“how do I backup WhatsApp messages from iPhone to OnePlus? Is there an easy way of doing it? I have not done it before, and feeling a bit nervous. Can someone out there help me? Nel.”
The above paragraph may apply to you if you have bought a new OnePlus device and planning a switch. In that case, you will have to transfer all the essential data files to OnePlus from iPhone. It’s a very common requirement that arises when you switch from an iPhone to Android or vice versa. You always want your old data back in your new device for ease of use.
Sometimes, you will have to pay special attention to some data than the others. For instance, you want your WhatsApp data to be transferred from the old device to new. If you need to transfer data from an Android to Android or an iPhone to iPhone, that’s pretty straightforward. Devices within the same platform support convenient data transferring process. However, when you have to transfer data between devices of two different platforms, things can be difficult. That’s why questions like “how do I backup WhatsApp messages from iPhone to OnePlus” are pretty common.
If you have the same sort of question, you are reading the most appropriate article. In this article, we explain how to transfer WhatsApp to the iPhone from Android using two easy methods. So, this can be a very handy guide for those who plan to migrate to Android from iPhones.
How do I backup WhatsApp messages from iPhone to OnePlus through iCloud or iTunes?
Some individuals wonder if they can use the built-in tools of Apple to transfer data to an Android. However, the answer is straightforward, and it is a “NO.” That means WhatsApp doesn’t allow you to transfer data between two different platforms, at least in an official method. As per their official method, you can only transfer WhatsApp backup from an iPhone to another iPhone. That could be done through iCloud storage, which is provided by Apple as a built-in tool. Well, as you already know, OnePlus is an Android-based smartphone. Therefore, Android’s version of WhatsApp does not support the iCloud tool provided by Apple. Users are not able to transfer WhatsApp data between different operating systems via the official way. But that doesn’t mean that transferring data between two different platforms is impossible. There are some other ways to do it. They are not official but safe and effective. The purpose of this article, as we mentioned before, is to introduced those methods.
How do I backup WhatsApp messages from iPhone to OnePlus directly?
In fact, there are two practical ways to get your precious WhatsApp data transferred successfully. One method is completely free but has some obvious limitations when it comes to transferring WhatsApp data. The other method is a paid tool, but it doesn’t show any limitations to transfer data. For your convenience, we explain both of those methods. You can go through both of those methods and then choose the most appropriate option for you.
01. How to transfer WhatsApp to OnePlus from iPhone using email
The simplest and the free method is using an email to transfer your WhatsApp messages from an iPhone. However, you should note that this method comes with some limitations, although it comes for free. Also, it is OK to consider it as a native feature to transfer WhatsApp data. If you intend to use this method, you don’t have to pay anything at all. Also, the best thing is that you don’t have to install any software as well. To get it done, you should go through the steps below carefully and transfer your data.
- As the first step, you should launch WhatsApp on your iPhone.
- Now, you should select the respective conversation that you want to transfer to the Android device.
- You should slide the selected conversation and tap on the top of it to proceed.
- Now, in the popup that appears, you should access the option called “Contact Info.” Also, don’t forget to hit the “Export Chat” button, which is located at the bottom of the screen.
- After that, you should see a prompt. In that, it will ask whether you want to attach media files in the respective conversation or not.
- After that, you should tap on the desired option that matches your requirement to proceed.
- Then, be sure to enter a valid email address. You will receive your WhatsApp conversation on this email. So, be careful to enter the correct email address for which you have access.
- That’s it. Now, WhatsApp will send the WhatsApp files to the given email address. Please note that you will get a zip file if you choose the media attached option. If you choose to go without media, you will get a text file.
- Once you have received the email on your OnePlus device, open them. Voila! Your WhatsApp messages are sent to your OnePlus device.
Drawbacks of this method
Some drawbacks are associated with this method, though. We intend to list them below for your reference. It is true that you can create a backup through email for free. However, there are a lot of limitations associated with this method. As long as you are OK with these limitations, you are good to go. Here are a couple of drawbacks you should take into account.
- Well, one of the most notable drawbacks is that it requires a lot of manual work. In order to send all conversations via email, you should configure a lot. Also, the emails allow you to send data just in a limited size. So, it goes without saying that transferring a huge dataset can be a pretty confusing task for you.
- The backup file is sent to you in the form of a text file. So, it can eventually end up causing readability issues.
- On top of that, you can’t restore the emailed WhatsApp data in your WhatsApp account.
Also, let’s figure out how to perform WhatsApp hack online without survey with ease.
02. The easiest (recommended) method to transfer WhatsApp data – iTransor for WhatsApp
For those who want to experience a professional data transferring tool, iTransor for WhatsApp is there. This is a perfectly designed tool specifically for transferring WhatsApp data. This tool allows you to create WhatsApp backup. Then, you can restore and transfer those backups between iOS and Android devices with greater convenience. This particularly means that you are able to create a backup and restore it to any other device later. In that case, it doesn’t matter in which platform it is. Moreover, you can transfer WhatsApp from iPhone to Android phone directly.
How do I backup WhatsApp messages from iPhone to OnePlus using iTransor?
Now, you can go through the steps below and transfer WhatsApp messages using iTransor for WhatsApp. We explain it in a step-by-step method so our readers can understand it easily.
- First, you should download and install iTransor for WhatsApp on your computer to begin the process.
- Now, you should connect both the devices (OnePlus and iPhone) to the same computer.
- You must make sure that the iPhone is identified as the “Source” by iTransor. On the other hand, your new OnePlus device should be identified as the “Destination” device. If the settings are different, you should switch it and change accordingly.
- Now, you should hit the Transfer button. As a result, it’ll start the data transferring process. Please note that this process erases the previous WhatsApp data on the target device (if any).
- At the completion of the process, you can see all conversations with corresponding attachments. That means, your photos, videos, and other media will be available in your new OnePlus device.
So, that’s the answer to the question, “how do I backup WhatsApp messages from iPhone to OnePlus.” Good luck!