- The settings of your program or even the program itself might have been corrupted.
- The service called “Quality Windows Audio Video Experience” is disabled.
- The respective chat app you intend to open has administrator privileges.
01. Perform a reinstallation of the respective program
However, if you still want to learn how to do it, mentioned below are the steps to follow.
As per this method, we assume that there is something wrong with the existing installation. Also, based on the type of the programs, some of your user files can go missing. So, if you have some files created with that respective program, you may create a backup of that information. After that, please go ahead with the installation (with the following steps).
- To begin, you should press the Windows key to bring the start menu. If not, you can click on the start button. That will bring the Windows Start Menu up.
- When the start menu is up, you can enter the name of the program. For instance, if you want to uninstall Discord, you should enter “Discord.” If it is Skype, just enter the text “Skype.” Likewise, you should simply enter the name of the program.
- Now, you should perform a right-click on the respective program and choose to “Uninstall.”
- Once the process is completed and the program is uninstalled, you can download the application again. This time, you will download the most recent version of the application.
Please note that you will face hard times when uninstalling some applications.
If you find it difficult to uninstall any of those applications, you can use an uninstaller tool. IObit is one of those tools that can do the uninstalling in a very effective manner. With this tool, you will be able to uninstall any stubborn program that doesn’t get uninstalled properly. So, give it a try and uninstall those faulty programs easily. You can easily download the program, get it installed, and launch it. Once you have launched it, you will see a button to uninstall the program effortlessly. It will uninstall the program and leave no leftovers.
02. Get rid of the folder of the respective program from AppData
Please follow below simple guide to delete the folder from AppData.
- First, you should launch Windows Explorer. To do that, you can use keyboard shortcuts. Just press the “Windows” key and “E” keys together to launch it.
- Once the explorer window is open, you can see a list of icons. All you need is to choose the icon labeled “This PC.”
- Then, you should navigate to the path mentioned below.
- Now, you should perform a right-click on the respective folder of the program. After that, you should select the option called “Delete.”
- In some cases, there is a possibility to get an error message when you try to delete it. The message might say that you cannot delete the folder as it is being used. However, you can avoid this error simply by accessing the task manager. Go to the task manager utility and end the faulty task.
That’s it. You can now reinstall the faulty application and see if it works.
03. Set the service to be started automatically
You can try this option if the previous two options have failed. There is a service called “Start Quality Windows Audio Video Experience.” You will have to set this specific service to start automatically on your system. As a result, you might see that the error is fixed. If you want to learn how to do it, follow the steps that are mentioned below.
- First, you should launch the “Run” utility on your PC. To do it, you should press both the “Windows” and “R” keys together.
- Once the “Run” command is open, you can go ahead and enter the text “services.msc“.
- You can go down on the page now. Then, you should see the option called “Quality Windows Audio Video Experience.”
- You can then perform a right-click on that option. After that, you should choose the option called “Properties.”
- When you see the option called “Startup Type,” you should see a couple of entries. Choose the option “Automatic” from the dropdown.
- Press “Windows” and “R” keys to bring the “Run” utility up.
- Then, enter the text “services.msc“.
- Now, scroll down to locate “Quality Windows Audio Video Experience.”
- Perform a right-click on that and choose “Properties.”
- Now, go to the option called “Log On.”
- Click on the option called “Browse.”
- Now, you will see a box called “Enter.”
- Provide the name of your Windows account.
- Choose the option called “Check Names.”
- Wait for a while and press “OK.”
- Enter the password in the provided field.
04. Run the program as an administrator
- Go to the executable file of the program.
- Perform a right-click on it and click on “Properties.”
- Choose the option called “Compatibility.”
- Then, select the box that represents “Run this program as an administrator” to proceed.
- Hit OK to proceed.