We will recommend you to convert h264 to mp4 using UniConverter because it protects your video file from losing its quality while compressing its size. This software will enable your video to maintain its quality even at lower bitrates. You can even run it on your mobile devices.
H264 is a famous video compression standard for high-definition digital videos. There is a huge popularity of h264 encoded videos among the people. People love to watch movies, music videos, web series, and other digital videos that are encrypted in h264. This video compressor codec is supported by online video streaming, iTunes, HDTV, HD DVD, Blu-ray, AVCHD camcorders, and many more.
Comparison to previous compression standards, h624 is popular because of its high video quality at relatively lower bitrates. The only drawback of h264 is that it comes in a large size and thus occupies a lot of space. To make it compatible with the storage size, it is important to convert h264 to mp4. MP4 formatted videos possess a good quality of videos and are compatible with almost all operating systems, including Apple devices.
We have covered every step in this article so that you can understand different ways to convert h264 to mp4. Read on to know the steps to convert h264 to mp4 using UniConverter software.
Part 1: Use Uniconverter to convert h264 to mp4 in seconds
UniConverter is advanced software that allows you to convert any video in a short time, such as converting ISO to MP4 or converting IFO to MP4. This software runs at high speed compared to other software and can convert h264 to mp4 quickly. Not only in MP4, but it also converts H264 files in up to 150 formats. Plus, it allows you to change the file format from video to audio. It contains features like download, edits, record, and burn videos. Even if you wonder how to compress MP4 video, UniConverter is your best choice too.
The key elements of UniConverter are as follows:
- It converts H264 files in at least 150 different video formats like MP4, MKV, AVI, MOV, FLV, WMV, MPEG, and many others.
- It can convert a video file at 90X speed.
- You can perform other functions like cropping and trimming the videos. Plus, it allows you to add effects, subtitles, and a lot more features.
- UniConverter lets you download the video by entering its URL and can even record the video on your computer.
- You can store the video and audio in an optical storage device like DVD and CD by burning them.
- Compress the video to match the size of different digital media like YouTube, Vimeo, Facebook, etc.
- The size of the video will be compatible with various operating systems like macOS 11 Big Sur, 10.15 Catalina, 10.13 High Sierra, Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista/, 10.14 Mojave, 10.12 Sierra, 10.11 Captain, 10.9 Mavericks, 10.7 Lion, and 10.8 Mountain Lion.
Below are three easy steps to convert H264 to MP4.
Step 1: Import H264 files
First, on your Windows PC or Mac, open page H264 to MP4 converter. There are two ways to import h264 files. First, you can simply use the drag and drop method, and second is to go to the ‘Add Files‘ options and select the H264 file you want to convert. Plus, its batch conversion allows you to import multiple files at once.
Step 2: Select MP4 for the output format
Click on the video converter, and you will see a file that will appear on your screen. Select MP4 for your video output format and choose the ‘same as source‘ option to convert the videos without losing their quality.
Step 3: Star the converting process
Select the locations to save your MP4 files and then finalize the converting process. You must choose a location that is readily accessible. After choosing the location, click the converting button to start the process, and your converted file will automatically save in the mentioned location. The converting process is fast, and in seconds, it converts your file and stores it into the converted tab.
Part 2: H264 to MP4 converter online for free
Below we have mentioned three popular h264 to mp4 converters.
Zamzar converter can convert your H264 files in different formats online for free. You can convert in more than twelve hundred formats with the help of this converter. Let’s say you want to convert H.264 file to H.24 use the Zamzar converted because it is reliable and easy to use.
Some features of Zamzar are as follows:
- Zamzar is quite convenient as you can convert your file online without downloading any software.
- The process of converting a file is easy. It just needs three steps to convert your file.
- It claims to complete all the conversions within ten minutes.
- Since 2006, Zamzar has converted video files and received support from millions of users.
- It has a dedicated support system that will respond and provide instant resolution to your issue.
There are also some limitations in using online converters. These include:
- Online converters lack batch conversions. You may come across a lot of difficulties when converting multiple video files.
- A good internet speed is necessary for converting h264 to mp4 online.
- It imposes restrictions like the size of the file, format, and length.
2. Convert Files
Dan Tools Convert Files is another well-known online converter. You can easily convert your file into different formats and types. You can set the quality of the video from low to very high and select the size of the files. It supports various extensions like MP4, MP3, WMV, OGG, AVI, FLV, MPG, SWS, WAV, WMA, MJEPG GIF, DVD, DV, and MVO. Not only video, but it also allows you to convert any audio and an archive.
3. FileZigZag Online File Conversion
FileZigZag can be a good option if you want to convert h264 to mp4 online. Most importantly, it is free of cost and easily accessible. It contains different features like video resize, cutting mp4, maintaining bitrates, and doing a rotation over the video clip. It supports almost all the popular file formats and offers you a hassle-free process of converting the video.
Not only video, but you can also convert an audio, image, archive, web page, document, and e-book. You just need to select the file, choose the mp4 format and finalize your conversion process. It will take seconds, and you can convert your file from h264 to mp4.
Some of the features of FileZigZag are as follows:
- It works on industry-leading servers that enable them to provide you a high-speed service.
- Its software is encoded with sophisticated algorithms, enabling it to provide quality service to you.
- FileZigZag claims to take security measures from time to time to keep its software out of malware and bugs.
- The converted files are deleted in 24 hours from their software. It only retains your files when you submit them to raise your concern or problem. They remove these submitted folders after 30 days from your submission.
- It supports more than 180 formats of files and can process more than 3150 conversions.
- FileZigZag is safe to use as it does not ask for your email id or password, any money charge, and registration.
Part 3: H.264 vs. MP4
The h264 is a powerful video codec compressor that is encrypted to make high-quality videos. It can encode a high-quality video in relatively lower bitrates than other compressor standards. Due to its low bitrates, it is used in HDTV, HD DVD, Blu-ray, and AVCHD camcorders.
Whereas mp4 is a popular multimedia container format also known as MPEG-4. It is a most used format that allows you to store audio, video, subtitle, and images in a single file. Plus, it is compatible with almost all devices, excluding MOV, AVI, and WMV. It is well versed with new digital media streams like YouTube.
So, we have covered all the important points related to the conversion process. Furthermore, we have briefly described h264 and mp4 files and how they are different from each other. You can either download UniConverter or use an online converter to convert your mp4 h264 files.