As soon as the iPhone X hit the shelves millions of Apple fans got their hands on it, it quickly became one of the most popular smartphones ever to be released, and in terms of innovation, the iPhone X has exceeded everyone’s expectations. While the iPhone X itself is very impressive, there have been a few reported problems. Common iPhone issues such as the screen freezing, the battery not charging or being unable to restart the iPhone, have all been reported. As such, we’ve discovered how to reset iPhone X / XS / XR.
Given how common these problems are, various solutions have been published all over the internet. To make things easier for you, we’ve listed the fixes that we feel are the most effective as well as some of our own solutions.
Part 1. How to Reset iPhone X/XS/XR via Free Ways
Solution #1 – Reset iPhone from Settings App
Ideally, you should reset your iPhone X through the Settings application. This isn’t always possible, and we completely understand that some issues prevent users from accessing their applications. However, if you can access the Settings app, follow these steps.
- Step #1 – Unlock your iPhone and open up the “Settings” application.
- Step #2 – Go to “General > Reset” and tap “Reset All Settings”.
- Step #3 – Type in your iPhone’s passcode and tap on “Reset All Settings” again to confirm the action.
- Step #4 – Your iPhone will then begin to reset. This process should only take a few minutes, and once it is complete, your iPhone will reboot.
This completely erases all of your settings from the iPhone X. Of course, if you aren’t able to access the Settings app, then you can’t use this solution. The alternative is to learn how to reset iPhone X using buttons.
Solution #2 – Reset iPhone 6S and Earlier Using Buttons
Plenty of iPhone owners still have an iPhone 6S or earlier, and as such, we’ll be explaining these steps first.
- Step #1 – Hold down the Power/Lock key and the Home button at the same time.
- Step #2 – Continue holding these buttons for about 8 seconds.
- Step #3 – When the Apple logo is shown on the iPhone’s display, release both buttons.
- Step #4 – After a few seconds your iPhone will reboot.
Solution #3 – Reset iPhone 7/7 Plus Using Buttons
Similarly, the majority of people have an iPhone 7 or 7 Plus so that these phones will be our next focus. As the traditional home button was removed with this iPhone, the process is slightly different.
- Step #1 – Hold down the Power/Lock key and the Volume Down key simultaneously.
- Step #2 – Keep holding these buttons until the Apple logo is shown.
- Step #3 – As soon as you see the Apple logo, you can release both buttons.
- Step #4 – Your iPhone should now load normally, and your issues should be resolved.
Solution #4 – Reset iPhone 8/X/XS/XR Using Buttons
Lastly, for those of you who are lucky enough to have an iPhone 8, iPhone X, XR or an iPhone XS, here’s how to reset iPhone X using buttons.
- Step #1 – Press the Volume Up key for a split second and then do the same with the Volume Down key.
- Step #2 – Hold down the Power button for several seconds until the screen goes black.
- Step #3 – Once the Apple logo appears you can release the buttons.
- Step #4 – A few seconds later your iPhone will restart and will be loaded.
Although each iPhone requires a different method, they all result in the same thing. If your iPhone problems persist after following these guides, you should consider following one of our guides below.
Part 2. How to Reset iPhone X/XS/XR Effortlessly via Third-Party Tools
1. Using iMyFone Fixppo iOS System Recovery
A sure-fire way of making sure that you know how to reset iPhone X is to use iMyFone Fixppo iOS System Recovery. Instead of risking your personal data and potentially losing it forever, this program can repair your iPhone without any risks. Furthermore, no jailbreak is required.
- Repair almost all iOS problems including iMessage doesn’t say delivered, black screens or stuck loading screens.
- Forcibly exit recovery mode to prevent unwanted iOS bugs.
- Try out the free version before you purchase the full program.
- Standard Mode allows you to fix iOS problems without data loss.
- Advanced Mode is guaranteed to fix any iOS issues that you encounter.
As soon as you check out iMyFone Fixppo iOS System Recovery, you’ll realize the value that it has. You can easily reset your iPhone X, fix the issue, and get the most out of your smartphone once again.
Steps to Reset iPhone X with iMyFone Fixppo iOS System Recovery
After you’ve got your hands on iMyFone iOS System Recover and installed it on your computer, it’s time to get to work. Using the steps below, you’ll discover how to reset iPhone X with ease.
Step #1 – Connect your iPhone XS/XR/X using a lightning cable and open up iMyFone iOS System Recovery.
Step #2 – From the different modes that are presented to you, click on “Standard Mode“.
Note: if “Standard Mode” doesn’t help, try “Advanced Mode” instead.
Step #3 – Next, you’ll be prompted to put your iPhone into DFU Mode. To do this, hold both the “Power” and “Home” buttons simultaneously for about 10 seconds, then release the “Power” button but continue holding the “Home” button for 5 seconds longer.
Note: if our instructions weren’t clear enough for you then follow the illustrations that are shown on display.
Step #4 – Once DFU Mode has been detected, firmware information will be needed next. Enter the relevant information into iMyFone and when you’re done, click “Download“.
Step #5 – The appropriate firmware will be downloaded (this could take a while depending on your internet speeds).
Step #6 – After it has been downloaded and Click “Start” button, iMyFone Fixpp iOS System Recovery will automatically install it on to your iPhone X.
This entire process requires just a few minutes of your time. iMyFone Fixppo iOS System Recovery takes care of everything else, and there isn’t anything too complicated to the manual sections. As we mentioned before if Standard Mode doesn’t yield the results that you want then try using Advanced Mode. While it will lead to your data being wiped, you’ll have your device fully functional once again.
2. Using FoneLab iOS System Recovery
Another possible tool that you can use is FoneLab iOS System Recovery. There are a few differences between this software and iMyFone although ultimately, both will get you the result that you seek.
- Fix iPad stuck on Apple logo, iPhone won’t restore & iPhone is stuck in the recovery mode, iPhone Stuck on Apple Logo, and the like.
- Repair any iOS problems that might prevent you from using your device.
Best of all, you don’t have to go through a treacherous experience. After connecting your iPhone X and a few clicks later, you’ll have successfully fixed your device.
Steps to Reset iPhone X with FoneLab iOS System Recovery
If this is a program that you think can help you to reset iPhone X, fantastic. We believe that it can and to assist you with learning how to use it, follow our guide below.
Step #1 – Download and install the FoneLab iOS System Recovery program accordingly.
Step #2 – Using a USB cable connect the iPhone to your computer.
Step #3 – From the main menu of FoneLab, click on “iOS System Recovery“. After clicking on this option, you’ll be instructed to enter DFU Mode.
Note: follow our steps in the previous guide to enable DFU Mode if you aren’t already aware of how to do so.
Step #4 – After DFU Mode has been enabled, click on the “Start” button to continue.
Step #5 – The following display will show some information about your iPhone. Make sure that all of this information is correct and after confirming this, proceed.
Step #6 – FoneLab iOS System Recovery will download and install the required firmware to repair your iPhone X and shortly afterward, the issue will be gone forever.
This is just one example of how great of a program FoneLab is. You simply won’t find a solution that is better than using iMyFone or FoneLab – both are great programs that you’ll find yourself using constantly.
There you have it, the most effective solutions for resetting your iPhone X. If you notice a problem with your iPhone X then don’t instantly worry that it’s broken. Most of the time all you need to do is find out how to reset iPhone X, follow the reset procedure, and you can fix it without the aid of a professional. All of the methods that we have shown you in this article will show some sort of result although our recommendation is to use either iMyFone Fixppo or FoneLab iOS System Recovery.