“ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE” is an error associated with web browsers. There are many individuals who have experienced this error due to various reasons and looking for solutions. If you fall into that category and looking for a surefire way to solve it, keep reading. The next paragraphs will explain more about the err_empty_response chrome error.
- The frequency of receiving err_empty_response may vary from one user to another due to various reasons.
- Although err_empty_response chrome error can appear on any web browser, Google Chrome shows more tendency to experience it.
Bonus tip on Err_empty_response in Chrome on Windows 10:
Restoro can be considered one of the best tools that can be used to repair your PC. This specific tool has the ability to repair various errors related to your PC. When you repair your PC using Restoro, you can retain your files. Moreover, it allows you to protect your PC from various types of malware as well. This tool can even protect your PC from hardware failure. Restoro has enough features to optimize your computer so it will deliver excellent performance.
Besides, let’s figure out how to block adult websites on Google Chrome with ease.
You can use it to optimize your PC with the following couple of steps.
- First, you should go to the official website of Restoro and download it.
- Then, install it on your PC and click on the button labeled “Start Scan.”
- Once the scan is completed, you are supposed to click on the option called “Repair All.” That will fix all the errors that are pertaining to your PC’s overall performance.
Err_empty_response Windows 10 – how to fix it
Now, let’s take a look at the main issue; how to fix err_empty_response on your system? In fact, this specific error can appear on any web browser. However, as mentioned before, Google Chrome users experience this error more frequently compared to others. Regardless of the browser, however, we intend to tell you how to fix it.
Solution 1: Make use of the command prompt to fix err_empty_response
The first solution you can try is to use a command prompt on your system. To do that, you should follow the steps mentioned below.
- Press both Windows and X keys together so you can launch a menu with Power User options. From that, you can choose the option called Command Prompt (Admin).
- Once the command prompt is opened, you should enter the command lines mentioned below.
ipconfig /release [hit Enter] ipconfig /all [hit Enter] ipconfig /flushdns [hit Enter] ipconfig /renew [hit Enter] netsh int ip set dns [hit Enter] netsh winsock reset [hit Enter]
- Once all of those commands are entered, you should close the window and perform a restart.
- Now, you can open the web browser to see if the err_empty_response Chrome is gone.
Solution 2: Use a different web browser
If the previous solution didn’t work, you could try this one. If you have experienced err_empty_response with a specific web browser, use a browser like Opera. Compared to other browsers, Opera has applied so many security precautions on their browser to assure your privacy. On top of that, Opera gives excellent options in terms of customization.
In contrary to browsers that consume a lot of resources, Opera has pretty fast performance. In fact, it requires a minimal amount of CPU and RAM regardless of the number of features it has. When it comes to features, you can find a very useful AdBlocker on Opera. That allows you to increase the overall speed of the page.
On top of that, you will get an unlimited, free VPN as a built-in tool on the Opera browser. That is an excellent feature to protect your privacy and keep you away from potential threats. It is a completely free browser with plenty of features. So, go ahead and give it a try to avoid the err_empty_response Windows 10 error.
Opera browser offers you an option to stay away from many common errors you would otherwise experience. Since it is a free tool, it doesn’t cost anything.
Solution 3: Browse the internet with incognito mode
If you are yet to succeed, it is better to try incognito mode and browse the internet. Pretty much any web browser supports this feature, so go ahead and give it a try.
- First, you should click on the button labeled “Menu” on the browser to proceed.
- After that, click on the option called “New incognito windows.”
- But there is an easier method to accomplish the same task; you can even use a keyboard shortcut. “Ctrl,” “Shift,” and “N” are the keys you should press at once to bring a new incognito window.
If you see the website works without err_empty_response error on incognito, it’s probably because of a 3rd party addon.
Solution 4: Disable the potential addons
If you cannot succeed even with incognito mode, here’s another solution. As per this, you should disable any of the third-party addons installed on your browser. That will probably fix err_empty_response Windows 10. Mentioned below are those steps you should follow to disable the addons.
- First, you should click on the menu and then go to More tools. After that, go to the option called “Extensions.”
