It is very much possible to control iPhone from PC as plenty of third-party remote controlling solutions exist. These tools bypass all the restrictions as establishing direct connections between iOS devices and PCs. As a result, you will be able to control the target device completely. Continue to read to know about some of the best hacks to control iPhone from computer.
The issue behind controlling device like iPhone remotely
You may think that storing data in cloud-based storage platforms are the most effective way to get data access everywhere. However, this doesn’t include access to the concerned device, too, which will require remote control through other means. You may need remote access to your iPhones due to any reason, which is not an easy task to accomplish.
The problem arises from the absence of any inbuilt remote accessibility feature in either PCs or iOS devices.
Finally, the problem can only be solved by several dedicatedly designed software that can let you remotely access iPhone devices from PCs. You may even find some features in the iOS devices that can help with remote monitoring. However, certain applications only work on jailbroken devices, and you may not want that.
Let us now start listing the software for you that can help you remotely control your iOS devices through PCs.
PS: let’s learn more about how to fix the Mac stuck on the Apple logo with ease.
Method 1. Control iPhone from PC via TeamViewer
This remote iPhone control solution is called the TeamViewer QuickSupport, which is popularly known for its huge feature kit. The solution can be easily accessed on any PC to control iPhone from PC. The latest update of this software has introduced the feature of screen sharing into it. Through this, you can share the screen of your iPhone with another party and let them also see the activities on your device.
This also proves especially helpful in seeking solutions for any technical fault remotely. Through screen sharing, you can let the other person understand the problem and give a solution for it if they have any. The screen sharing feature can only be used on devices using iOS 11 or above. The software TeamViewer must also be updated with the latest 13 versions.
Note: The only drawback of using this software is that it allows very limited monitoring of iOS devices. You cannot control the device thoroughly except seeing the onscreen activities. The only benefit, thus, you get from this is that it can help you get solutions for device problems remotely.
Let us now see how to use the TeamViewer software for monitoring the screen of the target device:
1. Install the software on the target iOS device like iPhone or iPad.
2. Now, open the software on that device and wait for it to generate a special ID automatically for you.
3. On your PC, open the software now. Click the option Remote Control present on the main interface of the tool.
4. Now, enter your entry ID provided in the second step, followed by hitting the button Connect.
5. Activate the feature of Screen Mirroring now. You can do that by swiping down in the section of Control Center and selecting the relevant option.
That was all. You will be able to control iPhone from the computer now through a chat window. This window will get activated on both devices.
Method 2. Control iPhone from PC by Veency
This is another specialized remote device controlling tool that gives effective monitoring solutions. The strength of this software lies in its versatile nature. We are talking about the plenty of other monitoring options it offers other than screen sharing. You can almost control the remote iOS device completely with the Veency software.
Veency works by connecting the target iOS device with the PC through different powerful methods. There are various clients of Veency like Tight VNC, Chicken VNC, and UltraVNC. Any of these clients can be installed easily for accessing the Veency software on the target device.
You can do a lot of things on the target iOS device with the Veency software. This includes lock/unlock, change the icon dimensions, launch apps, check the gallery, and so much more.
Note: There is a major downside of using the Veency tool, which is jailbreaking the target iOS device. Operating this tool requires mandatory jailbreaking of the iPhone, which can have security repercussions. Thus, if you don’t want to do that, you may have to look out for other remote control solutions.
Let us learn how to use the Veency software to control iPhone from PC:
1. Jailbreak the target iOS device.
2. Now, open the Cydia Appstore on the same device. Look for the Veency software.
3. Install the software on the device. You must know that the app starts running immediately after installation. It works in the background, so the icon of the app might not get visible on the main screen of the device.
4. Now, open the settings of your phone. Go to the option WiFi and check the IP address of the phone.
5. On the PC, you will have to enter this IP address into the section of the VNC client. Hit the button Connect now.
6. Once the connection is established successfully, a connection request will emerge on the target iOS device. You can accept it for starting the projection of the iOS device’s screen on the PC through the VNC client.
Method 3. Control iPhone from PC by Handoff
You will be surprised to know that Apple also has software that can perform remote controlling of iOS devices. We are talking about the Handoff software, which is the official feature of Apple. It can prove very useful in connecting an iPhone to the Macbook without even jailbreaking the phone. Handoff is a specialized feature found in iOS 8 that can be used on multiple iOS devices to control iPhone from a computer.
There are various things that Handoff can do for you, including:
- Allow access to the Macbook contact application for both receiving and making calls
- Transfer and continue the browsing session of Macbook Safari on the other iOS device
- Allow access to the apps like iMessage and the regular SMS platform of the iPhone device on the Macbook and use them for sending and receiving messages
- Make new notes along with syncing them to the iCloud account for access everywhere
Let us learn how to use the Handoff software:
1. Open your Macbook.
2. Now, you will have to activate the Handoff feature. For that, open the System Preferences and then go to the section General. Here, tick the box against the option Allow Handoff between this Mac and your iCloud devices.
