AT&T Mobile Transfer is a special tool provided for AT&T users to transfer existing data to another mobile device. It is needless to mention how useful this feature, particularly after buying a new phone. That is because any user has loads of data to transfer from the existing device to the new one.
Features of AT&T Mobile Transfer App
The main purpose of the AT&T Mobile Transfer App is to help you transfer data to a new device. It can easily transfer data such as;
- Text, and many more
The most important thing about the AT&T Mobile Transfer app is that it allows you to transfer data wirelessly. That means you don’t have to connect your phones with each other or to a computer using cables. Such an approach can save a considerable amount of time. Also, it allows you to get the transferring process done easily. To get the transferring done through AT&T Mobile Transfer App, all you need is a solid wireless connection. Just download the app on both devices, follow the onscreen instructions, and start transferring the data.
What if AT&T Mobile Transfer App doesn’t work?
It is true that AT&T Mobile Transfer is a smoothly performing app. However, the problem is that it tends to stop working at times. What if you want to transfer some data from your old phone to the newer one? You are trying to do it through AT&T Mobile Transfer, but it doesn’t work. What can you do in that case? Well, there are some solutions to try and make your app working as expected again. If not, you can use a powerful alternative in place of AT&T Mobile Transfer. So, keep reading this article to learn what you can do about it.
Use MobileTrans to transfer your data [RECOMMENDED]
Do you want to transfer data from one phone to another without any hassle? If that is the case, you should consider using MobileTrans. This app is developed to be a very smooth, hassle-free tool that can replace AT&T Mobile Transfer App. With the assistance of this app, you can avoid all the troubleshooting steps without any trouble. Then, you can jump straightaway into the file transferring process. Thanks to the powerful and smart algorithm of MobileTrans, you can transfer data from a phone to another easily. In fact, it features a one-click operation to transfer data. The other notable advantage associated with MobileTrans is that it works perfectly on Android, Windows phones, and iOS devices.
Please follow below to transfer data between phones using MobileTrans.
- As the first step, you should download and install MobileTrans on your computer. It can be Windows or a macOS computer because MobileTrans works perfectly on both of those platforms.
- Now, connect both the devices to the same computer so they will be identified by the software. You can simply click on the Flip button so you can change “Source” and “Destination” devices. In other words, you can decide from which phone to which the data will be transferred.
- Now, you can choose the types of files you intend to transfer through MobileTrans. After choosing the file types on your preference, you can simply click on the “Start” button. As a result, the transferring process will begin. Please make sure that you don’t disconnect the devices until the data transfer is completed. The best is to leave the devices untouched until the data transferring is completed.
- Before completing the transaction, you must select the option “Clear data before copy” to delete the existing data. If not, you can simply have that option unchecked so that the data will remain in the device.
- The data will be transferred within a couple of minutes. You can check the target phone once the transferring is completed. You can then make sure if all the selected files are transferred. That’s it!
Other methods to try if AT&T Mobile Transfer is not working
If you can spend some time playing the device’s options and troubleshoot, you can try these methods. In fact, these methods are to get the AT&T Mobile Transfer app to work back. Compared to the previous method, these methods may need you to perform some advanced moves.
Some of the errors related to AT&T Mobile Transfer show error codes as well. For instance, it may show an error code like ‘testing connection.’ In addition to that, ‘finding device‘ and ‘retrieving content list‘ are some other error messages.
In addition to that, there can be many users who don’t find QR code functioning on the app. Well, if QR code doesn’t show up or nothing happens after scanning it, you cannot transfer data. It is true that all those instances can be addressed by using the alternative we have mentioned. However, if you still want to try some manual fixes, you may use the fixes mentioned below.
01. Make sure to check if you are using a supported device
Like any other software, AT&T Mobile Transfer shows some issues if the devices become incompatible. For instance, when it comes to iOS devices, this app runs only on versions higher than 8.0. When it comes to Android devices, it requires Android 4.4 or later. If the operating systems are not compatible with the app, you should update the OS. If the issue is related to an unsupported OS, a proper update should fix it.
02. Check if your Wi-Fi connection is working
As you may already know, your Wi-Fi connection should be solid and strong enough to transfer data. If you have trouble connecting devices to the Wi-Fi network, you cannot use the AT&T Mobile Transfer app. So, troubleshoot your Wi-Fi connection before trying to transfer data again. For instance, you can disconnect and connect your Wi-Fi, restart router, etc. and check if the device is working.
03. Try to transfer a smaller amount of data
Sometimes, the app can crash or stop working if you try to transfer larger amounts of data. If you try to transfer a couple of Gigabytes at once, the app may stop or stuck. So, don’t start to transfer a large number of files at once. Instead, you should transfer a couple of files at a time. If not, you can try the transferring of the same data a couple of times. The best approach is to transfer about 01 GB or 02 GB of files.
04. Reboot the device
If you are still experiencing bad luck, you should choose to reboot the device. That means you should reboot both the devices to get things back to normal. In fact, rebooting the device can resolve various minor issues on smartphones regardless of the OS. Fixing the data transfer issue is one of those issues if you are lucky enough.
05. Clear Cache of AT&T Mobile Transfer app (on Android)
Another simple but effective way to resolve possible issues related to AT&T Mobile Transfer is clearing cache. In fact, this method can be applied to Android devices only. To do it, you should follow the steps mentioned below.
- Go to Settings of your Android device.
- Then, go to Manage Apps so you will see the list of apps installed on your device.
- Now, you can choose AT&T Mobile Transfer from the list and tap on it.
- Then, tap on the option called “Clear Data” and then select the option called “Clear Cache” as well.
Try the app now and see if it works.
06. Reinstall AT&T Mobile Transfer
In most cases, the issue must be resolved with one of the above steps. However, if you are yet to succeed, you must be really frustrated by now. If that is the case with you, just try to reinstall the app and see if it works. You can simply uninstall the app from the device and download it back from the corresponding app collection. That means you can download it through Google Play, Microsoft Store, or Apple Store, depending on your OS. This process will install the latest version on your device. Once the installation is completed, you can simply launch the app and see if it works. Please note that you should perform this process on both devices.
So, that’s it about the solutions you can try when AT&T Mobile Transfer is not working. As per the experience we had, the first option (MobileTrans) is the most appropriate option.
As you may notice, AT&T Mobile Transfer is a very handy way to get your data transferred. However, at times, it can give some issues due to various reasons. One of the common causes behind those issues is that this app works solely based on your Wi-Fi network. In other words, it transfers files through Wi-Fi connection. So, you cannot expect a super-fast data transfer even if the app works perfectly. This is particularly true when it comes to transferring large data files. If something happens to the connection during the transferring, the data transferring will stop. So, if you have a large amount of data to transfer, it is better to use MobileTrans.
With MobileTrans, you can transfer data from one device to another through a wired connection. As a result, you can expect a speedier, reliable data transferring with no interruptions. So, if you are looking for a perfect alternative to AT&T Mobile Transfer, use MobileTrans. If you know better ways to address this issue, please share your knowledge with us. We are always happy to know your honest feedback.