- You will see a checkbox next to each of those extensions. If they are already checked, you should click on them once again and disable them. You should repeat the same process to disable each of the extensions that are installed.
- Now, you can restart your browser and see if err_empty_response Chrome is gone.
- If you don’t see any err_empty_response Windows 10 error, you can enable one extension after the other. Then, you can see which one causes an issue. After finding the problematic extension, you can uninstall it.
Solution 5: Disable any VPN installed in your system
VPNs often become handy to protect your privacy and keep cyber criminals away. However, they can cause some conflicts as well. So, if you have a VPN in your system, disable it and see if the problem is solved. If the problem persists after disabling the VPN, you can even uninstall and see what happens.
Solution 6: Clear your browsing data to fix Err_empty_response in Chrome on Windows 10
If you still notice err_empty_response chrome, you can try clearing the browsing data and see if it works. Mentioned below is how to do it.
- First, you should click on “Menu” on the browser and go to the option called “Settings.”
- Now, you can scroll down and click on the option called “Show advanced settings.”
- Locate the section called “Privacy” and click on the option called “Clear Browsing Data.”
- You will find several options and from that, choose the option called “the beginning of time.”
- Now, see if you can see Cookies and other data to be cleared.
- After that, click on the option called “Clear browsing data.”
- That’s it. Close the browser and restart Chrome.
Solution 7: Delete the content in the Temp folder
If none of the solutions have worked so far, you should delete the Temp folder’s content. Mentioned below are those steps you should follow.
- First, you should launch the “Windows” and “R” keys together. That will bring the “Run” utility up. In that, you can enter the text “%temp%” and hit “Enter.” If not, you can even press “OK.”
- Now, you are supposed to delete all those files in the temporary folder.
Solution 8: Get rid of the Cache of Google Chrome DNS
Here’s another solution you can try if you notice err_empty_response error when you use a web browser.
- First, you should launch the Chrome browser and go to “chrome://net-internals/#dns.” This should be entered in your web browser’s address bar.
- Now, you are supposed to click on the option called “Clear host cache.”
- Once you have done that, just go ahead and restart the browser.
- See if the problem is fixed.
Solution 9: Change the DNS to fix Err_empty_response in Chrome on Windows 10
You can try changing the DNS if the err_empty_response still annoys you.
- Use “Windows” and “X” keys together and click on “Network Connections.”
- Now, choose the connection and go to Properties after right-clicking on it.
- Now, you should select the option that includes “TCP/IPv4“. Click on the option called Properties.
- Now, choose the option called “Use the following DNS….“. Then, you should enter the values 18.104.22.168 as Preferred DNS. Also, as the Alternate DNS, you should use 22.214.171.124.
- If not, you can use 126.96.36.199. As Preferred and 188.8.131.52 as Alternate DNS server).
- Save the changes you have made and see if the error is fixed.
Solution 10: Update the drivers of your PC
in some cases, your device might experience err_empty_response chrome error as a result of outdated drivers. In that case, you are supposed to update the drivers on your device to fix it.
There are two methods to consider if you want to update the drivers. You can either go for the manual method or the automatic method.
To download drivers manually, you can visit the official website of the respective manufacturers. Then, you can search for the latest drivers and download them. However, this requires some effort and time as you should find the most appropriate, recent drivers. Also, you must be sure to avoid random, fake websites that claim to offer drivers.
Download the drivers automatically using Driver Easy [RECOMMENDED]
The most convenient method to download drivers is to do it through a professional tool. The best tool we can recommend is Driver Easy due to various obvious reasons. In this case, you will save plenty of time and face no risk of downloading malware or fake drivers.
Mentioned below is how to use Driver Easy to download drivers automatically.
- Download Driver Easy from their official website and install it.
- Launch the program and hit “Scan Now.”
- With each driver, you will find a button called “Update.” Click on each of those drivers if you use the free version.
- If you use the Pro version, click on “Update All.”
That’s it. We hope at least one of the above solutions will fix the err_empty_response Windows 10 error.