A lot of Android users have encountered the issue of ‘Your Device isn’t Compatible with this Version‘ error. This notification usually pops up while downloading a few Android applications in your device from the play store. There are multiple reasons for this kind of error.
At a certain point in time, you are going to face the issue of an application that won’t be compatible with your Android device. However, if you open the Google Play Store on your desktop or laptop, you will notice some additional information about the reasons why a particular application won’t run on your device.
Incompatibility does not necessarily mean that your Android device has some technical problems. There may be some problems set by the application developer, such as geo-restrictions. Some applications are launched for particular countries. In case you live in a different country where the app hasn’t been launched, then you might face incompatibility error.
Play Store by Google is the original Application to download various applications. It is the most trusted source for Android devices to install applications. There are a few third-party apps that allow you to install applications manually on your Android device. However, these third-party sources may not be secure and can damage the performance of your mobile device.
If you also face the issue of ‘Your Device isn’t Compatible with this Version,’ stay tuned till the end of the article to find solutions to fix this issue.
Before we begin to look for solutions, it is essential to understand the issue of ‘your device isn’t compatible with this version.’ Without any further ado, let’s get started.
1. Update your Android version
The first reason is a very ordinary one for getting a notification, such as ‘your device isn’t compatible with this version’ while downloading applications. It is because you might not have updated your Android version. There might be a possibility that you are operating on an old Android version, and, therefore, you are receiving such notifications. You need to make sure that the app you are going to download is compatible with your current Android version. Make sure to update your Android versions as soon as they are available on your device.
2. Hardware not supported
Another important cause for the issue, ‘Your Device isn’t Compatible with this Version’ is the Application you are downloading is not compatible with your device’s hardware. Sometimes, device manufacturers choose other hardware parts and different chipsets, which are not so popular.
There are times when application developers are involved in optimizing their apps for well-known chipsets. This particular reason can lead to incompatibility errors for certain applications in your Android device.
3. Availability of new devices
One of the biggest reasons for the issue your device isn’t compatible with this version is the availability of multiple latest devices. Almost every month, new devices are launched in the market with better specifications and features. Application developers are expected to level up with every new model.
However, it is not possible for app developers to make the Application run smoothly in each Android device. This leads to the developers focusing more on compatibility with a few devices. To save themselves from the negative criticism for fear that the Application doesn’t work, a few devices are termed as incompatible. Multiple applications can run perfectly on your Android device even if the Play Store shows incompatibility error.
The companies are busy manufacturing new models and devices rather than providing frequent updates for old Android devices. Everyone doesn’t have the luxury to purchase a new device every month. Companies should start focusing on fixing the bugs and issues of older devices. If you are one of those, who can’t afford new devices now and then, keep on reading this article to find multiple solutions to fix your incompatibility issue.
4. Identify the real cause
You might still be wondering why Google Play Store shows ‘Your Device isn’t Compatible with this Version’ error? There are multiple reasons behind this. To find out the actual cause, go to Google Play Store on a laptop or PC. The web-based Play Store shows the issue similar to your mobile, but it also gives you extra information.
After clicking on the error, you will see a list of devices that are attached to the same email address for the Google Play Store. You can see a list of reasons for incompatibility issues for any application. A few reasons are the low operating system version and country restrictions.
If you feel that the reasons mentioned above are not fit for the issue your device isn’t compatible with this version; then there may be some bugs and problems in your device.
Seven methods will help you to fix the “Your Device isn’t Compatible with this Version” error.
Method 1 to Fix “Your Device isn’t Compatible with this Version”
- Stop the running of Google Play Store application in your Android phone’s background
- Tap on ‘Settings’ on your Android device
- Select ‘Application Manager’
- Find ‘Google Play services’ and tap on it
- Select ‘Clear Cache’ option
After you finish all these steps, start your play store application again. The ‘your device isn’t compatible with this version’ issue should be solved now.
Method 2 to Fix “Your Device isn’t Compatible with this Version”
There might be a chance that the above solution doesn’t solve your ‘your device isn’t compatible with this version’ issue. Don’t worry; we have got another method for you.
- Launch ‘Settings’ on your Android device
- Select ‘Application Manager’
- Look for ‘Google Play Store’ and tap on it
- Select ‘Uninstall updates’ button
- Tap ‘OK’ option
This method will erase the latest updates of your Play Store application and possibly fix the issue.
Method 3 to Fix “Your Device isn’t Compatible with this Version”
If the second method didn’t work for you, try this one. This will fix ‘Your Device isn’t Compatible with this Version’ issue.
