Many individuals want to learn about the Dropbox video download process. If you belong to that crowd, read this article and know how to do it with ease.
You might have heard of the tool called Dropbox before. In simplest terms, it is a cloud storage platform. You can get 2 GB of space for free after signing up for a Dropbox account. However, if you want more space than 2GB, you should go for a paid plan. In addition to that, Dropbox offers the option of sharing, saving, downloading, and synchronizing your files.
It gives you the option of uploading the files and save them there as long as you want. Then, you can download those files whenever you need them. Dropbox comes with a very convenient user-interface as well. So, you don’t have to be an expert to use this handy tool.
Nevertheless, some individuals face some difficulties when it comes to downloading videos. However, to make it convenient for you, we have composed this guideline. In this article, we explain the process of Dropbox video download in Android, iPhone, and PC.
Part 1: Dropbox video download on an iPhone
As mentioned before, Dropbox is a cloud storage facility. You can use this tool to store your files through the internet and download them. It lets you save all the files, including videos, images, documents, movies, audios, etc. You can access those files even through a mobile device, no matter how you have uploaded them. So, all you need is an internet connection and a computing device to access Dropbox files.
For iPhone users, you can easily download those files, including videos from Dropbox. There’s no restriction in downloading Dropbox files as long as you have a good internet connection.
After downloaded, you can easily use them, share them or do whatever. Mentioned below are the steps to follow if you need to perform a Dropbox video download.
- First, unlock your iPhone and launch the Dropbox app by tapping on it on your home screen. Then, provide the credentials and log into the Dropbox account. However, if you have already logged into it, this step is not necessary. After logging in, locate the video you intend to download.
- Click on the option called “Camera Roll” so you will be able to find the video files. Or, you can go to other folders where you have saved the videos. Now, tap and hold on the video thumbnail so you will see an option bar. Click on the option called “Camera Roll” so you will be able to find the video files. Or, you can go to other folders where you have saved the videos.
- After saving the video, you can open it and use it as you wish.
Part 2: Dropbox video download on Android
Dropbox indeed is one of the most popular cloud storage services in the world. It can save all the files, including documents, photos, videos, etc. So, you can access your Dropbox account through any Android device through its app. Then, you can download those videos or images on your device to use as you wish. Once you have a good internet connection, downloading the videos is a matter of a few taps. If you follow the below simple guide, you can perform a Dropbox video download successfully.
- First, you should launch Dropbox app on your Android device. Then, you should log into the account by providing the credentials. If you have already signed in, you can skip that part. Once the Dropbox app is opened, you can navigate the file (the video) you intend to download. You can either select a single video or several videos at once. You can locate your files under “Camera Uploads” or any specific folder where you have saved the files.
- Now that the video is found, press and hold on to the video’s thumbnail for a while. After that, you should feel a vibration followed by different Dropbox video download options. Choose a destination to save the files.
Part 3: Dropbox video download on a computer
Now, let’s figure out how to download videos on Android and iOS platforms. Let’s move on. We are going to explain how to download your Dropbox videos on a computer.
There can be several instances in which you will have to download Dropbox videos on your computer. Regardless of the reason, Dropbox video download on a PC is a pretty simple process. Also, there are several ways to get it done.
In this article, we explain the reliable methods.
- First, please go to the official site of Dropbox and provide your credentials to log in. Then, you will be able to locate the video you intend to download.
- Now, you will see an icon with three dots located next to “Open.” Click on that icon and select the option called “Download.” Then, you can save the file on your local drive.
You should know that download will take some time to be completed. The duration will depend on the size of the video and the strength of the internet connection.
So, you will see there is no rocket science behind downloading a video from Dropbox to your computer. In addition to the above method mentioned, there is another method to do it without much trouble.
In that method, we will be using the Dropbox app. Let’s take a look at that method as well.
- First, you should install the Dropbox application for the desktop. Make sure that you download it through their official website. Then, you should configure it to synchronize the target files from cloud storage. As a result, the files stored in the Dropbox cloud storage will become available on the application. Once the app is installed, please launch it and click on that taskbar icon to proceed. You will see a separate window. Click on the option called “Settings” and go to “Preferences.”
- Now that the option called “Dropbox Preferences” is opened, tap on synchronizing to proceed. Then, hit the option called “Selective Sync.” As a result, you can find the files you intend to transfer to the computer. Click “OK” after finding the files and select “Apply” to complete it.
You can open the videos from the original location you have synchronized them to Dropbox. Most probably, it would be a default folder.
It is true that the above methods can download videos through Dropbox. However, in certain cases, the download can take a very long time. Also, the duration it takes will vary based on your internet speed. In addition to that, there is a limitation in Dropbox when you download a file. In fact, you cannot download a video from Dropbox if it is larger than 1GB.
Best Solution to Perform Dropbox Video Download
Well, what is the best solution to fix this issue? In this case, you can use Wondershare InClowdz as a professional solution. This special tool allows you to manage all the files that are saved on different cloud storage services. For instance, it can transfer Dropbox to Google Drive, manage and download files from Dropbox and Google Drive without any hassle. In addition to that, it lets you manage all those accounts with a single login. So, without a doubt, Wondershare InClowdz can be considered the best Dropbox video download tool.
- You can use it to migrate files saved in the cloud. For instance, photos, videos, and music can be managed across different platforms using InClowdz.
- You can use it to transfer files between Google Drive and Dropbox, transfer files from Google Drive to Dropbox and move photos from iCloud to Google photos as well.
- It can create a backup of music, videos, and any other file safely.
- It works with Google Drive, Dropbox, Amazon S3, OneDrive, etc.
How to use InClowdz and perform a Dropbox video download
Mentioned below are the steps to follow.
● First, sign in to your InClowdz account.
First, you should launch InClowdz on the PC and sign up for an account. You can do it by clicking on “Create an Account.” Those who have created an account already can sign in.
- Then, click on “Management.” Then, go to the option labeled “Add Clouds.” It gives you the option of adding multiple cloud accounts. After adding cloud accounts, you can see their information on the screen. You will have to authorize InClowdz to access your cloud accounts now.
- Now, you should choose the option labeled “Dropbox” from the available options to proceed.
- Now, you can Upload, Download, Refresh, Crete New Folders, etc., using the menu of InClowdz. Then, it is time to perform a Dropbox video download using InClowdz.
- You can now choose the video file that should be downloaded. Then, right-click on the file and select the option called “Download.”
- Now that the file is downloaded on your PC, you can locate it by opening the respective folder. Then, you can do anything you wish.
As you already know, modern-day computer users use cloud storage very often due to different reasons. Dropbox is one of the most popular options you can use as cloud storage. It allows you to manage your files very efficiently in cloud space. To make it more efficient, you can use a professional tool like Wondershare InClowdz. It allows you to manage different cloud platforms under one account. With such an option, you can easily perform Dropbox video download and many other tasks.