3. Ensure that the same iCloud ID is used to sign in on both iOS devices.
4. You have to now open the app switcher bar by swiping from the bottom to up on the Macbook screen. Once it opens, click on the icon of Handoff. An icon will emerge on the lower-right portion of the screen automatically now.
That was it. You can start controlling the activities of your iPhone on the Macbook.
Method 4. Control iPhone from PC via AirServer
If you want advanced control over the iOS devices through your Macbook, then you can get help from the tool AirServer. This is an app that turns the role of the Macbook into an AIRPLAY receiver. It means that the Macbook now receives direct mirroring signals from the iOS device. Finally, you can control iPhone from PC for various purposes.
AirServer is unique from others because it has wireless functioning. You can control the iOS devices through a PC, like adjusting the screen resolution and size, etc. There are various other things that you can perform depending upon the nature of the connected devices.
Let us learn how to use the AirServer software:
- Begin with downloading & installing the software on the Macbook. You can do so by simply following the instructions of the installation manual.
- Connect both the Macbook and iPhone to a good wireless internet connection.
- On your iPhone, open the control center by swiping up on the screen from the bottom. Now, click on the option of AirPlay Mirroring.
- There will emerge a list of AirPlay receivers on the screen now. You have to select any particular AirPlay receiver that you want to use for mirroring the screen of the iOS device on the PC.
- The target iOS device will now get connected with the Macbook. You can now begin streaming the content on your iPhone through the AirPlay-enabled application on the AirServer.
- Tap on the casting switch and make sure that it turns green. You can now see the screen of the iPhone being cast on the Macbook.
Simply go ahead with performing any task on the Macbook now related to the iPhone.
Method 5. Control iPhone from PC via ISL Light.4
This software is a blessing for the users looking to screencast their iOS devices on non-macOS PCs like Windows/Linux PCs. The ISL Light app is the best application that can get you remote access to iOS devices on a Windows or Linux computer. You will be able to enjoy full remote controlling services with this application. It is dedicatedly built software for allowing remote access to various devices, including PCs and smartphones.
ISL Light.4 has so many advanced features that can be used to control iPhone from PC, troubleshoot the devices, manage data, configure devices, and do so much more.
Let us learn how to use the ISL Light.4 software to control iPhone from computer:
- Begin with downloading the software on the PC. It can be downloaded on Windows, Linux, and Mac PC as it is compatible with all of them.
- After successfully installing the software through the installation manual, launch it on the PC.
- Start a session on the software now.
- Now, on your iPhone, launch the software.
- Get the session code from the PC session of the software and share it on the iPhone. This will connect both devices instantly.
- Once the connection is established successfully, please start monitoring the iOS device from the PC.
Method 6. Control iPhone from Computer via MirrorGo
This is a great choice among the various third-party tools that help you control the iPhone from your PC. Screencasting is a great method for controlling and watching the activities going on another remote device. Wondershare MirrorGo does exactly that for you. With its help, you can cast the screen of your iPhone on a PC and operate the activities through a mouse remotely.
- Mirror the screen of the iOS device on PCs
- Reverse control the iOS device through PC
- Capture and save screenshots of the iPhone through PC
- See all the iPhone notifications through the PC without using the phone at all
It is extremely simple to use this tool which requires only two steps. The screen of iPhones can be mirrored very easily on PCs wirelessly, and here is the method for it:
1. You have to connect the PC and the target iOS device to the same wireless internet connection. Check for the same if they had any internet connection active on them previously.
2. With the MirrorGo software already installed on the devices, you can directly start casting the screen.
Additional: Using extension for controlling iPhone from PCs
Hitherto lesser-known, extensions are also an excellent method that can be used to control the iPhone from the PC. The Chrome Remote Desktop extension, which was initially built for Android users, can now be used by iOS users.
This extension does the same job of letting you control iOS devices from the PCs. You can expect to handle more types of devices through this extension. There are plenty of features of this extension like text chats, file transfer, etc.
Here is how to use it:
- Install the extension on your PC.
- After that, connect both the PC and the target iOS device to the same wireless internet connection.
- Now, you can start controlling and managing the iOS device from the PC simply. It was that easy.
Final Words on How to Control iPhone from Computer
This was all about the best solutions to control the iPhone from the PC. We covered all the hacks in-depth so that you don’t miss out on any step of the process and do the job rightly. You can choose between the methods, whichever seems easiest to you. Let us know about any other hack that you have to control the iPhone from a computer or your experience using our methods.