If you are an iPhone user, then you must have come across a message stating that “The iPhone could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (4013).” at least once in a while. Actually, it is very common bug acting on the iOS devices and is known as the iPhone Error 4013. Click to find out the best solution if your ‘iTunes could not connect to this iPhone. The value is missing‘.
What exactly is iPhone error 4013 or the iTunes Error 4013?
iTunes is an extremely popular software of Apple, which is used in a variety of functions like restoring the iPhone device, updating it, creating backups, storing of podcasts, TV shows, and music. However, in some of these functions, problems arise. iPhone error 4013 does not the iTunes update your iPhone device. It is not a critical problem and can be solved by following the below-mentioned resolutions. You can choose any one solution, which suits you the best.
Fix 1: Get rid of an iTunes error 4013 or iPhone error 4013 via dr.fone – Repair
However, the problem associated with most of them is that the exact diagnosis of the part where the issue lies is too complex. Thereby, almost all of the solutions, which exist work on sort of a hit-and-trial basis. This means that there lies no surety that once you have put in your efforts and time to a resolution, the issue will be surely resolved. Apart from being a tiresome issue, there lies a risk of important data loss. Obviously, no person would want such a thing to happen. So, if you want any one-touch resolution to such problem, then you should give a try to a 3rd party software like dr.fone – iOS Repair. This software will let you fix all such issues without any risk of data loss. Its features are mentioned below in detail.
- Fix a variety of iOS system related issues like looping on start, black screen, white Apple logo, iPhone visual voicemail not working, Cellular Data Not Working, ‘iPhone is stuck in the recovery mode’, stuck in recovery mode, or iPhone 6 bootloop, etc.
- Perfectly fix iOS back to normal without any loss of data.
- Resolves other iPhone and iTunes related errors, like error 14, iTunes error 27, iTunes error 4013 and many more.
- Compatible with every model of iPod touch, iPad, and iPhone.
- Totally compatible with latest iOS 13 model.
How to resolve iTunes 4013 or iPhone Error 4013 without any data loss?
1. Download and then launch the dr.fone software. Go to its main menu and choose the “Repair” option.
2. Connect the iPhone device to your personal computer, using a cable. Once connected, dr.fone will be able to detect it immediately. Click the “Start” tab.
3. Do things as per the instructions provided on dr.fone, which will help you boot the iPhone device in a DFU mode.
4. Your iOS device and its version will be immediately identified by the dr.fone. It automatically then detects the latest firmware. You need to click on the “Download” tab. This might take a while as it depends on the speed of the internet connection.
5. Once it has been downloaded, dr.fone will start scanning the device automatically. Problems will be identified and fixed. You will receive a message stating that “repair of the operating system is complete.” This whole process would not take more than 10 minutes, and the best part is that it is done automatically.
Fix 2: Solve iTunes Error 4013 while you are updating to iOS 13 without losing any data
If any of the above-mentioned tips did not work for you so far, then you should try the iMyFone Fixppo iOS System Recovery tool, which is the best software for fixing all iOS related issues. Here are it’s incredible features.
- All common iOS related issues can be fixed by using this tool. For instance, black screen of death, iPhone not turning on, iPhone gets frozen, and many more.
- It is extremely user-friendly.
- Proved 3 modes and is compatible with most of the iOS devices.
Here are the steps to use it for fixing the issues with ease.
Step 1: Open the Software
Download the iMyFone Fixppo on the computer and then install it. After this, run or launch this tool. For starting the process, open it. Connect the iOS to your computer using a USB cable. Run it on “Standard Mode.”
Step 2: Put the iPhone device into the DFU Mode
Once you have clicked on that option, it will prompt you for setting down your iOS in a DFU Mode. Follow the steps, and once it is done, the device and its model will be identified by the iMyFone iOS System Recovery.
Step 3: Get any suitable Firmware
After this, you need to download the most recent and attuned version of the software for the iPhone device. Click the “Download” tab. Automatically, a suitable firmware will be downloaded on your device.
