Are you reading this article as you are curious to see how many hours are played on PS4?
Congratulations, as this article explains how to do it, you have made the right decision.
Introduction of Playtime on PS4 / PS5
You may view your PS5 or PS4 playtime histories if you’re curious. The amount of time spent enslaved to your gaming console or another electronic device can be tracked. However, it’s not always feasible to view the data.
You have options if you want to avoid having your PS4’s play hours tracked. Sony, however, has included this information on a PS5.
In addition to that, all players have access to it via the system’s menus and other user interface elements.
Besides, Anime games for PS4 are popular because of their awesome characteristics. Here is the list of the top 15 best PS4 anime games you may be interested in.
The Process is Simple, Though!
Thankfully, the procedure is simple on both game systems. Remember that the settings permit you to monitor your time spent on specific games instead of a general total.
By looking at this stat, you can figure out the duration it took to finish a game. Also, you can observe which games are occupying t your time.
It may cause you to question what else can be accomplished with the duration you devoted to gaming.
Also, are you noticing a PS4 White Light issue and looking for a quick solution to overcome it? Here are the best seven solutions you can try to fix it easily.
Checking the Played Hours on a PS5 Console
The PS5 console includes a time-tracking feature. It also displays the percentage of each game you’ve finished.
Well, the clock keeps ticking any time a game is running, even if you aren’t actually playing it.
Mentioned Below Are the Steps:
- As the first step, turn on the console. You can do it by pressing its power button.
- Then, select the profile icon. In fact, you should click on the “X” icon located on the profile icon. You can easily find it in the right-hand corner of the screen.
- After opening the profile icon, you should select “Games.” It appears like a tab and is located between two other tabs: “Friends” and “Overview.” The panel does showcase the completion rate of every game in the form of a percentage. On top of that, it shows the trophies you have won from the total available trophies.
- Finally, you can see the last time each game was played. Moreover, you can see the hour count on each of those games.
That’s basically it. All you need now is to scroll down and see the games. With each title, you can see all those stats for your information.
How to See How Many Hours Played on PS4?
Here’s the section to read if you want to see how many hours played on PS4. In fact, you can use the same steps mentioned above to see the play hours on your PS4 console.
Under “Games,” you may see a list of all the games that are compatible with your PlayStation Network account. Assume that you use the same profile for all the games on the PS4 and PS Vita.
In that case, your playtime will be tracked for both systems. What if you play Minecraft on your PS4 but not the PS5?
If so, you may check the latter to see how many hours you have spent playing the game. And that’s how to see how many hours played on PS4.
Is It Possible to See How Many Hours Your Friend Has Played on a PS5?
It is not lost on us that personal space is in short supply today. However, if you’re simply too nosy, we’ve got a way for you.
With that, you can see how much time your pal has spent playing PlayStation.
01. Turn on the Console
Just press the console’s manual button, and you can switch it on.
02. Go to the Profile Icon
Now, you should click on “X” so you can access the profile menu as you did before.
03. Go to the “Friends” Option
There’s a dedicated tab for “Friends.” You can find it along with “Games.” Click on it.
04. Select Which Friend’s Activity You Should Check
It is possible to select any friend at this stage. Just select it from the menu so you can read the status.
05. Select the “Games” Tab of Your Friend
Follow the same steps as the above. Then, access the Games tab of the friend to see the values.
Checking the Play Hours of a PS4
Here’s how to see how many hours played on PS4.
01. Turn the Console On
Once the console is switched on, enter your PS4/PSN account credentials and log in.
02. Open a Game
Now, you should load a game. You can do it either by opening a title through the console’s home screen or by inserting a CD.
03. Select load files
You should open the save files of the game. Pretty much all the games come with the time format of HH:MM:SS. But there can be some games that do not display such data.
Checking Hours Played on PS4 and PS5 Using PSN Network
PlayStation Network sends emails weekly. And they are another method for keeping track of how much time you’ve spent playing your console.
Some of the updates it offers show off your game stats. It’s the ideal choice if you can’t view the total playtime in your PS4 console’s load files.
You should sign up for the PlayStation Network’s email notification service if you haven’t already.
01. Go to the Official Website of PlayStation
First, you should visit PlayStation’s official website using your PC.
02. Create Your Account
In the screen’s top right, select Sign In. Then, you can fill out the form until you reach the option called “Create Account.” Keep in mind that the area you select will always be the one associated with your PSN profile.
In addition, you might not have access to PSN services or games. Unfortunately, Sony does not support VPN usage on their devices. A new account can be made in any country at any time.
03. Reach Account Settings
Now, you should click on the avatar located at the top of the profile and go to “Account Settings.”
04. Select Email Notification
Follow the link labeled “Notifications Settings” found at the very end of your left-hand menu. To sign up for email alerts, check the box on the right side of the screen. Make sure to save your work before you log out.
05. Start Reading the PSN Email
That’s how to see how many hours played on PS4 through an email every week. That means, from now onwards, you will get PSN emails every week.
Those emails contain information about gameplay hours and trophies.
Setting Parental Control on a PS5
In some cases, parents expect to put some restrictions on their children’s playtime on PlayStation. The good news is that there is a possibility to use parental controls and limit your kid’s activities.
However, there are some prerequisites to accomplish that.
- You are supposed to sign up for a PSN profile.
- You must have access to your kid’s account as a “Manager” or a “Guardian.”
- The account must be under “Family Members.”
- The respective account must be in the correct time zone.
That’s it. You can complete these steps mentioned above and configure time limits on your child’s PlayStation.
Configure Playtime for Your Child Using the Browser
- Open the official website of PlayStation and sign in to Family Manger to proceed. Then, you should select the account of your child.
- Click on “Edit” and adjust hours on the console.
- Save those settings.
Setting Up Playtime Using the Console Itself
In this manner, you can limit your children’s access to the PlayStation 5 system and its video games. The game will stop abruptly as soon as the child reaches the cutoff age. Also, the progress will be saved.
- Log into the account of Guardian or Family Manager.
- Then, go to the “Settings” and select “Family & Parental Controls.”
- When you are on Parental Controls, you will be able to see the account of your child.
- Now, you should press the option called “Playtime Settings.” Then, you should set an appropriate time zone for the child.
- Once you have done that, you can hit the button called “Save” so you can save the settings. You can even configure settings such as censoring, prohibitions, etc.
That’s how to see how many hours played on PS4 and play. Hope you’d find this article useful in controlling your children’s gaming habits.