It takes a substantial amount of creativity and skill for one to create memes. However, if you use the best meme maker app, creating humorous memes is easier than you think.
Are you looking for an app that can create hilarious memes? If so, read this article to learn about the best meme generators available today.
Over the past couple of years, memes have become an incredibly popular thing shared over the internet. The widespread use of social media – in particular – has helped memes to become a norm among users. Most memes come with simple hilariousness, and they can make one’s day.
Besides enjoying the memes shared over social media, many individuals need to create them. Many individuals have great ideas for memes. But only a few of them can convert those ideas into memes.
However, the good news is that there are many simple apps to create memes. By choosing the best meme maker app, anyone can put their ideas into practice.
As assistance for those who need to create memes on their own, here’s a list of apps. More importantly, the apps we reveal are compatible with your smartphones. We divide this list of apps into two sections (for Android and iOS devices).
Besides, here are the best photo squarer apps for you.
Although using an installable app is a pretty decent option, we prefer using another method to create memes. Our preferred option is Filmora (an online tool) with several impressive characteristics.
If you consider using Filmora, you can create a variety of beautiful memes effortlessly. We consider Filmora as the best meme maker app because of various reasons.
Filmora is considered one of the most reliable online tools that easily create beautiful memes. It can create GIFs, images, and video memes, and more importantly, it doesn’t add watermarks to the output.
On top of all the impressive features, the Filmora is free to use. More importantly, it doesn’t even require you to register for an account.
Adding custom text, changing the text size, and coloring the text can be done exceptionally easier. It offers you the option of adding text in or outside the GIF. In a nutshell, Filmora creates memes with a couple of clicks.
Since Filmora doesn’t require you to install anything on your computer or device, it doesn’t affect overall performance. If you are considerate about the space of your device or computer, this is a great benefit.
So, if you’re looking for the best option to create memes, you should not miss out on Filmora. But if you still need to use an installable app and create memes, please read the following list.
Part 2. Best Meme Maker App for Android Devices
Here’s the list of best options if you are looking for the best meme maker app for Android.
01. 9GAG Meme Maker
If you are looking for a cool video meme maker app to create nice memes, try 9GAG. You can convert your ideas into beautiful memes if you use 9GAG. This app is a very user-friendly option that performs at a good speed.
Pros of 9GAG
- It lets you share memes through social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp, Twitter, etc.
- User-friendly interface
- There is a good chance of getting famous on the 9GAG platform instantly if your meme is very creative
Cons of 9GAG
- Lagging performance when loading videos and GIFs
- It is pretty difficult to download larger images
This app has a long history. It has plenty of preset memes that can be used to create memes instantly. If necessary, you can even use your images to create various memes.
Pros of Memedroid
- It creates memes that match pretty much all the occasions
- It is integrated with a large online community that loves memes
- You can create video memes using this app easily
- It has very funny content that is constantly updated
- It offers support for all the major languages, including English, Spanish, Polish, French, Russian, etc.
Cons of Memedroid
- A limited number of features
- The app tends to crash frequently
By the way, here are the funny TikTok memes for your reference.
If you intend to create top-quality GIFs using your images, Simple Meme Generator is a superb choice. This app works perfectly on your Android device; you can upload images directly from the device.
You can place funny text on the top and bottom of the image. Creating funny memes using Simple Meme Generator is a really easy task.
Pros of Simple Meme Generator
- Easy to use even for a novice
- Can use your own images, photos, and text
- Add customized colors, texts, and other details
Cons of Simple Meme Generator
- It applies watermarks to the created memes
- It helps in improving your creativity
Also, click here for the interesting girlfriend cheating meme.
Part 3. Best Meme Maker App for iOS devices
Now, let’s take a look at the best meme apps that are developed for iOS devices.
If you are looking for the best meme maker app for your iPhone, Mematic is a really good option. It comprises a decent collection of meme templates. These templates can let you create a variety of adorable memes with a couple of clicks only.
Pros of Mematic
- This app comes with a very simple user interface
- It lets you browse the memes easily
- It lets you share the memes without any hassle
Cons of Mematic
- Many of the features are available only in the pro version
- The free version of this app has a lot of ads
- Occasional lagging performance due to some bugs
This app is already used by hundreds of thousands of users across the globe. With this app, you can create memes with a couple of taps on your iPhone. If you have this app, you don’t need to be a photoshop expert to create memes anymore.
Pros of Meme Generator
- A large number of stock photo memes are stored in their library
- You can add custom quotes whenever it is necessary
- You can add your own watermark if required
- There are nice stickers
Cons of Meme Generator
- Many users have issues with this app’s payment methods
- Limited access for free users
In addition, read more information about the best After Effects alternatives.
Part 4. Making a Meme with Your Own Photo
It is true that there are plenty of meme images circulated among internet users. However, nothing can beat the thrill and excitement of creating memes using your photos. The apps mentioned in this article let you create memes using your picture.
In fact, adding your own photo to the app you are using should be simple. Regardless of the app you use, the option of adding your picture should appear clearly for the user. You can simply play with the menu icons in the app to find the option that uploads your image.
- After opening the meme creator app, you should tap on the plus icon. In most apps, this icon should appear as a “+” sign, which is easy for you to locate. However, some apps may have this icon with the appearance of the camera or something else. You can either select a photo from your library or take a new photo to create a meme.
- When prompted, you should grant permission for the app to access the photos or camera app accordingly. Then, tap the OK button.
- Now, select the picture you need or take the photo that will be converted into a meme.
- You can tap on the text bar to customize the caption
- Use the other relevant icons to give a more customized appearance to the text and image.
Once you have created what exactly you want, you can save the meme or share it. If you save it, the photo will be directly sent to your iPhone’s “Photos” app.
However, if you choose to share, you can directly upload it to your social media or email account.
The Bottom Line
As you would realize, memes are a really great way to make you happy and express your funny thoughts. Although there are plenty of tools to consider to create memes, you must be careful when selecting third-party apps.
Some apps contain malware and spyware that can make your device vulnerable to third parties. So, be smart and select the best meme maker app (like Filmora).
Software like Filmora can easily help you create various memes. You should remember that it is an online solution.
With that said, we also suggest our readers be responsible when creating memes. We won’t encourage you to create memes that are offensive to a certain group of people, religion, race, or personality.