When Facebook images not loading, it surely can be huge trouble for regular users. Facebook is more about sharing your experiences with others while staying connected. Images or the pictures of your Facebook page plays a major role when it comes to seeing the updates. So, when Facebook Not Loading Pictures, it becomes more of a meaningless platform to stay. Therefore, let’s figure out how to fix it as soon as possible.
There are many individuals who say that Facebook Not Loading and they see only black or white box. Moreover, making it worse, some users cannot even see avatars. Well, there are several reasons for this issue and multiple solutions to address it. So, continue reading this article and learn how to do fix this error for good.
Part 1: Solutions to try if Facebook not loading pictures on your Android or iOS device
You can access Facebook through its web-based platform or mobile app. In this section, we explain what to do if Facebook not loading on your mobile app. In general, the Facebook app runs very well on both Android and iOS devices. However, due to various reasons, the app can malfunction and experience different issues at least occasionally. This issue can appear out of nowhere. Regardless of the model of the iPhone you are using, this issue can appear all of a sudden. Also, it can appear on any Android device no matter what brand it is. With that said, mentioned below are the fixes you should try to get this issue resolved.
01. Restart the device if Facebook images not loading
Of course, this method might sound like a no brainer. However, it can be effective for many users to fix the issue. Also, restarting the device doesn’t take that long at all. So, it is always important to try this method first, and you don’t have to try complex ones. In addition to that, restarting the device can fix various other minor issues associated with it. So, be it an iOS or Android device, restart it, and see if the issue is resolved.
02. Update the Facebook Messenger App or reinstall it to fix ‘Facebook Not Loading Pictures’
In certain cases, the culprit behind the “Facebook not loading” issue can be the Facebook Messenger app. When the Facebook messenger app cannot receive images and videos, this error can appear. So, if restarting the device didn’t solve the issue, the next simplest method is to update the app. As a result of the update, potential bugs associated with the app will be addressed. Even the update cannot fix the error; you should then uninstall the app completely and reinstall a fresh copy. This will do the trick for most users.
03. Check if there is something wrong with the internet connection
It goes without saying that Facebook requires an internet connection to work properly and display the latest content. If the connection is too slow or unstable, your page will not be updated as expected. In that case, issues like “Facebook not loading” can trigger and disturb your user experience. If you are using a Wi-Fi connection, be sure that you get enough coverage. If you get poor signal strength, restart the router or the modem. However, if the device cannot connect to the Wi-Fi router even when it works fine, reset its network settings. The methods, of course, can vary based on the type of the OS.
For Android devices
For Android users, you should tap on the option called “Network Settings Reset.” This is located under the option called “Settings.” Then go to the option called “Locate” and choose “Backup & Reset.”
For iOS devices
If you are using an iPad or an iPhone, tap on “Reset Network Settings.” To find that, go to “Settings” and choose “Generals.” After that, tap on “Reset.”
04. Clear the cache of your device (for Android devices) to fix ‘Facebook Not Loading Pictures’
Android devices usually start storing data soon after starting the device. The cache memory of the device can grow into a very big file over time. Eventually, it can lead to sloppy and unstable device performance. Also, these files stored in the cache can become corrupted. So, you must ensure that the cache is cleared often to prevent potential errors. In certain cases, “Facebook not loading pictures’ can be a result of the corrupted cache. So, cleaning the cache is essential for any Android device if you expect a smooth performance from it.
In fact, cleaning cache can be done manually or through a simple app as well. If you intend to do it without downloading any app, here are the steps.
- Go to the “Settings” app on the device and tap on the option called “Application.”
- After that, tap on the app whose cache should be cleared (in this case, it is Facebook).
- Then, please tap on the “Clear Cache.”
- As a result, the app will go back to the default status.
You can use apps to clear cache, or go to Settings > App, tap into Facebook, and tap the “Clear cache“, but make sure that you understand what it means to set the app to default.
For many users, this method may work and fix the “Facebook not loading” issue well. If not, move to the next option.
05. Use the Facebook desktop version to fix ‘Facebook Not Loading Pictures’
Now that you have tried all those fixes and no result, try the Facebook desktop version. That means you should use Facebook on the PC instead of the mobile device.
However, you can use an app like VidPaw to download Facebook videos and view them. In fact, VidPaw is a handy online video downloader.
With the assistance of VidPaw, you can download other videos from different sources as well. It allows you to download videos through 1,000 websites. Moreover, this app is compatible with all the leading browsers such as Chrome, Firefox, and so on. You can save the downloaded files in any standard format, including MP3, WEBM, 3GP, etc.
06. Perform a factory reset on your Android or iPhone
If you have tried all those methods and you don’t want to use a computer, try this method. As per this method, you will have to reset the device to its factory defaults. Please note that all the data available on your device will be gone after the factory reset. At the completion of the factory reset, the device will start as if you have bought it now. Configure the device from scratch, and the issue should be gone.
Part 2: Facebook images not loading on your computer
Are you using a computer to browse Facebook? And, suddenly, you experience “Facebook not loading”? Well, there are fixes to address this issue. Let’s find it out.
01. Change the DNS settings to Google Public DNS to fix ‘Facebook images not loading’
Sometimes, the DNS settings on the computer may prevent you from using Facebook smoothly. In this case, you should use Google Public DNS as a solution. To do that, you should follow the steps mentioned below.
- Hit the “Windows” logo and “R” on your keyboard to launch the “Run” utility on the computer.
- Then, enter the text “ncpa.cpl” and hit the “Enter” key.
- Once you have done that, you should right-click on the Internet connection and choose properties.
- Now, you should double-click on the option called “Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)“.
- Then, choose the option called Use the following DNS server addresses. Now, enter the Google Public DNS addresses. The preferred DNS server should be 126.96.36.199, and Alternate DNS Server should be 188.8.131.52.
- Once you have done that, click on OK.
- Restart both the router and the modem.
02. Visit Facebook through a VPN to fix ‘Facebook images not loading’
If you experience network-related issues, you can try using a VPN and see if the issue is gone. It is possible to configure the VPN connection manually. However, it will take a considerable amount of time and effort. So, you can use a VPN service to make it easier. NordVPN is one of the best examples of VPNs.
The best thing about NordVPN is that it comes with a very user-friendly interface. You can use it to configure a faster, stable, and well-secured VPN network easily. You will have to use only a couple of clicks to do that.
Mentioned below are the steps to use NordVPN.
- Download NordVPN and install it.
- Now, run NordVPN and choose from where you should connect to the internet.
- Now that the VPN is configured reload your Facebook page and see if it works. If Facebook Not Loading Pictures yet, try the next fix.
03. Clear the network cache to fix ‘Facebook images not loading’
If nothing has worked, clear the network cache to fix the “Facebook not loading” error.
- Launch command prompt in Administrator mode.
- Enter the command lines given below (make sure you hit enter after each line).
netsh winsock reset
net stop dhcp
net start dhcp
netsh winhttp reset proxy
Check if Facebook images not loading issue is gone. So, that’s it!