Interested in learning how to pair Apple Watch manually? Great! You are reading the correct article. We will explain the process in the simplest format so even a novice user can get it done easily. So, continue reading and learn how to pair Apple Watch manually.
Arguably, Apple Watch is considered to be the best wearable device available in the modern-day market. With that said, Apple Watch has unique characteristics and its own design. The style of this watch is unique. There are many individuals who prefer wearing an Apple Watch over other smartwatches. Needless to say, Apple Watch is packed with plenty of features, and all of them are very impressive. Have you recently bought your Apple Watch? Are you planning to buy an Apple Watch? If not, have you received an Apple Watch as a gift? Regardless of how you got it, do you wonder how to pair Apple Watch manually with your iPhone? If that’s the case, this article will explain the process in easy steps. So, continue reading and learn how to do it.
What else you should know about Apple Watch
As you may already know, Apple offers a variety of versions for their Apple Watch. Apple has added new faces and some new features with the release of their new version. It comes with a calculator app, hearing health, and cycle tracking as well for you to stay healthy. In addition to that, new versions of the Apple Watch come with an Apple Watch store as well. One of the most favorite versions of the Apple Watch is Apple Watch 5. It has an always-on display with a compass as well. The first-generation model of the Apple Watch runs only watchOS 4. It can perform various tasks from answering calls and performing as a car key. The remaining models of Apple Watch (including Apple Watch 5) run on watchOS 6.
Apple announced its watchOS seven back in June. In fact, watchOS 7 is a free update. It is for those who use Apple Watch Series 5, Series 4 as well as Series 3. This specific update brings several new features and activities for the upcoming Apple Watch. Although there is watchOS 7 beta, many users expect to wait for these new options. However, if you intend to use watchOS 7 on your device, you should upgrade to iOS 14. Please find below the list of functions that can be performed using the Apple Watch.
- Answer Calls
- Car Key function
- Walkie Talkie
- Voice Memo
- Track the Cycle
- Tracking Safe Hearing Levels
- Listen to Podcasts
- Unlock Passwords and Notes on Your Mac
- Keep track of your runs
- Heart Rate monitor
- Fitness tracker
- View text messages and reply to them
- Check email
- Location sharing
Part 1: How to pair Apple Watch manually with your Apple Phone?
In fact, those who wonder how to pair Apple Watch manually to an iPhone can use two main ways. The best thing is that both of those ways are exceptionally simple. It is more of a walk in the park, even for a novice user. To accomplish the task, you should simply follow the guidelines provided below.
Method 01: How to pair Apple Watch using the iPhone’s camera?
If you’re going to use this method, you will pair the Apple Watch with the iPhone through the camera. As per this method, you should use the Camera app on your iPhone to pair the Apple Watch. To make things easier for you, mentioned below are the steps that should be followed.
- As the first step, you should get your iPhone and download Apple Watch app on it. Once the installation is completed, you should launch the app to see its home screen.
- Now, on the main screen of the Apple Watch app, click on the option called “Start Pairing.”
- You should hold the watch now in such a way to pair it. You can see a box with a yellow outline. Apple Watch’s screen should be aligned with that box on the device’s screen.
- Now, you will see the onscreen instructions. Just follow those instructions and complete the pairing process. Once you have done that, you can see that the Apple Watch is paired. In fact, this method works perfectly for both new and old iOS devices alike.
Also, let’s learn more about how to bypass iCloud activation lock easily.
Method 02: How to pair Apple Watch manually with the new iPhone
In addition to the previous method, you can use this manual method as well. This is ideal for those who are looking for a different method instead of the Camera. In fact, this is a manual method that can pair your Apple Watch with the iPhone. Just like the previous method, this is a very simple method, so even a novice can follow it. Mentioned below are those steps you should follow in order to get it completed.
- As the first step, you should download and install the app for Apple Watch on your iPhone. After that, you should launch the app to see the home screen of it.
- Once you have done that, you can click on the option called Start Pairing as well. In fact, up to this point, the steps are identical to the method 01.
- Now, as the next option, you should see an option called “Pair Apple Watch Manually.” Just ap on it to proceed.
- You should click on the icon labeled “i” on the watch now to move forward. This will display the name of the Apple Watch you are using.
- Once the name appears, you should tap on it. You can follow the onscreen instructions to get it completed.
Please note that this method is perfectly applicable to both old and new iPhones. So, don’t worry about it.
Part 2: Unpairing an Apple Watch
In certain cases, many users want to unpair their Apple Watch due to various reasons. This process is exceptionally simple, just like the pairing we explained in the previous sections. However, if you unpair the watch, that will restore the device (Apple Watch) to its factory settings. As long as you are OK with it, you can proceed with the steps mentioned below.
- To start the process, you should bring both the Apple Watch and the iPhone closer to each other.
- Now, you should launch the Apple Watch app on the handset to proceed.
- You should now locate the My Watch tab on your watch, which is located towards the top.
- Now, you can see an icon with an “i” next to the watch you intend to unpair. Just click on it.
- As the next step, you should tap on the option called “Unpair Apple Watch.”
With that said, now you have a clear understanding of the pairing and unpairing of Apple Watch. You can now easily pair an Apple Watch with your iPhone regardless of the version of the iPhone. As you might have noticed, there are two ways to do it. The first method is to use the Camera app and pair the Apple Watch. In the second method, we explained how to pair Apple Watch manually. If truth to be told, both of those options are exceptionally easier to perform even for a beginner. However, the manual method is marginally lengthier compared to the method that uses a Camera.
In addition to that, we also explained how to unpair your Apple Watch from your iPhone. In a nutshell, this article is composed of explaining the basics of how to pair Apple Watch manually. If you have any other issues related to this matter, please share them with us.