A common way of deleting data from a jailbroken iPhone is to go to Settings on the iPhone and then hit the button Erase all Content and Settings. But this method may force you to restore your iPhone through iTunes or even make your iPhone a brick. When you take this method, it means that all the data has to be erased from your iPhone and you will lose the original jailbroken status at the same time.
So is there a solution that can delete data on the iPhone and still keep the jailbroken status of your iPhone? We can assure you that we can easily help you to solve this problem by showing you three methods in the following article. Each one is made exclusively for a certain type of users. Choose the suitable solution for yourself. What you should keep in mind is that you have to back up your iPhone first before you start to delete the data.
- Method 1: Use iMyfone Umate Pro to delete iPhone data with the jailbroken status remained. (Suggested)
- Method 2: Remove your iPhone data with the jailbroken status remained. (Available for iOS 5.0-6.1.2 only)
- Method 3: How to erase data on your iPhone with jailbroken status remained. (Available with jailbroken iPhone only)
Method 1: Use iMyfone Umate Pro for iOS to delete iPhone data with the jailbroken status remained. (Suggested)
Speaking of jailbreak, it is a unique technique that permits root access to the iOS file system and manager, allowing the download of additional applications, extensions, and themes that is unavailable through the official Apple App Store. It may sound tricky and hi-tech for normal cell phone users.
So is there anything you can do if you want to delete the data on your iPhone and keep the jailbreak so that you don’t have to start the jailbreaking all over again?
Yes, of course, all you have to do is to take the following instructions seriously. With the help of iMyfone Umate for iOS Devices, you will be able to erase the data you want with one simple click and don’t have to worry about losing the jailbreak. It is a perfect solution for iOS users such as iPhone 6/6S/SE/5S/5C/5/4S/4/3GS since there is no high-tech knowledge required at all and anyone can achieve a pleasing result.
Before the main procedure, there are some preparations you should do first. Get iMyfone Umate Pro for iOS downloaded on your computer and your iPhone and a USB cable ready.
- Step 1. Use a USB cable to connect the iOS device to your computer. Wait for a few seconds and then iMyfone Umate Pro will detect the iPhone automatically.
- Step 2. Find and hit the button ERASE ALL DATA in the menu of the program. Pick a security level for the delete process.
- Step 3. Hit Start to initiate the process.
- Step 4. The process of deleting is irreversible which means you can’t get your data back once the whole process is finished. To prevent deleting data by mistake, the program will ask you to type in a word all by yourself in the middle of the process.
- Step 5. When you are sure about to delete the data on your iPhone and realize the consequence, just can confirm your choice. Thus, the program will start to erase your data on your iPhone and settings immediately.
The whole process of erasing may require some time. During the process, you just need to keep the connection solid and wait for a couple of minutes. After it is finished, you ought to reboot your iPhone just to find it a clean as a new one without losing the original jailbreak.
Method 2: Remove your iPhone data with the jailbroken status remained. (Available for iOS 5.0-6.1.2 only)
This method is feasible on the basis of the program Semi-Restore. We offer you an available link for you to download conveniently. You have to pay attention that the method is only operable for the iOS 5.0-6.1.2 users. If the iOS version of your iPhone is not within 5.0-6.1.2, then you may have to skip this solution and find another one appropriate.
- Step 1. After you download the program, decompress the installation package and install the EXE file on your computer.
- Step 2. Make the connection between your iPhone and your computer. Wait for a few seconds for the computer to detect the program.
- Step 3. Hit the button on the right side of the progress bar. Then just follow the instruction the program gives you.
- Step 4. Your iPhone will repeat the reboot process for a couple of times during the whole time. When the process is finally over, you will find your iPhone free of useless data but still remain the jailbroken status.
Method 3: How to erase data on your iPhone with jailbroken status remained. (This App available with jailbroken iPhone only)
If you are searching for an app that allows you to wipe out all data on your iPhone and still remain the jailbroken status of your iPhone, then we recommend you to use iLEX RAT. You can easily get this program from Cydia store. Curious about it? Then just go ahead with the following instruction if you are interested in this program.
- Step 1. Go to Cydia store to download iLEX RAT and install it on your PC.
- Step 2. Find another app: MobileTerminal in the Cydia store as well. Install it on your iPhone promptly.
- Step 3. Launch MobileTerminal after you respring the iOS device.
- Step 4. Put in the rat in the command zone. You will see a list full of choices showing in front of you. You ought to choose the 12th choice in order to erase the data on your iPhone.
- Step 5. When the program asks if you are sure about your movement, just click YES to confirm and continue the process.
- Step 6. Restart your iPhone as soon as the process is over.
After restarting your iPhone, you will find that nearly all of the data except for stock apps and Ilex RAT has been erased from your iPhone. At this point, you complete the wiping out procedure.