iPhone 6 bootloop is a common issue as of today. If you own an iPhone 6 and you updated it to iOS 13, you may have already experienced this issue.
Aspects of malware infection and imperfect updates can be the common causes of this iPhone 6 bootloop issue.
In fact, the reboot loop is an annoying issue that can panic an iPhone user significantly. If your iPhone displays the Apple logo for a while, reboots automatically, and repeats it, that’s frustrating, isn’t it?
Well, you don’t need to feel helpless anymore. This article is just for those who are looking to fix iPhone 6 bootloop. In this article, we will provide you step by step guide to get rid of this annoying issue.
In fact, we offer four practical solutions to overcome this boot loop issue. You can select the best out of them and fix the issue.
Segment 1. What Causes iPhone 6 Bootloop?
Before we get to know how to fix iPhone 6 bootloop, it is better to know its causes. Practically, a number of events can cause this bootloop issue on your iOS device.
One of the most common causes of this issue is bad or improper updates. For instance, if an interruption occurred during an update process, the device is likely to experience a bootloop issue. However, even after the completion of an update, some iPhones tend to show this issue.
When it comes to jailbroken iOS devices, the chances of experiencing a bootloop are more. A jailbroken iOS device is generally susceptible to various malware attacks. So, if you have a jailbroken iPhone or an iPad, you have a greater chance of experiencing a bootloop issue.
Therefore, if you don’t jailbreak the device, you can minimize the chances of experiencing a boot loop. If the iOS device is already jailbroken, you should prevent downloading unreliable apps from third parties.
Apart from that, an issue like a bad driver or a hardware issue can be a strong reason for this issue. However, you don’t need to worry much about it as there are plenty of ways to overcome it.
From this point onwards, this article focuses on explaining how to overcome all the potential causes of the iPhone bootloop.
PS: if you are facing the Windows 10 automatic repair loop issue, here are the top solutions for you.
Segment 2. How to Fix iPhone 6 Bootloop Issue without Losing Your Data
Although some of the methods work pretty well to overcome iPhone 6 bootloop issues, they may cause data loss. This can be bad news for those who have really valuable data stored on their iPhones.
So, if you need to get the problem solved without data loss, you should consider using an advanced tool. This is when a software tool like dr.fone – iOS Repair comes in handy. dr.fone – Repair is capable of fixing many other issues related to iOS.
For instance, it can address the black screen and white Apple logo in addition to the restart loop. In fact, dr.fone – Repair is yet another powerful tool included in the dr.fone toolkit. This specific software works perfectly on all the iOS versions and many devices. If you need to get the bootloop issue, or iPhone Error 4013 fixed as soon as possible, you can use dr.fone – Repair.
First, Let’s Check the Most Notable Features Associated with dr.fone – Repair.
- It can easily fix many of the iPhone system errors without any data loss
- dr.fone – Repair can bring back your iOS to normal status keeping all the files as they were
- Offer solutions to issues like iPhone Stuck on Apple Logo, black screen, iPhone stuck in headphone mode and white Apple logo, iPhone won’t restore.
- It is also capable of fixing even the iTunes errors like iTunes Error 4013, 14, 9, 27, etc.
- It is designed to be compatible with many of the iPhone models, iPads, and iPod touch.
- Be compatible with iOS 15 as well.
Now, Let’s See How to Get Rid of iPhone Bootloop Using This Advanced Software Tool.
01. Download dr.fone software by visiting their official website. You can easily install it on your PC or Mac without any issue. The installation process is pretty simple. After the installation, you have to launch the program. On the welcome screen, you will be able to see several options. Just click on the System Repair option as the initial process of repairing.
02. Now, you should connect your iOS device to the computer and give it a couple of seconds. Your system will detect the iOS device really soon. At the completion of the recognition process, you should click on the “Start” button to move on to the next step.
03. In order to recover and get the recovery process going, you should put your device in DFU mode. To get the device into DFU mode, you should;
- Press and hold the power button and home button simultaneously for 10 seconds.
- Then, release the power button only.
- The device will automatically enter the DFU mode.
Once the device is in DFU mode, the application itself will identify it. After that, you can release the home button.
04. Now, you can see a new window. In this window, you will have to provide the iOS version your device runs. Also, you should provide the model number. At the completion of this process, you will be able to download the correct firmware on your iOS device. Now, you should press the “Download” option.
05. The application will start to download the firmware. During this process, you must ensure that the phone is connected to the system without any interruption. At the completion of the download process, you should click on the “Fix Now” option to fix your device.
06. The above steps will fix the boot loop issue on your iPhone. This process will bring back your iPhone into normal mode.
Now, it is a matter of disconnecting your phone and using it. The iPhone 6 bootloop issue will be fixed by now. However, if you failed to get your phone back to normal mode, you will have to try it once again.
Segment 3. Fix iPhone 6 Bootloop Issue Using a Force Restart
Perhaps, this can be the most convenient method to get rid of the iPhone boot loop issue. With this method, all you have to do is to force restart the phone and end the power cycle.
To force restart the iPhone, you should press and hold the Home and Wake/Sleep buttons simultaneously. When you press and hold those buttons for 10 seconds, the device will vibrate and end the reboot loop. You will feel that it gives a vibration effect before restarting.
However, force restarting is different with iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus. With such devices, you will have to press and hold the Volume Down and Sleep/Wake buttons together.
Segment 4. Fix iPhone 6 Bootloop Issue with iTunes
You can use iTunes in order to get rid of the iPhone 6 bootloop. Apart from stopping the bootloop, this method helps you restore the backup too.
This method can work effectively to fix the bootloop issue even if the device is in DMU mode. DMU stands for Device Firmware Update. Using this specific method, you can deploy a restoring method.
Here’s the Step-by-step Guide to Getting the End Boot Loop You Experience with Your iPhone.
01. Connect your iPhone to the computer using the original USB cable. You should use the original cable to prevent potential errors.
02. After connecting the device, iTunes will start to monitor the potential issues associated with the device. Eventually, iTunes will display a pop-up message asking permission to restore your iPhone device. Just select the “Restore” button and iTunes will restore the device and fix the issue.
03. However, if you don’t get such a message, you will have to restore the device manually. In this case, you should go to the “Summary” section of the device which is located under Restore Backups. Just click on the Backup and wait until iTunes does the job for you.
Segment 5. Solving iPhone 6 Bootloop Issue Using Factory Reset
If you didn’t succeed with any of the methods mentioned above, you would have to consider the ultimate option. In other words, this is the time you should try a factory reset. You must remember that a factory reset wipes out all the data on your phone.
After a factory reset, your phone will function as a brand-new one. Therefore, before you perform a factory reset, it is important to get a backup. Later on, you can restore this backup.
01. Connect the cable to your iPhone only. Leave the other side of the cable-free.
02. Then, press and hold the home button of the device for a couple of seconds. Simultaneously, you should connect the device to the system.
03. After that, you should open iTunes on the system. This is done in order to put the phone into recovery mode. When you see the iTunes logo on the screen, just release the home button. You can enter the recovery mode of the device now and restore the backup using iTunes.
We are pretty sure that you can overcome the iPhone 6 bootloop issue with one of the methods mentioned above. Please feel free to share your experience and thoughts with us.