Atibtmon.exe Runtime Error on Windows 10 can prevent you from concentrating on your work.
If you are reading this article as you want to learn how to fix it, keep reading. You have just landed on the correct page to fix this error.
What is atibtmon.exe Runtime Error Windows 10?
If you have come across atibtmon.exe Windows 10, you will first wonder what it is. So, before we go into other details, let’s learn what this error is. That will give you an idea of its situation.
In fact, atibtmon.exe runtime error Windows 10 is a specific program that automatically turns your system into power-saving mode. That’ll happen when you disconnect your Windows-operated laptop from the power source. Also, this program is designed to work with ATI graphics.
So, have you ever experienced this error and looking for a solution? If so, you can learn it by reading the remainder of this article carefully.
PS: let’s figure out how to get rid of the Csrss.exe Trojan with ease.
What Are the Solutions to Solve atibtmon exe Windows 10 Runtime Error?
In fact, there are several solutions to fix atibtmon exe Windows 10 runtime error. So, you don’t have to fret anymore. All you need is to try the below-mentioned solutions one by one until you fix the error.
In other words, you don’t have to try all the solutions explained in the below section. So, let’s start without further ado.
Besides, if you are experiencing the issues like .NET Runtime Optimization Service Consuming High CPU, here are the top solutions for you.
Method 1: Get Rid of the Battery of the Faulty Laptop
The first method in this list is exceptionally easy and simple. All you need is to remove the laptop battery so the issue will get resolved. Once you have done that, you should connect the same laptop to the power supply.
If everything goes, well, your laptop should work right now. However, if the error is still persisting, you can simply move to the next method without panicking.
Method 2: Try an Older Display Driver to Fix Atibtmon.exe Runtime Error
Atibtmon exe Windows 10 runtime error can appear because of some issues pertaining to your graphic drivers. Nevertheless, even that can be fixed without much trouble.
To fix the atibtmon.exe Windows 10 error, you can go ahead and install an older driver. Well, it is always necessary to remove the existing driver before installing the older one.
01. First, you should locate your “Start” menu and perform a right-click. After that, please choose the “Device Manager” from the popup menu. Then, you will be able to open the option to proceed.
02. Now, click on the option called “Adapters” so you can expand the options. After that, you should locate the display adapter on it and perform a right-click on it. Then, you will see the “Uninstall Device“.
03. You can then check the option called “Delete the driver software for this device“. After that, just choose the option called “Uninstall” to proceed.
04. Now, the respective driver will be removed from your computer. After that, you can simply perform a restart. Once the PC is restarted, the default driver of the application will be installed. Then, you should be able to work on the PC without an atibtmon exe Windows 10 runtime error.
Method 3: Disable the Feature Called “Powerplay”
In some cases, atibtmon.exe runtime error Windows 10 can appear due to the feature called “Powerplay“. This specific feature is located under “Catalyst Control Center“. This specific feature will create conflicts with the power settings. It is possible to fix this error by disabling the Powerplay option. You can do that in the option called “Catalyst Control Center“.
If you want to learn that, you can go ahead and learn the steps below.
Important: Please note that disabling the powerplay option requires another step. In this case, you will have to change the power settings of the system to proceed.
01. First, you should enter the text “Power Settings” in your search bar to proceed. After that, you should select the option called “Power & Sleep Settings“.
02. After that, please click on the option called “Additional Power Settings” to go to the next step.
03. After that, you will have to click on the option called “Change advanced power settings“.
04. You can go to “ATI Graphics Power Settings” so it can be expanded.
05. Now, you can configure “ATI Powerplay Settings“. Make sure that you change it to the value called “Maximum Performance“. Then, you can save the changes.
As a result of the above settings, you’ll be able to get rid of the “atibtmon.exe Windows 10” error. That is because you have resolved the conflict that takes place between “power settings” and “Powerplay“.
If everything went right, the error should be disappeared by now. However, if the error is not disappeared, you should not worry because you can try the next solution.
Method 4: Deactivate the Service Called “AMD External Events“
You may already know that some apps and your Windows OS require some services to work properly. However, there are some apps that can cause various issues on your computer and prevent proper function. That said, Atibtmon.exe runtime error Windows 10 can appear because of a service called AMD External Events.
Because of that, the best approach to fix this issue is by disabling that service.
Please follow up on simple steps in order to fix this error by disabling AMD External Events.
Important: Windows allows you to disable the services that aren’t required. As you use a computer for some time, various services and processes can start to run in the background. Not all those services are compulsory for a system. In fact, some of those services can make your system perform very slowly, and that’s annoying.
So, the best approach is to disable all those unnecessary services and speed up the performance of the PC. If your PC has too many services running in the background, that will definitely affect the overall performance. The good news is that Windows 10 operating system allows you to disable any service you may not need. So, let’s go ahead and learn how to do it.
01. First, you should open the “Run” utility on your computer. You can press the “Windows” as well as the “R” keys together to bring that up. When the run utility is up, you should enter the text “services.msc“. After that, you should click on the option “OK” and go to “Services“.
02. Now, you should find the service called “AMD External Events“. After that, you should perform a double-click on the icon to open its properties.
03. Once you have done that, just go to the “Startup Type“. Then, choose it to be the option called “Disabled“. Under the option called “Service Status“, click on “Stop“. That will stop the respective service.
04. Now, please click on the option called “Apply“. Then, you should click on the option called “OK” to save the changes made.
05. Once you have disabled the service called “AMD External Events“, restart the PC. Then, check if atibtmon.exe Windows 10 is still appearing. For most individuals, the error should be fixed right now.
Method 5: Clean Boot Your PC to Fix Atibtmon.exe Runtime Error
As the next step, you should perform a clean boot on your computer to fix the issue. There is no shortage of third-party applications you will download into your operating system as you go on. As you go on, these applications can create a significant impact on Windows and slow it down.
Also, it can be a reason to encounter errors like atibtmon.exe runtime error Windows 10. To avoid such an error, in that case, you can clean boot your PC. With a clean boot, you can easily get rid of all the third-party apps that are not essential.
Mentioned Below is How to Perform a Clean Boot.
01. First, you should hit the “Windows” + “R“ keys together so that it will bring the “Run” dialog box up. After that, you should enter the text “MSConfig” and hit “OK” to proceed to the next step.
02. Now, go to the option called “Services” and select the option “Hide all Microsoft Services“. Click on the option called “Disable All“. That will disable all those services.
03. You can choose the option called “Startup” and then click on “Task Manager“.
04. You will be able to see the startup applications now. Choose an item available in the list and perform a right-click on it to proceed. Then, you should choose “Disable” to proceed. You can repeat the steps for all the startup applications.
05. Now, you can go back to the option called “System Configuration“. Then, click on the option called “Apply“. Hit “OK” to proceed.
06. Restart the PC so you can apply the changes.
That’s it. As of now, the atibtmon.exe runtime error Windows 10 should be fixed.
As we believe, at least one of the above options can fix the atibtmon.exe Windows 10 error. So, go ahead and give them a try.