform a complete scan on the computer. This specific scan will find any outdated or corrupted drivers.
- Now, you should click on the button labeled “Update” located next to the driver of your HyperX headset. That will download the most recent, accurate driver for the respective hardware.
If not, you can even click on the option labeled “Update All.” That is located at the bottom of the screen. As a result, you will see that it automatically updates all the drivers simultaneously. It will save a lot of time and eliminate the hassle of choosing one by one. However, this feature is available only with the Pro version of Driver Easy, so you should purchase it.
After downloading the drivers, you can restart the computer. Then, you should log into the PC and see if the “HyperX cloud 2 Mic Not Working” is resolved.
Solution 4: Reinstall Windows
Yes. The next solution is to reinstall Windows. In many cases, HyperX cloud 2 Mic Not Working because of corrupted system files in your OS. If that’s the case, you have no other option than reinstalling Windows. Before performing a reinstallation, however, you are supposed to create a backup of the important information.
As a result of reinstallation, all the corrupted system files will be repaired, and your OS will perform smoothly. Once the OS is reinstalled, you should reinstall the headset as well. Be sure that you follow the instructions provided by the manufacturer and install the headset correctly. If your HyperX Mic Not Working even after all those fixes, that can be a hardware-related issue. So, in that case, you should contact the customer service of the manufacturer and explain the issue. They might be able to provide you with a solution.
So, those are the solutions for you to try if the HyperX Mic Not Working. If you have any other issues related to your headphones or other accessories, please let us know. We will guide you with the most practical fixes.