Knowing how to format your iOS device, or more specifically, in this case, your iPhone is an important thing to know how to do iPhone Format. For example, when you get a new iPhone and you are looking to sell your old device it’s important that you go above and beyond with clearing the data on your device. The standard method is to simply factory restore the device, although in the modern-day and age this isn’t good enough and should be seen as unacceptable, especially if you are selling the device. Hackers use every opportunity that they get to get their hands on someone else’s personal information and use it to their advantage. So with that in mind, let’s jump right in and take a look at how you can format iPhone completely.
PS: here is the full Quick Format Vs Full Format comparison for your reference.
Using Dr.Fone to Format iPhone XS, XR, X, 8, 7 Plus, 6S, 6 Completely
For this method of iPhone Format, we are going to be taking advantage of the iOS Data Eraser tool offered by Dr.Fone. This feature allows you to completely remove the data from your device and restore it to how it would appear if you had just purchased it, from a software standpoint.
Step #1 – If you haven’t already done so, then download and install Dr.Fone Toolkit for iOS on your computer. Once you have it installed, go ahead and launch it.
Step #2 – If your iPhone isn’t already connected to your computer with a USB cable, then go ahead and do so now.
Step #3 – On Dr.Fone, you will now be shown a menu of different options. Click on the “Erase” option and then choose “Erase All Data“.
Step #4 – The next display that you are shown will tell you what this process consists of. Once you’ve read what it has to say, click on the “Erase” button.
Step #5 – You will then be prompted with a warning notification. After reading the message that is shown, type “delete” in the box provided and click on the “Erase now“.
Step #6 – The process will then begin and you will be able to track the progress with the display which is shown.
Step #7 – Once your iPhone is completely erased, Dr.Fone will indicate this and you will be able to set up your device as if you had just purchased it.
So as you can see, there isn’t really too much to this method and if you are looking to sell your old iPhone due to purchasing a replacement, this is an essential method for doing your iPhone Format.
How to Format iPhone Completely Without Dr.Fone
While Dr.Fone offers both a free version as well as a paid version, if you are not able to get access to a computer then you will not be able to take advantage of the features which Dr.Fone has to offer. If that’s the case, then don’t worry. There is another method for iPhone Format which you can use.
- Step #1 – On your iPhone device, head over to the “Settings” menu.
- Step #2 – From this menu, you will be able to guide yourself through a variety of different settings. For this method, tap on the “General” section.
- Step #3 – Scroll to the bottom of the “General” settings and tap on the “Reset” option.
- Step #4 – You will then be shown a few different reset methods which are available. For this method, tap on the “Erase All Content and Settings” option.
- Step #5 – You will then be shown a warning message to ensure that you are aware of the process which takes place. Simply accept this message and the device will reset.
- Step #6 – Once the process is complete, your device will be restarted and you will be shown the original setup display.
While this method isn’t optimal, especially if you are looking to sell your device to someone else, it gets the job done.
Although today we focused in on how you are able to format iPhone completely, Dr.Fone is a program which has so much more to offer other than the iPhone Format. Some of the additional and incredibly helpful features which it has to offer are:
- Your data will be permanently deleted. When you manually remove data from your device, it is retrievable. This means that if you sell a device the recipient is able to retrieve any personal information which you previously had stored on your device; putting you at risk.
- Each of the features included in the Dr.Fone program allow for you to do no work at all as Dr.Fone will guide you through each process to ensure that you understand what will be done, and will only require you to click a few times, including Private data eraser to keep your personal information safe, iPhone Data Recovery, etc..
- Compatibility is not an issue with Dr.Fone. The program is updated regularly in order to ensure that it is compatible with not only the most recent software versions (including iOS, Android, Windows, and Mac), but so that it is compatible with all of the most recent devices which are released. Dr.Fone is compatible with iOS 12 as well as the iPhone XS (Max), iPhone XR, iPhone X, iPhone 8 (Plus), iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 6S, iPhone 6.
So as you can see, Dr.Fone – iOS Toolkit is undoubtedly a program which every iPhone user should have installed on their computer at all times for their iPhone Format or other functions. Whether it be to format iPhone completely or to retrieve data that you have lost, Dr.Fone Toolkit for iOS can get the job done.