Have you seen such queries? Or do you have a similar type of question? If so, this article is a must-read for you. Apple offers timely updates to their iOS versions. With their iOS 12, they have introduced a special feature called Screen Time to iPhone users. With this option, you can use a password and restrict the settings of your Screen Time. However, a considerable number of users have complained that they forgot Screen Time Passcode and became helpless often. They have tried everything, including entering their screen lock passwords, but nothing works unless they enter Screen Time passcode.
It is needless to mention how annoying it could be if you have forgotten the Screen Time passcode. If you happen to encounter such a situation, you must find a solution to it as soon as possible. Well, the good news is that we intend to explain effective solutions in this article to address it. No matter what type of iPhone you are using, we will help you how to overcome the situation. So, keep reading.
What is Screen Time?
Screen Time is a special feature introduced by Apple with its latest iOS versions. In fact, the main purpose of introducing this feature is to address various concerns about excessive device usage. Thereby, they expect to prevent social media addiction and smartphone addiction of the individuals. Over the past period, health experts have revealed the negative impacts of excessive usage of smartphones. So, Apple has decided to offer a solution to that by introducing Screen Time.
With iOS 13.3, you will be able to see a new Screen Time feature. For instance, you can even set limits pertaining to certain contacts. It could be useful if you happen to talk to one person without a limit. The same feature is useful to limit the smartphone usage of your kids so their studies won’t be disrupted. Using Screen Time, parents can set a limit to the contacts stored in their iPhones. For instance, you can set 20 minutes per day for the contacts. If not, you can only allow them to call to close family members during the night. Apart from restricting the calls, the same feature can be used to set limits for Face Time and messages. Basically, Screen Time is a way of controlling a particular iPhone’s usage.
- Screen Time is a very important feature linked with iOS, and it works with all the apps. Moreover, you don’t have to make any special changes to apps for Screen Time to affect them.
- You can access Screen Time in the ‘Settings‘ app. It is located alongside the options called ‘Notifications‘ and ‘Do Not Disturb.’ This feature always monitors the way you use the device. Also, it tells you about everything about the duration you have used the device. Moreover, it tells you how long you have used on a particular app or an app category.
- Screen Time can tell the number of times you have picked up your device within a certain period.
- The connected data can be viewed in the form of a chart to make things clearer. That will give you a clear idea about the general usage of the device.
- You can see a weekly report (which will be sent in the form of a notification to you). As a result, you can see exactly what you were doing with the smartphone. In other words, it tells you how much of time you have wasted.
Methods to try if you forgot Screen Time Passcode
As we have mentioned before, there are several solutions to overcome a forgotten Screen Time passcode. In this part, we will explain them one by one, so you can choose the best.
Method 01: Use your default Screen Time passcode
This can be the most basic option you can try once you forgot Screen Time Passcode. You can try the possible default passcode and see if the Screen Time gets unlocked. In fact, this is not a new method, and many users have tried this and succeeded. In this case, you should choose a combination of four digits that don’t necessarily match device passwords. Well, if the device unlocks code is 454545, you cannot succeed with a combination like 4545. If the device’s unlock code is 121212, you cannot use 1212 as the Screen Time passcode. So, you must choose any random passcode that doesn’t match your device’s unlock code by any means. Please note that you should try a different passcode than your iCloud or lock screen passcode.
Method 02: Get rid of the Screen Time Passcode without restoring
If you haven’t synchronized your iOS device with iTunes, you can use a special tool to address the situation. The best and most effective tool you can use for such a situation is Tenoshare 4uKey – iTunes Backup. With this tool, you can easily remove the passcode on the iOS device without any trouble. In addition to that, it can even remove the iTunes backup passcode with a very impressive success rate. The best thing about Tenoshare 4uKey is that it doesn’t cause any data loss during the repairing process. If you forgot Screen Time Passcode and wonder how to recover it easily, you can follow the below-mentioned steps.
01. First, you should download and install Tenoshare 4uKey – iTunes Backup on your Mac or Windows PC. You should choose the version of the software based on the operating system of your computer.
02. Then, you will have to open the installed software on your computer to see the home screen. You can then click on the option labeled ‘Remove Screen Time Passcode.’
03. Once the software is launched, and the appropriate option is selected, connect your iPhone to the same computer. If a message appears to trust the device, just trust it so the device will be identified. Then, please click on the option labeled ‘Start.’
04. After that, you will see the program starts to remove the passcode, which blocks the Screen Time. In fact, you can notice the progress of the unlocking process on the screen. So, in this case, all you have to do is to wait until the unlocking process is completed.
05. Once the process is completed, you can see a message on the screen. This program will notice that the unlocking is successfully completed. Once you see the message, you can disconnect the device from the computer.
You can then view the Screen Time reports, and you don’t have to use any passcode.
Method 03: Reset your iOS device
Another method to remove the Screen Time passcode is erasing the device and resetting it completely. However, you must remember that this method is associated with a major drawback as opposed to the previous option. In fact, this method completely erases all the data stored in your device. Also, there is no way of using the old backups because they include the passcode as well. There are two ways to perform this task. You can do it by accessing the ‘Settings’ menu and choosing ‘Reset All Content and Settings.’ If not, you can restore the iPhone with iTunes using the steps that are mentioned below.
01. First of all, you should switch your computer on and open ‘iTunes‘ application on it.
02. Then, you can connect the iOS device to the computer. Then, iTunes will identify your iOS device without much hassle.
03. When you are on the iTunes home screen, you can see the iOS icon. It is located towards the top of the main window (before the ‘Summary‘ tab).
04. When you are under the tab names ‘Summary‘ you should click on the ‘Restore iPhone‘ option.
05. Then, you can see that iTunes is restoring your iOS device. At this stage, all you have to do is to be patient, so the process will get completed. Once the process is completed, please disconnect the device from the iPhone. Then, you will be able to access Screen Time without a passcode.
So, don’t have to really worry about when you are stuck with the Screen Time password issue. All you have to do is to try any of the above methods. You can use the default password, use iTunes, or Tenorshare to unlock Screen Time. However, as we have mentioned before, each of those methods has different consequences at the end. For instance, using the default password is not that certain, and resetting the device will cause data loss. In that case, the best option to consider is Tenorshare. If you are looking for a convenient, safe way to overcome ‘forgot Screen Time Passcode‘ situation, use Tenorshare.