Step 4: Fix the Issue
Click on the “Start” tab and let it complete the process. Once it is finished, the device will get rebooted, and lastly, you need to check if the issue is solved.
These steps ensure that the iPhone error 4013 is fixed effectively and without any hassles.
Fix 1: Check the USB port as well as a connector for fixing the iTunes error 4013
If the first solution did not work out, then there might be a possibility that the issue is related to hardware. You need to start checking that all the connectors and USB ports are functioning fine. For ensuring this, you need to do the following.
- 1. Ensure that only an Apple USB port is being used
- 2. Try using any different port for USB
- 3. Try plugging into any another computer
Once you have tried all of the above-given methods, but nothing worked out, then it means that the USB connection is working fine. You need to then move on to another solution.
Fix 2: Update iTunes to fix the iTunes error 4013
As mentioned before, iPhone error 4013 is also known as iTunes error 4013 because of the reason of its origin. There lies a grave possibility that the iTunes application on your device is corrupted and is not updated since quite a time.
In such a case, you need to navigate to “Check for Updates.” If you find an update, then make sure you download it instantly. If there isn’t any, then you should try out the next resolution.
Fix 3: Reset all settings to fix the iPhone error 4013
1. Restart the iPhone device.
2. Go to the settings, and then select “General”. Next, select the “Reset” tab and “Reset All settings” finally. Risk of data loss also exists if you choose this method. The best thing would be to backup all the iPhone data to the iTunes or iCloud.
Fix 4: Fix iTunes error 4013 or iPhone error 4013 by clearing the space
In most of the situations, such an error occurs while you are updating the iOS version. The non-existence of enough space might be a possible reason for your device not being able to accommodate the new update. In such a situation, you need to ensure that the device has enough space, and if it doesn’t, then you need to clean up your iPhone.
Fix 5: Do a factory reset to fix iTunes 4013 or iPhone error 4013
For fixing the iTunes 4013 or iPhone error 4013, you can try doing the factory reset on your iPhone device. Follow the below-mentioned steps to implement this solution.
- 1. The first thing you should do is to make a back up the device.
- 2. Go to the “Settings”. Then chose the “General” and “Reset” tab.
- 3. Click on the “Erase All Content and Settings” option.
- 4. Enter the passcode.
- 5. Click on the “Erase iPhone” option.
Fix 6: Enter the DFU mode to fix iPhone error 4013
If you have already followed all of the above-mentioned steps, but none has worked for you so far, then you need to put the device into a DFU mode. This solution needs to be considered as a last resort as it will literally wipe out everything you have on the iPad or iPhone and leave it as a new device. Here are the steps to put the device in a DFU mode.
1. Connect the iPhone device to the PC. Launch the iTunes application.
2. Click and hold on to the Home Button and Sleep/Wake Button simultaneously for a period of 10 seconds approximately.
3. Now, you need to release the “Sleep/Wake Button.” Make sure you continue pressing the “Home Button” till the iTunes notifies that “iTunes has detected an iPhone in recovery mode.”
4. Let go of the “Home Button.” At this point in time, your device’s screen would have turned black. If it hasn’t, then you need to repeat all the steps from the start.
5. Restore the iPhone device with iTunes
Fix 7: Try on any other Computer
Another solution to iPhone error 4013 is to switch to a different computer. Any technical issue might be a reason behind the problem. Try to update the device using any other computer to see if the issue is resolved.
Fix 8: Contact the Apple Store
If you tried all of the above-mentioned solutions and still none of them has worked, then you need to contact the Apple Store, as there might be a too deep-set and internal reason lying behind the concerned issue. But before you give your device to them, you should ensure that you take a Backup of it.
Here are the top 10 solutions for fixing the iTunes Error 4013 or iPhone Error 4013 issues. They are well tried and tested and are going to help you in resolving the concerned issues instantly surely. Also, the dr.fone – Repair & iMyFone Fixppo (iOS System Recovery) software, deserve at least a single try and you will realize how effective when you actually put them to use.