- Launch ‘Settings’ on your device
- Choose ‘Application Manager’
- Look for ‘Google Play services’ in the listing of applications
- Tap on ‘Uninstall updates’
- Click the ‘OK’ button
Don’t get confused between method 2 and method 3. In method 2, we told you to uninstall updates from the Google Play Store. However, in method 3, we are asking you to solve the issue by uninstalling updates from the Google Play services application.
Method 4 to Fix “Your Device isn’t Compatible with this Version”
Your Android device must be connected with the installed ‘SuperSU application’ in order to fix the ‘your device isn’t compatible with version’ error.
- Download and install the ‘Market Helper’ for apk files
- Open the Application on your device
- Select options from the list to copy any recent device from the Android device’s manufacturer
- Select ‘Activate’ option
- Allow permissions to the Application
- After some time, you will notice a message, ‘Activated successfully.’
- Open the play store application
- Download and install any application
If you receive a notification that this Application is not accessible in your region or country, download and launch a VPN application from the Play Store. Now, connect the VPN and try to install the same Application.
Method 5 to Fix “Your Device isn’t Compatible with this Version”
Method 5 is the most preferred method to solve ‘Your Device isn’t Compatible with this Version’ issue.
You can try these steps if they are executed on your device by a manufacturer. Also, this particular method demands your Android device be embedded.
- Go online and look for a similar model number of any recent device launched by Android device’s manufacturer
- Look for a model number of the device, which is accessible in your region
- When you find the model number, copy it exactly the way it is
- Go to Google Play Store
- Download the ‘ES file explorer’ Application
- Install and open the ‘ES file explorer’ Application
- Find the ‘Tools’ part of the Application
- Enable the ‘Show hidden files’ and ‘Root Explorer’ features
- Find a file with the name ‘System’ below the page name ‘/’
- Find ‘build.prop’ file
- Rename ‘build.prop’ file to ‘xbuild.prop.’ file
- Copy the file that you renamed
- Paste it into the SD space of your device
- Open the file on the ‘ES note editor’ Application
- As soon as the file opens, write the model number that you have copied in step number 3 after the below mentioned commands:
- Enter any recent Android version after:
- Save changes
- Go to ‘/’ page and choose ‘System’ file
- Look for a file named ‘xbuild.prop.’
- Rename ‘xbuild.prop’ file to ‘build.prop.’
- Copy the file and paste it into SD storage
- Now, assign ‘read’ permissions to ‘group,’ owner,’ and other,’ ‘write’ permissions to ‘owner,’ and ‘execute’ permissions to no one
- Save all the changes
- Reboot your Android device
After all these steps, try downloading applications from the Play Store. This method will fix ‘your device isn’t compatible with this version’ error. If you get a message ‘this application is not accessible in your country,’ then download and launch a VPN application and retry downloading the applications.
Method 6 Root your device
The last method to solve your device isn’t compatible with this version issue is to update Android OS. Nowadays, old devices do not get enough updates. People go on to buy a new device to escape this problem. However, if you don’t want to buy a new Android device, try to root your device.
Root your Android device, then launch custom ROMS and use the latest Android Operating System (OS).
The process of rooting may break your Android device permanently. If your device is not capable of running the latest operating system, your device will encounter multiple issues.
Method 7 Try Yalp app store
Sometimes, the Application that you are downloading may not be accessible in your region. Therefore, it shows a notification ‘your device isn’t compatible with this version.’ To solve this issue, you can download an application called ‘Yalp,’ which has similar functions like Google Play Store.
Yalp Store app allows you to download an application from the Google Play Store as apk files. It saves downloaded apk files to your default location on your device. Yalp has several features, including filtration of applications, white/blacklisting applications for updates, and browsing categories.
The significance of Yalp is to be independent and small. Yalp has features similar to the Google Play Store, such as running, listing, and installing/uninstalling local applications. This application is safe, secure, and reliable. You can download it without worrying about the loss of your data or any damage to your device.
Features of Yalp
- Install applications from Play Store without the use of the Google Play Store
- Download updates from Yalp as soon as they are released
- The design and UI of Yalp is very simple
- Download applications without having a Google account
- Filtration of apps, such as apps with advertisements, and paid applications
- Download apks and install updates from Google Play Store without installing GMS suite or Gapps
- Enable ‘Unknown sources’ in ‘Settings.’
All the methods mentioned above are enough to fix Your Device isn’t Compatible with this Version error. These solutions will surely resolve this error. Before attempting any method, make sure you find the correct cause of the issue. Analyze the issue deeply and then go on to attempt any method. If your device still shows this error, go to the nearest mobile store in your locality, and seek expert guidance.