If you notice a drastic Apple Watch battery drain, you will surely be worried. But you don’t have to; in this article, we will explain how to overcome this issue.
We will also explain the possible reasons for your Apple Watch to experience such a problem.
The average battery life of an Apple Watch after a completely full charge is 18 hours. Sadly, the Watch’s battery life is inadequate, given that it must be worn for over 20 hours every day.
Apple Watch lacks sleep tracking capabilities due to its limited battery life. You may be wondering what causes this and what you can do to extend the battery life. So, let’s have a look at those solutions.
Reasons for Apple Watch Battery Drain
It can be difficult to pin down the root reason for a rapidly depleting battery. However, the Apple Watch itself may be to blame because of its pretty limited lifespan.
In addition, its battery life may be low because the screen is activated frequently. The rapid depletion of your Apple Watch’s battery could be due to any of the following.
- The device’s wake screen time is too long.
- You have turned on its app refresh option.
- Your Apple Watch’s brightness is set to be too high.
- Some updates can cause battery drains too.
Besides, is your Apple Watch stuck on the Apple logo? If so, here, you will get to know about some of the best ways to get rid of this issue easily.
What Measures Can You Take to Improve the Battery Life of Your Apple Watch?
A device’s display is usually the main culprit when it comes to its relatively shorter battery life. Batteries in Apple devices are used faster when the screen is on.
With that said, let’s start with some ideas for cutting down on the Apple Watch use.
Also, are you looking for a way to bypass Apple Watch activation lock? Here are some of the top effective methods to carry out this task.
1. Reduce or Disable Your Device’s Wake Screen Time
To lessen the amount of time the respective Apple watch is awake, you can adjust a few options.
In most cases, raising your wrist or tapping the screen will activate the Apple Watch’s display. Depending on your preferences, the screen would stay on for a predetermined amount of time.
Select either 15 or 70 seconds. Using less power is preferable, so if you’re concerned about your battery life, go with the second choice. You must be sure your iPhone is within reach while you adjust the Apple Watch’s settings.
When you change the settings of the Apple Watch, ensure that the Watch is placed closer to the iPhone.
- First, you should select the “Watch” option on your iPhone.
- Select the “My Watch” tab and go to “General.”
- Go to “Wake Screen.”
- Then, you should select the “Wake for 15 Seconds” option.
Also, it is possible to slide the toggle button to disable the Wake Screen option. This specific option can save a considerable amount of battery life.
You can also simply turn on the Apple Watch option by disabling the Digital Crown. If not, you can even do it by tapping.
2. Reduce the Brightness of the Screen
Battery life can also be extended by lowering the screen’s brightness. You can adjust the Watch’s screen brightness and contrast in the app by tapping the “Display & Brightness” button. Dim the screen by swiping the switch.
A similar option, Reduce Motion, is available. With that, the Apple Watch’s battery life will be prolonged as animations, and automatic scaling of its interface is disabled.
Here’s how to accomplish that goal.
- Turn on the Watch app.
- Select “Accessibility.”
- It is possible to see the option called “Reduce Motion.” Now, you should select that option and then slide its toggle to switch it off.
3. Disable Notifications
If your notice an Apple Watch battery drain, here’s another solution to try and see what happens. In this case, all you have to do is to disable notifications.
With these steps, it is possible to check all the notifications leisurely at once. You can follow the steps below and get it done.
- Tap on the option called “Notifications.”
- Then, you should scroll down. After that, you should turn off notifications that are not important.
4. Disable the Option Called Background App Refresh
With Background App Refresh enabled, your apps will automatically refresh or continue running in Apple Watch’s background.
It goes without saying that this method significantly drains your battery life. Disable this feature to prevent your Apple Watch from draining its battery prematurely.
- Select the “Watch” option and then go to the “General” option.
- Afterward, you should scroll down and reach “Background App Refresh” to proceed.
- Tap and slide the toggle option and turn that feature off.
Some apps, including Alarms and iMessage, may need that you maintain background apps refresh enabled.
Instead of disabling the feature entirely, you should go through the list of installed programs. After that, disable the ones you don’t need to have operating in its background.
5. End the Workout Mode Manually
Apple Watches continuously monitors the heart rate while you exercise. Because of this, power consumption will skyrocket.
In order to manually exit Workout Mode, you need to swipe right. After that, you should select End. This can be a solution to try if you experience an Apple Watch battery drain.
6. Put Your Device on Power Saving
Apple Watch has a mode called “Power Saving” It is another easy approach to extend the device’s battery life.
So, background processes can be terminated, and the screen can be turned off when it is not in use. That will reduce power usage.
The Apple Watch feature must be activated in the Settings menu. Then click the option labeled “Workout” at the very end.
Well, the Power Saving Mode switch can be activated by sliding it. This is a standard yet effective method for those who experience Apple Watch battery drain.
7. Disable Bluetooth and Wi-Fi When You Don’t Need them
Your Apple Watch’s battery life will be shortened due to Wi-Fi or Bluetooth’s continual data refresh. We advise shutting off Wi-Fi & Bluetooth whenever they aren’t needed, such as when you aren’t working out.
Start by going to the Settings menu on your watch. Access Wi-Fi settings and disable it. Also, disable Bluetooth by going to Settings.
8. Reset Your Apple Watch and Pair It Again
Are you tired of trying other options and still can’t get the phone and Apple Watch to communicate? If so, try resetting it and pairing them again.
If you wish to conserve some power, you can kill any running processes by doing this.
- First, you should get your iPhone and open “Watch” on it.
- After that, tap on the option called “General.”
- Scroll further down and tap on the option called “Reset.”
- After that, select the option “Erase Apple Watch Content and Settings.”
- When a popup appears, tap on the option “Erase All……” to confirm the action.
Restart the Watch app and pair the Watch again. However, before pairing, you should unpair it following the steps below.
- Select the “Watch” app and go to “My Watch.”
- Hit “i” to proceed.
- Select the option “Unpair” and then confirm the action.
- After that, to re-pair the device, tap “Start Pairing,” Once you have done that, select the option “Set Up for Myself.” Make sure your camera is positioned over the Apple Watch to be paired successfully.
9. Delete Any of the Apps That Are Not Necessary
Removing unused apps is one last resort you can take. By doing so, the Apple Watch & phone will communicate less frequently. You may access the apps on the Apple watch by opening it.
Press and hold the app you no longer wish to use. The app will be removed from your Watch after you confirm it. Select the App you wish to uninstall and tap Delete.
10. Update Your Apple Watch
Update the Apple Watch software as a last resort. The reason for this is that with each iOS update comes a slew of enhancements.
And some of those may affect the battery life. If there is a newer version of the Apple Watch’s software, you can update it using your iPhone.
Were you able to solve Apple Watch battery drain issue? If none of the above options have worked for you, there’s only one solution left.
In this case, you should contact the customer support team at Apple. They will help you fix the issue using their expertise and skills.